Resource Noober's Player Videos for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I used to cut out two players from the same game at the one time, and then after the first edit I'd split them out into their own videos. It is quicker by a little. But the problem is brain power. If I'm watching for one guy, I let the game blur past on 4x speed and can pick their moments up almost on instinct. If its more than one, I have to really concentrate or I start to miss things, and then I get fatigued much faster.

My current schedule fits into my routine pretty well. I'm a mature age student, I went from working 40+ hour weeks and then I was back at university and had all this free time. So I get to do a video in the morning, head off to class, then get back after lunch and do another one... sometimes I'll do a third in the evening.
Ahhh...ok....I never thought about speeding up the video.

"Moares", "Morares", "Morez"... it doesnt matter what the commentators call him, Christian Moraes is one of the top prospects in this year's draft.

He had a strange game here. Starting on a wing and getting a bit lost in the first quarter, a move on ball in the second sparked him into life and he racked up 10 touches in the quarter. He game ended prematurely in the third quarter when he was crunched in a marking contest and looked to have copped a knee in the ribs.

Tobie Travaglia please Noobs.

Of the AFL Academy side this year, him and Luke Trainor are my top 2.
Guys I still have on my list to do from this game:

Travaglia
Gross
Langford
Welsh
O'Farrell
Marshall

If anyone has any others they want to add then let me know. Its going to be a slow weekend with not much happening in the Talent League and the next Academy game another week away.

Its difficult for key forwards to shine in these games given the lack of prep time to set up structures etc, but Tyler presented well all game and took some nice grabs for his team.

His stats may not pop off the page, but Langford was one of the Academy's best in this game. He competed well in the air and his possessions were assertive and damaging. He had one quarter in the middle in the third and his physicality played a key role in helping his team gain ascendancy in that period.

Hi Noober - when you have some time, could I please request videos for Cochran, Chamberlain, and Carmichael from the Swans Academy? Thanks!
Hi mate... here's the thing.

I'll be brutally honest. I'm balancing trying to cover a broad swath of the draft pool with making videos that have a larger appeal and will attract more views. I do want to do both things, and I'm not against making videos for guys that are more fringe, but I havent really heard anything about these three apart from that they're a part of the swans academy. I would just be concerned that I would be putting in the hours to produce videos that nobody outside of a small contingent of Swans fanatics would be interested to watch.

If you had to pick one out of the three which would it be?

Hi mate... here's the thing.

I'll be brutally honest. I'm balancing trying to cover a broad swath of the draft pool with making videos that have a larger appeal and will attract more views. I do want to do both things, and I'm not against making videos for guys that are more fringe, but I havent really heard anything about these three apart from that they're a part of the swans academy. I would just be concerned that I would be putting in the hours to produce videos that nobody outside of a small contingent of Swans fanatics would be interested to watch.

If you had to pick one out of the three which would it be?
No dramas, totally understand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey noober,
A particularly selfish one with no urgency, but a Josaia Delana video (#11 for GWS Academy) video would be much appreciated at some stage =)

Come back to thread dom please.

Thank you.

Gross put in a typically industrious performance for the Academy, working hard defensively and finding plenty of the footy going forward.

You just never know mate noobermensch. Maybe there is something to be said for getting a player into the mainstream with your videos. If you spot one.

Last edited:
You just never know mate noobermensch. Maybe there is something to be said for getting a player into the mainstream with your videos. If you spot one.
I hear what you're saying. I think about this stuff a lot these days, and this is my general sense of it:

I think I have a small portion of my audience that are draft enthusiasts. They knew who all the "known" talents up the top end were before the season even started. They post on this board reading the gurus and they listen to podcasts. They'll watch videos of the big names because they consume everything related to the draft, and they'll watch the fringe guys because they want to find the next bolter.

But I think the vast majority of the audience are casuals from teams down the bottom of the ladder. They end the weekend depressed after their team has laid another egg, and the draft represents hope. They're only really interested in the top end, the kids that might be their salvation.

Last season, the view counts were like a hockey stick based on draft expectations. The Harley videos represented nearly 50% of all the views I had on the channel, and I didnt make any more videos for him than I did for the other top guys. The next group below him of Watson, McKercher, Sanders, Curtin etc were still orders of magnitude more than the fringe players.

The way youtube works is, the more views your videos get and the more each video gets clicked on when the algorithm suggests it to a viewer at the home screen or whatever, the more it gets prioritised, and the more your channel gets pushed in the algorithm. So if I wanted to purely maximise views and channel growth then I'd probably be best to stick to making videos on the big names only.

I'm not interested in just doing that because for me this is a hobby first and above everything else. I enjoy casting a pretty broad net over the draft field.

Anyway, just an evening ramble to bore you all ;)

I hear what you're saying. I think about this stuff a lot these days, and this is my general sense of it:

I think I have a small portion of my audience that are draft enthusiasts. They knew who all the "known" talents up the top end were before the season even started. They post on this board reading the gurus and they listen to podcasts. They'll watch videos of the big names because they consume everything related to the draft, and they'll watch the fringe guys because they want to find the next bolter.

But I think the vast majority of the audience are casuals from teams down the bottom of the ladder. They end the weekend depressed after their team has laid another egg, and the draft represents hope. They're only really interested in the top end, the kids that might be their salvation.

Last season, the view counts were like a hockey stick based on draft expectations. The Harley videos represented nearly 50% of all the views I had on the channel, and I didnt make any more videos for him than I did for the other top guys. The next group below him of Watson, McKercher, Sanders, Curtin etc were still orders of magnitude more than the fringe players.

The way youtube works is, the more views your videos get and the more each video gets clicked on when the algorithm suggests it to a viewer at the home screen or whatever, the more it gets prioritised, and the more your channel gets pushed in the algorithm. So if I wanted to purely maximise views and channel growth then I'd probably be best to stick to making videos on the big names only.

I'm not interested in just doing that because for me this is a hobby first and above everything else. I enjoy casting a pretty broad net over the draft field.

Anyway, just an evening ramble to bore you all ;)
You're doing good work mate.

It seems that Jack Hutchinson has been generating mid season draft buzz since before the season even began. Hutchinson is a mid sized lead up forward with excellent athletic traits, strong overhead and below his knees. He also has the ability to pull of the spectacular at times.

Another excellent Colts performance from Kayle Gerreyn. He dominated his opponents in the ruck all day providing hit outs to advantage his teammates or often just grabbing the ball and driving it forwards himself. He even showed some of his potential as a key forward, chipping in with two goals.

Filling in some of the back catalogue.

Trainor had a fantastic opening game to the Talent League season and put all draft watchers on notice. His kicking skills were a particular feature here, direct, attacking and precise.

Hotton's first game of the season was a sign of things to come. His competitiveness and excellent athletic attributes were on display here, the only thing that let him down was his accuracy in front of goal.

Another strong performance from Josh Smillie for the AFL Academy. He played the majority of the game forward or back showing his versatility as a prospect and he was one of few Academy players able to match Footscray for physicality. The only thing to criticize would be his occasional kicking struggles, though his disposal was fine for the most part.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back