Skyrim - The Elder Scrolls 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok people..if you haven't done this yet, well worth the leg work. get yourself to Falkreath, see the smithy. He will ask u to find his dog. go just out of town (the way i came in anyway) and a dog called Barbos will meet you. Accept his quest(this is the leg work) and follow him. No more spoilers, just, the reward at the end is awesome. :thumbsu:

ok people..if you haven't done this yet, well worth the leg work. get yourself to Falkreath, see the smithy. He will ask u to find his dog. go just out of town (the way i came in anyway) and a dog called Barbos will meet you. Accept his quest(this is the leg work) and follow him. No more spoilers, just, the reward at the end is awesome. :thumbsu:

Agreed
Did you go the armour reward or the weapon reward. I went armour in the end and look totally badass as a result

As you get past level 10 or so there should be a heap as you wander around, a couple of inn keepers have rumors/bounty quests that show locations of where Dragons live. Usually marked on the map with a dragon icon and you learn a word from most locations.

I found shouting in each town/city to be beneficial, often it has resulted in a courier finding me with a 'letter from a friend', revealing a location of a dragon and a new word

Anyone else had The Companions questline glitch? It is one of the worst glitches I've ever had. Apparently because I had started another (minor) quest that was at the same location, it screws with the companions questline and you can never advance to the next stage of it.

Anyone else had The Companions questline glitch? It is one of the worst glitches I've ever had. Apparently because I had started another (minor) quest that was at the same location, it screws with the companions questline and you can never advance to the next stage of it.
Can you describe it in a bit more detail? I MAY know what your talking about.

Also, how do you fill up a dragon soul gem? Do you need to use soul trap or is it automatic, and how big does the soul gem need to be?

I'd heard that as well, but whenever I try it I either get warned by a guard or ignored. Ah well, I've got 6 unused souls anyway.

Yeah they're very random. I got one from a shout I'd used at The Throat of The World. Don't know how I 'caused a bit of a stir' there when there is only one character living there lol

Can you describe it in a bit more detail? I MAY know what your talking about.

"Companions questline: If you have already cleared Driftshade Refuge beforehand, at the completion of 'Blood's Honor' for the Companions, the game offers you no dialogue choice to accept the following quest; essentially breaking the progression of the Companions quest line until fixed. (PC, 360, PS3).

Note that some reports will say that such and such misc. quest sent them to Driftshade Refuge, but it's the actual killing of all bandits in the location (resulting in it being marked as "Cleared") that triggers the bug."

Hopefully they fix it with a patch.

Just some points:
Shouting in a city will often result in couriers giving you locations (dont hit ppl tho)
Dragons can be found by accepting work from the local inn, bounty is more often than not a dragon in my case anyway (about 40%)
Zelda for me is the GOAT. This game is a great for sure, as are about 10 games a year. Imo it's just below it but will be remembered for a long time and have lots of comparisons made.

"Companions questline: If you have already cleared Driftshade Refuge beforehand, at the completion of 'Blood's Honor' for the Companions, the game offers you no dialogue choice to accept the following quest; essentially breaking the progression of the Companions quest line until fixed. (PC, 360, PS3).

Note that some reports will say that such and such misc. quest sent them to Driftshade Refuge, but it's the actual killing of all bandits in the location (resulting in it being marked as "Cleared") that triggers the bug."

Hopefully they fix it with a patch.
Hmm, well I had the same problem as yours but mines a bit different and not sure if this tactic will work the same way.

Basically I got Eris from Red Wave, and Red Wave is some ship and when you enter the only dialogue you get is them saying "you shouldn't be here". So obviously this is a major problem with Eris, but what I did was I punched her and ran out of the ship (which then everyone from Red Wave would follow me and attack me), then I used Voice of the Emperor which calms them down (only available to Imperials), but I THINK the magic "calm" may work. Then everyone's like oh alright and go back to the ship, then I quickled talked to Eris which opened up the dialogue and ended up brawling with her.

Another tactic is you can try and kill the person you need to intimidate. I remember I got fustrated and killed Eris and it said that I had failed the quest and had to report back to ****ar. So maybe when you go back, they give you another person?

Agreed
Did you go the armour reward or the weapon reward. I went armour in the end and look totally badass as a result

#spoiler# meh, not my fault if they keep reading. I refused to kill matey.so i didn't get a choice..but, I got a helmet to hang on to..leave it at that:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree very rewarding for a mission that has the most annoying voiced game character of all time.

Just on the companion Quest. I just did the quest where you have to assassinate the leader of the silver hand. You then go back to the companion hall and they have been attacked. I get talked to about a mission but nothing shows up!!!!!

Has this glitched?

EDIT: Seems that it is a glitch that should be fixed with an update. Just a hint for players.Before talking to Vilkes (Actually do this outside of the building as he automatically speaks to you when you enter.) Get rid of any companion you have. This could be the cause of the glitch.

Ohhhh I'm still so much of a noob to the ES world and Skyrim.

Put in my first 20 odd hours on the weekend and am currently a level 11 Woodelf hunter/steathy type... mainly us my bow supported by a shield/1h combo. Just meet the Greybeards, long climb up and a few challenging encounters for my "Storm Shadow" toon.

I'm a big disappointed with the "companion" skill that allows me to command a wild animal... it only lasts for 60 seconds which won't help in taming a 'pet' traveling to fight and fighting. Perhaps this can be improved somewhere.

Have joined the companions and will join the Stormclouds.

There is an exploit where you can buy the house in Whiterun for free... YouTube it. You need 5000g first, but you need to buy when the guy is in a particular place.

Itching to get home/back from work and explore.

Hey guys.
Pretty pumped to play this game, fallout 3 is basically my favourite game ever.

I am and will be a complete noob though, I just have a couple of questions

1) is lock pick as important in this game as it is in FO3?

2) thoughts on choosing the Khajit as a race and then using the remaining points on magic

3) is conjure better than destruction?

Thanking you

Hey guys.

Yes, however you can get a Standing Stone Power (13 stones, can only have one active) that lets you open Expert and below locks immediately.

2) thoughts on choosing the Khajit as a race and then using the remaining points on magic

You dont customise your character at creation. You choose a look and name and thats it, customisation of class is based on your actions in the game, i.e youll look to use more magic.

You cant really compare them that way, theyre different play styles. Destruction is a traditional caster role, whereas Conjuration is similar to a magician in everquest, conjuring armor and swords and pets etc.

Thanking you
You're very welcome

I seem to be able to open all locks and I haven't leveled that up at all really. So I would say it isn't really that important.

I can prophesise that youre opening up all the easy locks and getting like 20gold and a lockpick from them. As you move into harder dungeons youll find Expert and Master locks with better treasure inside, or on gates that offer short cuts/alternate routes.

Lockpicking in FO3 wasnt 'required' as such but it was a huge help. Its exactly the same in ESV:S

I've found that the lockpicking is fairly easy. My lockpick level is only at 25 or so, but I'm opening adept locks very easily and only using 3 or 4 picks to open an expert lock.

Hey guys.

Thanking you

If you're 'battlemage' type guy conjuration every time. I tried using destruction for a while, but i didn't use

Anyone know an easier way to get the Daedric Armour.

I have armour at 115 now but haven't seen anything new. Doesn't seem to be too much options for weapons and armour besides adding a spell here and there. Annoys me as I love just walking around searching for the best armour and weapons.

EDIT: I don't want to have to make them.

Bought the game today.
Can't wait to play it tonight.

Being new to the game, what are some recommendations for my choice of race?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back