White

Remove this Banner Ad

If Nathan Foley is the standard, then we'll have about 40 spots on our list to fill at seasons end.[/quote

Sorry RP but you of all people should know exactly what i meant.

If White is not as good as or will become as good as Nathan Foley , What is his position in the team.

He is supposed to be a small mid, Cant be a small defender or a small foward & with the likes of
Delidio,Martin,Foley,Cotchin,Tuck, in the midfield with Ellis & Helbig coming along .

Where is his role, Dont tell me that he will be playing CHF or CHB
At the moment Gun he is a depth player who can play Kings defensive forward role better than any other option, is IMO our best tagging prospect and as unusual as it may sound, may be/is our next best wingman and most possibly small defender.
If King goes down , it's White.
Jackson is finally found out to be no good at tagging, it's White.
Conca gets suspended, injured our is out of form , it's White.
Newman and Morris struggle with form or injury , it's White.

I agree he may not be in our best 22 , but he is mostly likely the first reserve in a number of positions.
His inclusion adds a huge amount of flexibility, should a opposing small mid need tagging or should a small defender or mid goes down.

At the moment Gun he is a depth player who can play Kings defensive forward role better than any other option, is IMO our best tagging prospect and as unusual as it may sound, may be/is our next best wingman and most possibly small defender.
If King goes down , it's White.
Jackson is finally found out to be no good at tagging, it's White.
Conca gets suspended, injured our is out of form , it's White.
Newman and Morris struggle with form or injury , it's White.

I agree he may not be in our best 22 , but he is mostly likely the first reserve in a number of positions.
His inclusion adds a huge amount of flexibility, should a opposing small mid need tagging or should a small defender or mid goes down.

Sorry mate ! its 3:00 am in bangkok at the moment and just got back to the hotel and seen your reply BUT

Sorry to say that he is not any of the players you have mentioned, he is a player that has a great heart with fantastic running ability but he is only a 50 % player in all these positions without actually playing any to afl standard

With another year of a clean out of 6-7 players white if he remains and thats a big if will be about 35-40 area on our list.

My question to you is this what value is he to our team with no upside and his current ability is no where near good enough

...is what the 17 other clubs would all say if we ever put him on the trade table.
Now before I'm smashed for this I just want to say say that I'm not trolling or making up crap deliberately. I heard on the weekend from my brother who works with a close mate (I know it already sounds dodgy) of Matt White who said that he's off to GWS next year. This is the main reason why he hasn't been in the starting 22 yet this year. So the purpose of my post is to see if anyone else has heard of this?

Now before I'm smashed for this I just want to say say that I'm not trolling or making up crap deliberately. I heard on the weekend from my brother who works with a close mate (I know it already sounds dodgy) of Matt White who said that he's off to GWS next year. This is the main reason why he hasn't been in the starting 22 yet this year. So the purpose of my post is to see if anyone else has heard of this?
I haven't heard.
But I do wonder what compo we would get for White?
9th rounder?:D

Quick , Hard at it small, who chases opponents.
Pretty good tools I'd say and it's not as though we have anyone else who has the same collective positive traits available.
Think Jake King with a little less strength and greater speed.
Why White didn't play round 1, 3 and starting again on Sunday, when push-up king wasn't available, has me totally and absolutely stuffed.

I actually don't mind White and he has played some great games for the Tigers. Sure he's not our best player but I think you'll find as our core group improve, players like White and Edwards will find themselves lifting as the opposition will tend to pay them less attention.

Every Premiership team has players like this who give their all regardless of their individual skills.

I understand the angst towards Jackson, I have to close my eyes when he gets the ball. But think we are way to harsh on Newman and Tuck.

I really hope the players don't read these boards as some of the guff that goes on here I wouldn't blame them for looking at GCS or GWS......... We are so prone to eating our own. :(

For better or worse I've always had a soft spot for White. Gives it his all and wont die wondering even if not the most skilful player going around. When he's near it things seem to go up a level in intensity. Has become a pretty reliable kick for goal in recent seasons after a few years of very poor in that area.

:thumbsu:Add me to the list of Matty White fans too.
can't go wrong with a guy who gives his all and bleeds yellow and black.
Good kick for goal and does have an ability to break the game open at times.

:thumbsu:Add me to the list of Matty White fans too.
can't go wrong with a guy who gives his all and bleeds yellow and black.
Good kick for goal and does have an ability to break the game open at times.

Malthouse just giving the Tiges a big tick had this to say about White. “When he came on he gave them life”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quick , Hard at it small, who chases opponents.
Pretty good tools I'd say and it's not as though we have anyone else who has the same collective positive traits available.
Think Jake King with a little less strength and greater speed.
Why White didn't play round 1, 3 and starting again on Sunday, when push-up king wasn't available, has me totally and absolutely stuffed.

oh deary me.
i tell ya what why play them at all if they dont have the traits to make it.
play a bigger player or a mid in their stead just dont persevere with the below vfl standard hacks.

ow wow he chases opponents lets sign him up for another 5 yrs ffs.

i know conca played a fair bit of his footy as a forward lets play him forward. lets play martin 50 / 50 forward / mid.
lets give anyone who has the right attributes to play at this level a go you never they may just be decent.

why oh why do we back in out right hacks who have been there 7 freakin yrs. 7 yrs what is magically going to change with this bloke? please please telll me.
what freakin attributes does he have other than being hard at it and trys real hard that would suggest he is ever going to make it.
open your eyes and you will see there is none.
sheesh this attitude does my head in. when is enough a freakin nough.

oh deary me.
i tell ya what why play them at all if they dont have the traits to make it.
play a bigger player or a mid in their stead just dont persevere with the below vfl standard hacks.

ow wow he chases opponents lets sign him up for another 5 yrs ffs.

i know conca played a fair bit of his footy as a forward lets play him forward. lets play martin 50 / 50 forward / mid.
lets give anyone who has the right attributes to play at this level a go you never they may just be decent.

why oh why do we back in out right hacks who have been there 7 freakin yrs. 7 yrs what is magically going to change with this bloke? please please telll me.
what freakin attributes does he have other than being hard at it and trys real hard that would suggest he is ever going to make it.
open your eyes and you will see there is none.
sheesh this attitude does my head in. when is enough a freakin nough.
I'm all for improving a list Santa , and appreciate ideally he wouldn't be in our best 22 if we were to play in a premiership tommorrow.
However it is impossible to have a full list of players who are clearly in the best 22 of a premiership team or are definately able to in future .
Unless you are the premier and can predict the future premiership side, if you can predict that Santa your powers are beyond what you even proclaim .
We are not premiers and there have been worst players than White on premiership winning clubs lists who have played games during premiership winning seasons.

I'm all for improving a list Santa , and appreciate ideally he wouldn't be in our best 22 if we were to play in a premiership tommorrow.
However it is impossible to have a full list of players who are clearly in the best 22 of a premiership team or are definately able to in future .
Unless you are the premier and can predict the future premiership side, if you can predict that Santa your powers are beyond what you even proclaim .
We are not premiers and there have been worst players than White on premiership winning clubs lists who have played games during premiership winning seasons.

i could improve on white with my eyes closed and by taking a mature player from a minor league. i could potentially improve on white that is a player with better attributes to play at afl level with a late nd or rookie pick. a dud is a dud mate no matter how you wrap him up and try to sell him.

hes not in our best 30 yet alone best 22 and if he is we have even further to go than even i thought.
imply put players with so many deficiencies like white should not be on a list at any club in the comp.

i could improve on white with my eyes closed and by taking a mature player from a minor league. i could potentially improve on white that is a player with better attributes to play at afl level with a late nd or rookie pick. a dud is a dud mate no matter how you wrap him up and try to sell him.

hes not in our best 30 yet alone best 22 and if he is we have even further to go than even i thought.
imply put players with so many deficiencies like white should not be on a list at any club in the comp.
Crap Santa he is easily within our best 22 if you take out 5 smalls far less 8 as you proclaim.
Start naming the mature player from a minor league who is an improvement right now on White for the role he plays within the club ?
You made the statement ol china plate, time to back it up .

I reckon he is in our best 30 claws but since we r trying to win, these types must b used because it will give us a better chance of winning i guess,personally i would prefer to gift youngsters games and stop wasting games on duds.

Cant believe anybody who watches richmond games can actually see whit with all his flaws as being in our best 22 atm.

He has had a good go at it but simply isnt upto afl standard, i dont agree with Santa on many occasions but he is spot on whith white.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH & POINTLESS PLAYING HIM

Cant believe anybody who watches richmond games can actually see whit with all his flaws as being in our best 22 atm.

He has had a good go at it but simply isnt upto afl standard, i dont agree with Santa on many occasions but he is spot on whith white.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH & POINTLESS PLAYING HIM

Definitely not good enough and one of the handful of lucky ones that still find themselves on our list, which in itself is a miracle.

There are better players playing lower levels that would be better players than Matthew White.

How hard is it for this club to get it through their thick skulls that keeping hold of a small midfielder for so long despite not being up to AFL standard is beyond a joke. Easily replaced in terms of list management, yet some how remains on the list.

Players like Matthew White and Daniel Jackson are the reasons why we are a mediocre team and won't take the next step up. As long as we have them in the squad we will be below par.

Definitely not good enough and one of the handful of lucky ones that still find themselves on our list, which in itself is a miracle.

There are better players playing lower levels that would be better players than Matthew White.

How hard is it for this club to get it through their thick skulls that keeping hold of a small midfielder for so long despite not being up to AFL standard is beyond a joke. Easily replaced in terms of list management, yet some how remains on the list.

Players like Matthew White and Daniel Jackson are the reasons why we are a mediocre team and won't take the next step up. As long as we have them in the squad we will be below par.

Can you give us some names of these players ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back