FOXTEL Football Broadcast Thread PART2

Remove this Banner Ad

^ It would be ideal for the AFL to produce the vision, you would think.

Yes, wouldn't it. That way the game could be presented in the best possible light, with no criticism of it's flaws or failings, by the very people who benefit from it's success.

Oh....hang on....

Any of you guys had good experiences bargaining with Foxtel? I'm going to ring up tomorrow and tell them that I'm going to disconnect unless they can offer me something better.

Any of you guys had good experiences bargaining with Foxtel? I'm going to ring up tomorrow and tell them that I'm going to disconnect unless they can offer me something better.

Don't say "unless you offer me something better". Ring them as if you've decided to cancel and stick with that line until they start offering you stuff. If you
say "unless you offer me something better" you just come across as someone trying to get something for free.

When are Fox going to remove the " LIVE in HD " from the 68 other things i'm trying to look at across the top of the screen ??

Yeah is just complete overkill. It's quite obvious it's in HD if your on Fox Footy HD channel with a Fox Footy hosted match..

Yeah is just complete overkill. It's quite obvious it's in HD if your on Fox Footy HD channel with a Fox Footy hosted match..

Yep - but for people just watching the highlights on the news Fox want them all to know it's in HD and it was live on Fox, and that's the reason they do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's still not ok for the banner to say "Live in HD" when Foxtel, and all its viewers, know that it isn't.

I would have really been much happier that Seven's games broadcast on Fox Footy were shown in full HD to be quite honest. The commentators not talking during the ad breaks didn't worry me that much at all.

I agree, the lack of true HD is really annoying. I hope Foxtel keeps it's promise of live HD for every game. Real HD that is.

I was flicking between the actual channel 7 coverage on channel 7 and the Fox Footy transmission, and I could swear that when the adds came up on 7 after a goal that they were actuelly talking on the Fox Footy version. Did anyone else notice this?

I was flicking between the actual channel 7 coverage on channel 7 and the Fox Footy transmission, and I could swear that when the adds came up on 7 after a goal that they were actuelly talking on the Fox Footy version. Did anyone else notice this?
Yep, they've been told they have to I believe.

I agree, the lack of true HD is really annoying. I hope Foxtel keeps it's promise of live HD for every game. Real HD that is.

How do you propose they do that?
If they advertised 5 games in HD and 4 games in upscaled HD would this make everyone happy?

What happened to the whole' graphics on the playing surface to show stats' thing? All they've used it for is to show the score at a centre bounce.
A few more of the new fangled graphics were used in the Melbourne v Brisbane match. Still, been used pretty sparingly by the looks of it.

What happened to the whole' graphics on the playing surface to show stats' thing? All they've used it for is to show the score at a centre bounce.

They also used it to show where shots at goal had been taken from during a game.

Though using a green dot on green grass wasn't the smartest decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back