Anxiety

Remove this Banner Ad

comeonpies

Debutant
May 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey guys. I dont post much but ive been around for a bit. Lately, one of my closest mates has recently started getting anxiety attacks. Over nothing really. Nothing serious that i can see going on in his life atm. I dont know what to do. How can i help him get back to normal and stop worrying so much?

Hey guys. I dont post much but ive been around for a bit. Lately, one of my closest mates has recently started getting anxiety attacks. Over nothing really. Nothing serious that i can see going on in his life atm. I dont know what to do. How can i help him get back to normal and stop worrying so much?

http://www.beyondblue.org.au

1300 22 46 36

Give them a call and have a chat.

One of my best mates had the same problem. He went a saw a doctor about a year ago and the Doc prescribed him anti depressents. It has worked wonders and now he doesn't suffer from anxiety and is doing really well :thumbsu:

Yep all very good advice.

Sounds like he's suffering anxiety with panic disorder.

Start with a trusted GP, failing that Beyond Blue is usually really good.

Antidepressants treat both depression and anxiety - despite their name they work better for anxiety than depression IMHO.

They are usually a huge help. Psychologists can be good but he'll need the meds eg Prozac or one of its analogues as well as the psych advice.

He should do very well, it is very treatable and fixable IF he's in the right hands.

Anxiety is extremely common and can completely **** up your life if you let it.

A joy to fix though :)

Yep all very good advice.

Sounds like he's suffering anxiety with panic disorder.

Start with a trusted GP, failing that Beyond Blue is usually really good.

Antidepressants treat both depression and anxiety - despite their name they work better for anxiety than depression IMHO.

They are usually a huge help. Psychologists can be good but he'll need the meds eg Prozac or one of its analogues as well as the psych advice.

He should do very well, it is very treatable and fixable IF he's in the right hands.

Anxiety is extremely common and can completely **** up your life if you let it.

A joy to fix though :)

Yeah it can screw your Life up without help. I have anxiety ?(Forgot What They Called it) and I find it best when I talk to someone about it and I take Lovan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back