Roast Footy Show

Remove this Banner Ad

Ch9 TFS isn't fit to be a wart on this.....

marngrook_footy_show.jpg

Now you're talking :thumbsu:

Doesn't help that the players they get on the panel are so media trained it'd more realistic watching robots on the panel.

Yep. Sports people have become victims of the "pc" society we live in and the big $$ at stake in sports these days. F1 is by far the worst for it. Nobody is allowed to have any kind of opinion that's even remotely controversial on anything anymore, and those that do pretty much get put through the wringers by our sensationalist media. It's ****ed.

And when they do have opinions it's idiots like Aker who try to be controversial for the sake of it.

Yep. Sports people have become victims of the "pc" society we live in and the big $$ at stake in sports these days. F1 is by far the worst for it. Nobody is allowed to have any kind of opinion that's even remotely controversial on anything anymore, and those that do pretty much get put through the wringers by our sensationalist media. It's ****ed.

Surely your tongue is firmly planted in your cheek HAD or you don't follow F1 at all?

F1 is the biggest ego sport on the planet, and as such quickly lurches from one controversy to the next with pendulum-like precision.

Surely your tongue is firmly planted in your cheek HAD or you don't follow F1 at all?

F1 is the biggest ego sport on the planet, and as such quickly lurches from one controversy to the next with pendulum-like precision.

Eddie Irvine sums it up best here:

Eddie Irvine has waded into the Renault/'Singapore-gate' controversy in his typical irreverent, insouciant manner – suggesting that Formula 1 should be a war in which everyone does 'anything to win' with 'nothing beyond the realms of decency', and lamenting its modern-day transformation into a state of 'boring' political correctness.

Read more at: http://www.crash.net/f1/news/152436/1/irvine_f1_should_be_war_not_political_correctness.html

It is widely regarded as one of the most pc sports in the world since the mid noughties. Several drivers & people involved in F1 have complained about the pc nature of the sport. Sure there are outbursts & incidents from time to time, but they are rare and there is nearly always consequences. Considering the egos involved and the nature of racing F1s, the sport should have a lot more excitement and drama, but it does not, purley because people are scared to step out of line because of the ramifications.

I don't see the relevance myself - something that happened a couple of years ago when Ferrari were trying to hoodwink everyone into thinking that they hadn't broken an unenforceable rule?

It was hardly 'politically correct' in any case.

What of the near open warfare between Vettel and Webber of the last two seasons, particularly 2010?

I don't see the relevance myself - something that happened a couple of years ago when Ferrari were trying to hoodwink everyone into thinking that they hadn't broken an unenforceable rule?

It was hardly 'politically correct' in any case.

What of the near open warfare between Vettel and Webber of the last two seasons, particularly 2010?

I wouldn't call it near open warfare on or off the track tbh. Webber has had to race Vettel hard because he is paid to do so, and also because he has been in title contention the same time as Vettel has. The off track stuff is just Webber throwing a couple of tantrums here and there about being the no.2 driver and Vettel being a better racer. It's all Marks doing off the track and I think he is petulant. It's been blown up a bit by the media as well. I know there was that crash, but it was nothing untoward and it could have happened to any two drivers.

From a purely racing pov, I prefer MotoGP. The sport also has better characters off the track as well.

Perhaps we should move this to the Motor Board....

In anycase - there is a huge amount of controversy in F1, weekly, it's just that the mainstream Australian media isn't interested in it unless it's some garbage article about the cost of the AGP or Bernies billions.

If there was ever a vacancy for a decent motoring journo in Australia.....

Ch9 TFS isn't fit to be a wart on this.....

marngrook_footy_show.jpg

i was waiting for sam to mention marngrook when he was rattling on about how every channel has a footy show except for 7

normally love tfs and everything about it but the show has just become a joke of its former self. that "orgasm face" segment from last night was one of the lowest points in the history of footy media

Holy freakin' crap! I'm glad you mentioned this LMH, I was under the impression that my laughter may have been because I found the show funny. How silly of me :rolleyes:

"To each his own"

Exactly, It is just lighthearted fun and I have it on in the background usually and I enjoy it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

disgusting what sam did making a joke of what was a serious injury ! i actually think Lloyd was slightly uncomfortable with it from what i saw of his reaction not sure if you agree but that was my feeling of it ,
turned it off not long after that saw parts of the brown interview and the impersonations of brown and i say bits cause i was on the net and turned my self off that show when i saw what they did and then turned of the power completely !
i wont be watching it this thursday as i will be in the audience for Marngrook

Has anyone seen the new Eddie Maguire Show or whatever it's called - 8:30pm Sunday Nights on Fox Footy? I think its only been running a week or 2.

I think Cyril is on it soon.

Has anyone seen the new Eddie Maguire Show or whatever it's called - 8:30pm Sunday Nights on Fox Footy? I think its only been running a week or 2.

I think Cyril is on it soon.
I watched the fist show. It really has gotten to the stage now with Eddie Maguire when it is beating a dead horse. The guy since starting the presidential role at the Pies is getting less and less popular on television (ala that sports game show).

As for the Footy Show the Sewell. Everyone here complaining really needs to lighten up a tad. It is a show not meant to be taken seriously and meant to be a bit of a laugh on a Thursday night. You all say you wont watch it and that it will die however it still rates very highly week in, week out.

i thought it poor taste to do that joke sorry saw nothing funny in it at all and i think Lloyd was actually uncomfortable with it going by his reactions if i read them right sorry if you don't agree,
but that is how i saw it,
Sewell could have broken his neck in that incident he is lucky that did not happen i know there are other incidents where that could happen too but i see what Lloyd did as deliberate not an accident and there was no need for him to do what he did

As for the Footy Show the Sewell. Everyone here complaining really needs to lighten up a tad. It is a show not meant to be taken seriously and meant to be a bit of a laugh on a Thursday night. You all say you wont watch it and that it will die however it still rates very highly week in, week out.

The counter argument is that perhaps people should be more discerning instead of accepting anything in the name of light humour.

Each to his own. I just find it unbearable, and that's got nothing to do with being too serious or anything.

The counter argument is that perhaps people should be more discerning instead of accepting anything in the name of light humour.

Each to his own. I just find it unbearable, and that's got nothing to do with being too serious or anything.
Which AFL footballing shows do you prefer?

I've been watching the Eddie Maguire show for the last hour & it hasn't been bad at all.

By the way, Cyril Rioli's performance on the show was worthy of as much applause as anything he has done on the field... What a champion person.

By the way, Cyril Rioli's performance on the show was worthy of as much applause as anything he has done on the field... What a champion person.

Damn, missed it. Rewinding Foxtel now to see if it will go back far enough...

Edit: Saw it and agree with your thoughts Brant. Very much a family man so no wonder he feels right at home with the family club. Interesting to hear him say his cousin, Steven, would have been 10 times the player he is had he been able to stick it out at Scotch College as well. A loss for footy, but completely understandable once you realise just how close Cyril was to leaving as well. Must be an extremely difficult move to make.

Damn, missed it. Rewinding the Foxtel now to see if it will go back far enough...

Worth a look. Is on again at 19:30 Perth time. Not sure if that is 21:30 or 22:30 your time. On following the replay of "After the Bounce".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back