Heathcote DFL 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed in todays Advertiser, the Bendigo Umpires appointments for the Heathcote league read that they are all supplied by the Rochester umpires.

Does this mean that the Bendigo umpires no longer supply umpires to the Heathcote league?

I have noticed in todays Advertiser, the Bendigo Umpires appointments for the Heathcote league read that they are all supplied by the Rochester umpires.

Does this mean that the Bendigo umpires no longer supply umpires to the Heathcote league?

Bendigo umpires are sooking because they missed out getting the Preliminary and G/Final,the HDFL have given it to the Rochy umpires

Rochy umpires are a lot better in my opinion. They communicate a lot better with players and are a lot more consistent. You never know what your gonna get when the bendigo umpires turn up.

Quiet on most of the forums of late.

Just have a passing interest in HDL footy, and noticed finals start next week.

Can anyway post where finals are to be played, and who will be playing next week.

Bit of banter about possible ins and outs, results, injuries etc would be handy too ...

It should be a good finals series this year. I think it's between the top three teams and the other two are just makin up numbers. Will be interesting to see who wins out of heathcote and Elmore next week. I think the smallish ground will help heathcote and they are close to full strength with only the one injury on the weekend. Locky heathcote grandfinal I think

Do the Bendigo Advertiser people have any idea?

Bendigo Bombers (which includes maybe 2 Bendigo based players) and Bendigo Pioneers (which involves maybe 14-18 Bendigo players) get all of the second back page today. That for less than 20 players.

The HDFL involves nine clubs which are mostly made up of people within the distribution area of the paper - LBU and LG less so but a number of their players do live in Bendigo. But even if you said 7 clubs at 40-60 Bendigo and district based footballers and 20-40 Bendigo and district base netballers you are up around 500 people not including supporters.

And how much coverage do they get....? A crappy little article and some scores. Not even any mention of this weekends finals fixuture. No wonder people stop buying the paper. Focus your coverage on what the people in your distribution areas are interested in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bendigo Bombers (which includes maybe 2 Bendigo based players) and Bendigo Pioneers (which involves maybe 14-18 Bendigo players) get all of the second back page today. That for less than 20 players.

The HDFL involves nine clubs which are mostly made up of people within the distribution area of the paper - LBU and LG less so but a number of their players do live in Bendigo. But even if you said 7 clubs at 40-60 Bendigo and district based footballers and 20-40 Bendigo and district base netballers you are up around 500 people not including supporters.

And how much coverage do they get....? A crappy little article and some scores. Not even any mention of this weekends finals fixuture. No wonder people stop buying the paper. Focus your coverage on what the people in your distribution areas are interested in.

But Mt.Men...surely you post in jest!

Why, the B'go Bombers and Pio's are such strong dominant clubs who generate so much passion amongst local football followers in Central and Northern Victoria!! :rolleyes:

Why shouldnt we be bombarded with copious articles celebrating there mediaocrity on a consistent basis??

Back to HDFL finals footy though....does anyone think either North B'go or W.Hills could do a little damage next week, with the winner likely to play Elmore in the 1st semi next Sunday? Pretty sure the Hills have beaten the Bloods twice this season...not sure how North have fared but while Heathcote and LBU are the clear cut best 2 left in it, I reckon Elmore are a little vulnerable.

This is not to say I think NB or WH can go much deeper (a prelim for either club would be a better than pass mark for 2011) but the chance of a straight sets exit for Elmore next week could mean the club is under extreme pressure to perform considering there off season spend and high profile recruiting spree?! Very ineteresting month ahead...and lucrative too perhaps, for those smart enough to get on the Saints at $4.50 a month ago!!

But Mt.Men...surely you post in jest!

Why, the B'go Bombers and Pio's are such strong dominant clubs who generate so much passion amongst local football followers in Central and Northern Victoria!! :rolleyes:

Why shouldnt we be bombarded with copious articles celebrating there mediaocrity on a consistent basis??

Back to HDFL finals footy though....does anyone think either North B'go or W.Hills could do a little damage next week, with the winner likely to play Elmore in the 1st semi next Sunday? Pretty sure the Hills have beaten the Bloods twice this season...not sure how North have fared but while Heathcote and LBU are the clear cut best 2 left in it, I reckon Elmore are a little vulnerable.

This is not to say I think NB or WH can go much deeper (a prelim for either club would be a better than pass mark for 2011) but the chance of a straight sets exit for Elmore next week could mean the club is under extreme pressure to perform considering there off season spend and high profile recruiting spree?! Very ineteresting month ahead...and lucrative too perhaps, for those smart enough to get on the Saints at $4.50 a month ago!!

Heathcote have kicked 65.37 in the last two weeks on small grounds. This weeks game is on a small ground. Things are looking ominous for the saints.

but mt.men...surely you post in jest!

Why, the b'go bombers and pio's are such strong dominant clubs who generate so much passion amongst local football followers in central and northern victoria!! :rolleyes:

Back to hdfl finals footy though....does anyone think either north b'go or w.hills could do a little damage next week, with the winner likely to play elmore in the 1st semi next sunday? Pretty sure the hills have beaten the bloods twice this season...not sure how north have fared but while heathcote and lbu are the clear cut best 2 left in it, i reckon elmore are a little vulnerable.

This is not to say i think nb or wh can go much deeper (a prelim for either club would be a better than pass mark for 2011) but the chance of a straight sets exit for elmore next week could mean the club is under extreme pressure to perform considering there off season spend and high profile recruiting spree?! Very ineteresting month ahead...and lucrative too perhaps, for those smart enough to get on the saints at $4.50 a month ago!!

...and I'm not a smart man Brentmeister!

What are every ones tips this weeks and players to watch who might have snuck under the radar.
I think heathcote by ten with jye ledin best on white hills by 14 with wright best on

Bombers and Pio's are a joke.... Why is it that a couple of weeks ago Bombers played at QEO and Pio's played in Melbourne on the same weekend? You would think they would try to get the Pio's as a curtain raiser for them. They need all the Addy space they can get cause crowds of 100 dont cut it in any football.......

Locky
Sides haven't gone near them in the past couple of months. Main concerns are fitness of Dohnt and Oliver, and whether Wombat kicks straight
Maybe not the biggest surprise, but the improvement of Leitchville-Gunbower in the second half of the season with few big men
Don't know enough about the Bendigo sides to guess medal!

I try and keep up to speed with things down here via Chalkie's website and also the Addy website. Whilst I understand not all artciles get posted on the web (we cant buy it in Kilmore) you guys seemed to have lucked out this week in terms of exposure on the eve of the finals.

Has there been a changing of the guard up there, is Westy still involved with the Sport at the Addy? If I were involved with club's still alive, or even the league exec I'd be disappointed :(

I try and keep up to speed with things down here via Chalkie's website and also the Addy website. Whilst I understand not all artciles get posted on the web (we cant buy it in Kilmore) you guys seemed to have lucked out this week in terms of exposure on the eve of the finals.

Has there been a changing of the guard up there, is Westy still involved with the Sport at the Addy? If I were involved with club's still alive, or even the league exec I'd be disappointed :(

Had a flick through a friends Addy yesterday. A couple of thousand people at White Hills yesterday but not one mention of the game in the paper. Don't worry, the Bombers still got a full page!! Wonder how many Bendigo people went to that game...?

Interesting start to the game with what happened to Weekly. Were there any reports?

How is that young Heathcote fella that hit the fence? He looked in some pain.

White Hills may need to put aside some of that cash they are paying players and buy a siren that can be heard. They may as well play the triangle to end the quarter.

I might be wrong but saw people from all clubs attend yesterday except Leitchville. I know it's a long way from Bendigo but maybe they could get more involved.

You are right they know every Locky players name:D

I'm guessing your opinion of the Rochester umpires must've changed after yesterday ump? Heathcote should be without at least 2 players for the remainder of the season if the umpires had any balls. Mellington should've been sent off in the first quarter. He can play footy, there's no doubting that. Why does he feel he has to commit thuggery every 5 minutes. He could've cost Heathcote the game, but the rest of the team helped him out with that. Maybe spend some money on a decent screwdriver during the week to tighten his screws up before next weekend.

i do not follow either side but umps ruined a good game with ticky touch free kicks.
elmore crowd upset with heathcote player but what i saw was in first quarter was elmore player swung at mellington then got knocked out by his own player(no 19) who was trying to throw a king hit on heathcote player(from behind) whilst he was wrestling with no 62.
So i think it was even on who hit who.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back