Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Just reported that we (the Tiges) are right into one of GWS' top 10 draft picks from last year draft... Who could it be? I Hope it's Tyson. What are the chances of it happening?

You would have to think an experienced ruck will have to be included in the deal from the Tigers or a 3rd party if involved. (assuming Giles leaves).

You would have to think an experienced ruck will have to be included in the deal from the Tigers or a 3rd party if involved. (assuming Giles leaves).
Angus Graham:thumbsu::p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While Tyson has played limited games he is still every bit worth a top 5 selection and will still develop into an excellent player and Richmond are right identifying him as a worthwhile talent.

Richmond might have to manufacture a trade for Melbourne's pick 4 with an established player if they want any shot at Tyson. In Richmond's situation to do this I'd be looking to move Vickery (hoping Melbourne view him as a key forward) along with pick 9 and likely some later draft pick upgrades to move Melbourne up some more selections later in the draft to make it a more equitable trade.

Pick 9 might net Melbourne Josh Caddy getting Melbourne Caddy + Vickery for pick 4 which I expect with Neeld voicing an interest in adding established players would be an intriguing possibility.

While Tyson has played limited games he is still every bit worth a top 5 selection and will still develop into an excellent player and Richmond are right identifying him as a worthwhile talent.

Richmond might have to manufacture a trade for Melbourne's pick 4 with an established player if they want any shot at Tyson. In Richmond's situation to do this I'd be looking to move Vickery (hoping Melbourne view him as a key forward) along with pick 9 and likely some later draft pick upgrades to move Melbourne up some more selections later in the draft to make it a more equitable trade.

Pick 9 might net Melbourne Josh Caddy getting Melbourne Caddy + Vickery for pick 4 which I expect with Neeld voicing an interest in adding established players would be an intriguing possibility.
wont happen because you cannot trade a compensation pick once it is activated. The highest pick they can trade for is pick 5 from the bulldogs.

What are your thoughts on Tyson as a player? Didn't see much of him this year obviously and was a sub a lot of the time. Is he worth throwing the kitchen sink at?

For somebody who says they put a higher worth on KPP players this is a strage suggestion for a midfielder. I can asure you Vickery will not be traded by Richmond very highly regarded

Obviously pick 9 would have to go along with an established player. Maybe a Nahas with GWS second pick coming back to us. With mini draft picks and if they trade with us giving them 4 top 10 picks again this year.

For somebody who says they put a higher worth on KPP players this is a strage suggestion for a midfielder. I can asure you Vickery will not be traded by Richmond very highly regarded

Obviously pick 9 would have to go along with an established player. Maybe a Nahas with GWS second pick coming back to us. With mini draft picks and if they trade with us giving them 4 top 10 picks again this year.

Tyson (2011 pick 3) and pick 24 for pick 9 and Nahas?

Your offer is 9 and Naha's

and you want change? lol

The issue is going to be trading suitable players to GWS, who actually want to go there. I was gutted when Bradshaw & Rischa were paraded, to their annoyance, around Carlton for a day. You couldn't see a Nahas or Vickery wanting to go to GWS.

What are your thoughts on Tyson as a player? Didn't see much of him this year obviously and was a sub a lot of the time. Is he worth throwing the kitchen sink at?

I'm not Richmond and this is Richmond's decision. They have great number crunchers who do their homework and have done their moneyball calculations and the answer from Richmond seems to be yes. And I tend to agree with them.

Tyson this year has really been underutilised mostly as a sub but he is capable of 30-35 disposals per game. Absolute elite runner. Can play inside and outside and uses it very well. Real no fuss guy who just gets it done and has all the smarts to be an outstanding player for a long time.

Dom Tyson makes Richmond a top 8 side. I'd be throwing the kitchen sink to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back