Roast Poor Attitude During Nab Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Non-collingwood supporter, you're a muppet.

I've been a member of this great club since I was 5, 20 years on and I've stuck through the hard times and great times. It's people like you that make me sick! Every year, guys like you carry on over a loss during the season or this NAB cup rubbish.

Stressing out over a game in the NAB cup is ludicrous.

We are not comparing ourselves to Adelaide either. We should be comparing ourselves to Hawthorn and Geelong who are 20 goal better sides than Adelaide.

Geelong's kids the other day all stood up.

Our youngsters look like they have no structure or ideas.

The one who looks the worst is Chris Dawes.

I can understand some of the others coming back being a little short of a run
He should be jumping out of a run.

But Dawes has no excuses.

He should be smashing sides like that but he is running on one cylinder.

Seriously laughed at considering Buckley one of our senior players.

Didn't I say he's A senior player?

Is he not?

He's not inexperienced. He came from another club, and has played enough senior games now. He may not be starting 22 but he IS a senior player.

So let's rewind 12 months. Win NAB Cup. Demolish sides early on. Nobody can see us being beaten all year. Peak too early. Enter finals out of form. Fall over the line in prelim through pure heart.

I wouldn't be concerned with this start and even if we get beaten by Hawthorn round 1. As long as we finish top 4 and peak at the right time, I don't see too many sides worrying us.

Concern for me is the ruck. Jolly getting older, missed games last year. Woods hasn't stepped up the last couple of years and Ceglar is physically not ready. Who backs up Jolly?

Darren Jolly was going at half pace all night, Pendlebury was the most laconic I've ever seen him, Swan was putting in less bursts. Where in the regular season when we got a few goals out they would have stepped up and hauled it back in, tonight they just went "Yeah... nah"

Even with Harry O and Maxwell getting torched by Porplyzia and Calinan, those guys going half pace and the ones you were missing are more than enough of a difference not to really worry.

Non-collingwood supporter, you're a muppet.

I've been a member of this great club since I was 5, 20 years on and I've stuck through the hard times and great times.

That puts you 20 years behind me mate. I have been a Collingwood member for 40 years.

I have to stress that the performance tonight was real.

If you can't see that, you are blind.

We are not comparing ourselves to Adelaide either. We should be comparing ourselves to Hawthorn and Geelong who are 20 goal better sides than Adelaide.

It was against the GC FFS, I was at the game....big deal. :eek:

Chill the **** out. This is exactly what we expected. Did yous ee our forward line when we were getting blown away? Ceglar, Paine, Mooney, Ugle, Sinclair and a resting mid.

Did you see our backline? Hartley, Maxwell, Harry, Yagmoor, Keeffe, Rounds, Sidebottom.

Did you see our midfield? Jolly, Swan, Young, Pendlebury, Clarke, Williams, Buckley.

We did exactly what we all predicted. Start well, on par til half time then fall away when the young guys got tired and we subbed off some solid players.

You play the way you train.

We will see Round 1 v Hawthorn who are looking for revenge.

All the players coming back like Tarrant et all will be underdone.

So time will tell.

That would be an acceptable answer if it were true.

Maxwell, O'Brien, Reid, Buckley. That's 4 out of 6 that are senior players, and it's actually those 4 worrying me the most.

Across the whole field in fact. Which is why I said hopefully it's just the seniors being in CBF mode, because the kids actually look good.

Seedsman will be a GUN.

Buckley may have AFL exp but due to his errant kicking and poor decisions can get hurt, Maxwell is not great deep 1v1 and got burnt.

Reid the only one structurely there with O'brien playing his 1st game back so was going to be rusty.

Shaw Tarrant Toovey
O'brien Reid Clarke
Maxwell

vs

Buckley Keefe O'brien
Clarke Reid Maxwell

That puts you 20 years behind me mate. I have been a Collingwood member for 40 years.

I have to stress that the performance tonight was real.

If you can't see that, you are blind.

Not blind, just understanding that not everything that happens in all games of footy should be taken so seriously. Last year when the cats hammered us in the last round I had a terrible feeling, different scenarios call for different emotional responses......;)

Darren Jolly was going at half pace all night, Pendlebury was the most laconic I've ever seen him, Swan was putting in less bursts. Where in the regular season when we got a few goals out they would have stepped up and hauled it back in, tonight they just went "Yeah... nah"

Even with Harry O and Maxwell getting torched by Porplyzia and Calinan, those guys going half pace and the ones you were missing are more than enough of a difference not to really worry.

Shh you, no room for the truth on this board tonight.:p

It was what it was, one side going close to flat out versus a side with half their players, and even those half didn't really give a s**t.

Enjoy next week, I hope you win, no matter who you're playing, no ill feelings towards your mob at all.:)

Not blind, just understanding that not everything that happens in all games of footy should be taken so seriously. Last year when the cats hammered us in the last round I had a terrible feeling, different scenarios call for different emotional responses......;)

Right lets see. But I feel we are a long way off the pace. Bucks himself would be concerned, at nothing else than the lack of depth.

Maxwell and Harry O have trained since October. Why bother if you are going to turn up and not account for yourself as well as you can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be an acceptable answer if it were true.

Maxwell, O'Brien, Reid, Buckley. That's 4 out of 6 that are senior players, and it's actually those 4 worrying me the most.

Across the whole field in fact. Which is why I said hopefully it's just the seniors being in CBF mode, because the kids actually look good.

Seedsman will be a GUN.

I wouldn't call Buckley a senior player.

I wouldn't have him as my door mat.

I only watched the first quarter and we appeared more switched on, how is it from that point we only kicked three more goals?

Whether people like to admit it or not, this is not a good lead in, absolutely no way is this part of a plan where the switch will just get flicked.

We were competitive up till half time, Adelaide came out after the break and smashed us.

They were playing like it was for real we werent and we did I must admit look all at sea for most the 3rd and 4th q.

Um Geelong played GC :eek:

Right lets see. But I feel we are a long way off the pace. Bucks himself would be concerned, at nothing else than the lack of depth.

Maxwell and Harry O have trained since October. Why bother if you are going to turn up and not account for yourself as well as you can.

They were both putting in 100% just got beaten, both did some good things but got burnt defensively.

I guess Dave overdosed on his angry pills tonight.:)
Signs are not good..........but let's wait for the real stuff before we get too excited over results or structures, individual performances etc.
Keep the faith........;)

Sack Buckley. Take captaincy away from Maxwell. Buttifant has shown he is incapable of getting our list up and about over a pre-season let alone after a game each week etc. etc.

Am I doing it right?

Seriously :rolleyes:

Um Geelong played GC :eek:

Firstly your integrity should try and make you competitive in every game.

Nah I even question the pride of the players.

Because when I played over 200 games of football in my life.

Anytime we got beaten by 13 goals, whether it be a pre-season game or a final..

the coach always questioned our pride in ourselves as footballers and people.

if Bucks is a decent coach, and I think he is, that is what he should be doing in the rooms as we speak.

Hawthorn is only a few weeks away.

It's not the loss, but how we lost that concerns me.
Remember the last game of the home and away.
It did not help us getting beaten by such a high margin.

You're talking about a heavy loss the round before finals against at the time the second best team and comparing it to a NAB cup loss 3 weeks before our season opener?

Your taking the piss right? :confused:

You're talking about a heavy loss the round before finals against at the time the second best team and comparing it to a NAB cup loss 3 weeks before our season opener?

Your taking the piss right? :confused:

See what you think after the Hawthorn game because we are a million to 1 to win that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back