PC Diablo III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've now rolled a female Monk...arowlll... As Funk44 and Hawk88 mentioned she's like some hot Eastern European chick (who stepped off a tennis court). I should have named her "iwanadoherova". Lol.

Have now pretty much button mashed my way through Normal... Really not sure how the monk will handle INF but for now in having bit of fun. I was starting to grow bored of INF running for better gear... Especially with latency issues we face.

Really not sure how much life this game has it for me... Mainly due to the latency issues. Pvp will be unplayable for mind... And INF as it stands won't have much life in it. Blizzards disrespect for Australian gamers is really starting effect my opinion of them as a company... As I've been a huge Blizzard fan since WC2 launch. Seriously considering jumping into SW:TOR MMO on their dedicated Aust servers whilst watching my Wife play with a 30ms latency.

Telstra is a large part of the reason we don't have Aus servers. Until they stop trying to monopolise everything were not going to get anything in Aus.

I have a wiz doing 550 dps loaded with gems etc..... 1200 life level 50
I thought I should be doing more damage than that? Socketed nearly everything I can but if I boost my damage my life drops and I die easy grrrr.
Should I be doing more damage? Also i am using desint as my main weapon.
advice or comments please.

I have a wiz doing 550 dps loaded with gems etc..... 1200 life level 50
I thought I should be doing more damage than that? Socketed nearly everything I can but if I boost my damage my life drops and I die easy grrrr.
Should I be doing more damage? Also i am using desint as my main weapon.
advice or comments please.
Dps isn't all about stacking your main stat.

Can't really comment on wizards as I only have a level 25 one but on my DH the following are stats which can increase my dps: crit chance, crit DMg, dexterity, attack speed, +DMg, DoT procs, weapon DMg.

Check out a site like Diablo fans for a detailed breakdown of how to increase your dps.

I have no idea how to lower my latency. It is so high that it's unplayable. :'(
How high? Sometimes it's just a matter of logging out and in a few times until You get a stable server. Or it may be due to peak play times.

Ranges from 900 to 2600.
Does seem unusually high. As I said try logging in and out a few times see if You get a better server. Also try logging in during an off peak play time if you can, see if that affects it.

Your connection may be routing through a loooong relay (on wow mine used to go via Asia and it pumped my ping up). Program's such as lowerping address these issues.

You can count on your latency spiking if your doing the following things:
Using upload slots: Bittorrent
Using multiple connections: Bittorrent, Flashget

another thing that lagged me to no end is another person doing video chats on your LAN.

Played siegebreaker on inferno as WD and the armor repair is too painful, get one shot by white mobs and the fireballs from those gargoyles deal 70k so resistance + armor aint helping. Looks like ill be farming butcher for awhile yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can count on your latency spiking if your doing the following things:
Using upload slots: Bittorrent
Using multiple connections: Bittorrent, Flashget

another thing that lagged me to no end is another person doing video chats on your LAN.

Played siegebreaker on inferno as WD and the armor repair is too painful, get one shot by white mobs and the fireballs from those gargoyles deal 70k so resistance + armor aint helping. Looks like ill be farming butcher for awhile yet.

Mob damage is being adjusted for act 2 3 4 inferno in the next patch. Interesting blue post (blizz rep) viewable at Diablo fans. They realise ranged can't get enough resistance to even be worth using it so they want to try and remove glass cannon domination in builds by making survivability more desirable.

This will also bring melee more in line due to them being able to take more hits.

Mob damage is being adjusted for act 2 3 4 inferno in the next patch. Interesting blue post (blizz rep) viewable at Diablo fans. They realise ranged can't get enough resistance to even be worth using it so they want to try and remove glass cannon domination in builds by making survivability more desirable.

This will also bring melee more in line due to them being able to take more hits.
yep they are also buffing drop rates significantly and ilvl that previously werent dropping on ACT 1 has been increased to 2% IIRC.

yep they are also buffing drop rates significantly and ilvl that previously werent dropping on ACT 1 has been increased to 2% IIRC.
They're not technically upping drop rates, they're balancing.

Only 1 guaranteed rare from bosses with 5stacks of NV. However you're now guaranteed a rare off elite/champ packs when you have 5stacks. This means you don't have to just do boss runs for gear; it opens up your play options more.

Ilevel 63 gear (act 3-4 inferno gear) will now drop in acts one and two (small chance) which will help remove the reliance on the auction house to progress as you can get decent gear at lower levels of play. Just at a much reduced chance.

For those that missed it. The game was hot fixed and mob attacks no longer scale based on number of group members. This makes grouping far more viable in an already overly gear dependent game.

Cleared Act 2 Inferno, which was quite easy outside a few champion mobs. Figured Belial out after 3-4 tries since you can read what attacks he will do and not get hit at all.

Heard Act 3 is where the hard stuff begins, will finish that act tomorrow.

130k dps 40k hp Demon Hunter btw.

Cleared Act 2 Inferno, which was quite easy outside a few champion mobs. Figured Belial out after 3-4 tries since you can read what attacks he will do and not get hit at all.

Heard Act 3 is where the hard stuff begins, will finish that act tomorrow.

130k dps 40k hp Demon Hunter btw.

Yep you've out geared act 2 by a fair margin (60k dps and 10k hp) that's why it was so easy. Wouldn't mind seeing a breakdown of your itemisation if you get the time?

2ypepex.png

Any idea what this is worth? I saw some gear for ridiculous prices when I tried to compare it on the auction house.

Yep you've out geared act 2 by a fair margin (60k dps and 10k hp) that's why it was so easy. Wouldn't mind seeing a breakdown of your itemisation if you get the time?

Sure.
2cpb1tu.png

Would like to find Lacuni's with some Dexterity (Lacuni's are the best Bracers for a Demon Hunter) but they are ridiculously expensive (goes for 8M+ for those with 60+ Dex, 7% movement and 12% attack speed). Would also like gloves that can give me 15% attack speed and Dex but found the one I'm using at the Auction House for 50k.

Sure.
2cpb1tu.png

Would like to find Lacuni's with some Dexterity (Lacuni's are the best Bracers for a Demon Hunter) but they are ridiculously expensive (goes for 8M+ for those with 60+ Dex, 7% movement and 12% attack speed). Would also like gloves that can give me 15% attack speed and Dex but found the one I'm using at the Auction House for 50k.

Nice! did you find alot of it on the AH or have you just been really lucky with drops? Ive had terrible luck on drops so relying heavily on AH atm, and house sitting I havent had much time to play lately so im falling behind a bit gearwise.

This may seem a silly question, but does anyone know what the Auction House search option is for the + damage prefix (+10-12 damage for example). I swear I've gone through the entire list and cant seem to find t.

This may seem a silly question, but does anyone know what the Auction House search option is for the + damage prefix (+10-12 damage for example). I swear I've gone through the entire list and cant seem to find t.

Max damage?

Theres a fair few things missing from the list

First 10 hours has been enjoyable so far. And quite addictive as well.
Graphics is almost similar to WOW though.

In saying so, the auction house is fun, just like the one in WOW.

Does anybody have any good tips in making good decent amount of gold in the auction house? I've been hunting for cheap yellow items and buying them and flogging them off again for an additional 25 - 50%. Not sure if that is an efficient way of making money though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back