Remove this Banner Ad

Bird Man

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Thought his immediate impact on the game was good. He added another body in the crum for the footy which was great to see.

Defaintly better than maric at the moment and I can see him taking his spot against the eagles.

What do you guys think ?

Send maric to the burgers and bring maby webberly as the sub

horrible footballer whos had 7 yrs. hes in the jackson league. like jackson im gobsmacked he got a contract.
this really is back to the future type stuff.

santa he's stil better than maric atm. we also have little else to choose from. maric isnt getting on the socre board. is getting some pill and running up the gorund a bit but isnt providing enough pressure. needs to learn from nahas.

white willl get a full game next week. defenseive forward that can rotate into the midfield for a short run.

webberly needs a run in the 1's too.

We won't win any premierships with him in our best 25.

He is an honest trier who has probably got the best out of himself, but I wouldn't expect him on the list next year going forward

Was really happy to see him kick a goal. Personally, I think he should have replaced one of Miller or Vickery as we played better running the ball (bringing in another runner, especially in the last quarter might have been influential when the likes of Miller and Jack had to run up into the middle and get involved to try and force the issue).

Granted he is a limited player, he still plays for the jumper and gives his all - hard not to at least respect that :thumbsu:

Maric was bad, but 3 disposals from your sub in almost a half of football is not good enough. Shouldn't be in the team.

Maric was bad, but 3 disposals from your sub in almost a half of football is not good enough. Shouldn't be in the team.

35% not 50%, and coming on in his first hitout for the year in the most hostile and atrocious conditions you can get in footy, what do you expect? 2 votes. Even Bartel said, every game there this year will be nothing more than a scrappy slog. I think White deserves more than a little over a qtr of footy before getting stuck into him.

35% not 50%, and coming on in his first hitout for the year in the most hostile and atrocious conditions you can get in footy, what do you expect? 2 votes. Even Bartel said, every game there this year will be nothing more than a scrappy slog. I think White deserves more than a little over a qtr of footy before getting stuck into him.
+1. stood up when he needed to and kicked that goal. urely thats worth something too from his limited disposals. maric hasnt kicked a goal yet...

The fact that the game was so scrappy should have worked more in his favor. He was the freshest man out there. He kicked one goal from a free kick, and was no where to be seen in the last 10 minutes, the most crucial part of the game. Isn't he suppose to be quick? he was never there when we were trying to break away!!!

Look at Stringer, it was his first game, he had 6 touches, laid 3 tackles, and was in everything late. The fact that it was White's first game of the year is no excuse. He's been playing at Coburg, but is simply not up to AFL standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When he slung that player to the ground after he'd disposed of the ball It optimized his lack of awareness, totally unnecessary action, only Jackson would've done the same thing.

The fact that the game was so scrappy should have worked more in his favor. He was the freshest man out there. He kicked one goal from a free kick, and was no where to be seen in the last 10 minutes, the most crucial part of the game. Isn't he suppose to be quick? he was never there when we were trying to break away!!!

Look at Stringer, it was his first game, he had 6 touches, laid 3 tackles, and was in everything late. The fact that it was White's first game of the year is no excuse. He's been playing at Coburg, but is simply not up to AFL standard.

lol stringer one of those from a minor league surely he cant be any good theres no decent players running around in the minor leagues.

a first game player from such humble beginnings shows hes a better player in one short outing than the 7 yr hack called white.
i keep on saying it is not hard to replace these blokes theres plenty running around other leagues who would be a decent improvement on what we persevere with.

people should ask themselves what do we want from each player type we have.what attributes must they have.for me matt white doesnt tick too many boxes he never has.

Liked him as the sub.

Happy to give him weeks in the side. Like White, actually. He would have been bloody handy in R1 against Yarran

I could live with him as a perma sub. He's quick at any time but coming in when the rest of the players have been going for over an hour really allows him to break things open, he's also not a bad finisher for goal. He's too stupid and poorly skilled to play full games on a consistent basis, he's shown than many times over his years on the list.

I could live with him as a perma sub. He's quick at any time but coming in when the rest of the players have been going for over an hour really allows him to break things open, he's also not a bad finisher for goal. He's too stupid and poorly skilled to play full games on a consistent basis, he's shown than many times over his years on the list.

(re stupid) And you're our very own Rhodes Scholar are you?

(re poorly skilled) Don't even think White sees himself as a superstar, and I could just imagine what would be happening on here if he did some of the howlers that "elite" Reece did yesterday.

Still don't see the angst against him but he was always and will always be the whipping boy. Still prefer him to Jacko or Eddie at this stage .

The White's, Jackson's, Tivendale's of the world are the reason we're still not quite there yet. These blokes will be too good for VFL but not good enough for AFL, and they continue to hold us back.

Our depth is stil sadly lacking, but we all know that.

(re stupid) And you're our very own Rhodes Scholar are you?

(re poorly skilled) Don't even think White sees himself as a superstar, and I could just imagine what would be happening on here if he did some of the howlers that "elite" Reece did yesterday.

Still don't see the angst against him but he was always and will always be the whipping boy. Still prefer him to Jacko or Eddie at this stage .

Close friend of Whites are we?

Don't believe I mentioned anything about my own intelligence. This site has plenty of opinions from people who are not as good at the game as those they are being critical of. If peoples opinions upset you I would suggest this site is not for you. I am overly critical of Daniel Jacksons complete game, yet I know he can still do everything better than me. Does that mean I shouldn't voice my opinion as a paying member of the team which employs these guys? At the end of the day he makes a lot more mistakes than others in an already turnover prone team, I know for a fact I'm in the majority of those that question his football smarts.

Close friend of Whites are we?

There's a few of them about on the internet.

The White's, Jackson's, Tivendale's of the world are the reason we're still not quite there yet. These blokes will be too good for VFL but not good enough for AFL, and they continue to hold us back.

Our depth is stil sadly lacking, but we all know that.

Spot on. The sooner we move on from these types the better. We all do know that, let's hope the coaching staff do too.

Quick , Hard at it small, who chases opponents.
Pretty good tools I'd say and it's not as though we have anyone else who has the same collective positive traits available.
Think Jake King with a little less strength and greater speed.
Why White didn't play round 1, 3 and starting again on Sunday, when push-up king wasn't available, has me totally and absolutely stuffed.

The question should be asked , will mathew wjite become as good as nathan Foley ?

If the answer is NO - Delist

Dont Need to invest another year in a player that after 7 years still struggles to replace 1st year players on the list.

The question should be asked , will mathew wjite become as good as nathan Foley ?

If the answer is NO - Delist

Dont Need to invest another year in a player that after 7 years still struggles to replace 1st year players on the list.
If Nathan Foley is the standard, then we'll have about 40 spots on our list to fill at seasons end.

If Nathan Foley is the standard, then we'll have about 40 spots on our list to fill at seasons end.[/quote

Sorry RP but you of all people should know exactly what i meant.

If White is not as good as or will become as good as Nathan Foley , What is his position in the team.

He is supposed to be a small mid, Cant be a small defender or a small foward & with the likes of
Delidio,Martin,Foley,Cotchin,Tuck, in the midfield with Ellis & Helbig coming along .

Where is his role, Dont tell me that he will be playing CHF or CHB

If Nathan Foley is the standard, then we'll have about 40 spots on our list to fill at seasons end.
The point being though, the bar has been set pretty low at Richmond for a long time, so it's about time the bar gets set a lot higher. IMO, Whitey will never reach the level we need for this club to be a success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back