Betting restrictions and limits for constant winners?

Remove this Banner Ad

BallerO

Senior List
Aug 3, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
So i recently got told by someone that online betting sites are likely to limit someones account and in some cases close it without payout if they are consistently winning?

Is this true? Has it happened to anyone? If so, is it for people betting in the thousands?

No to the close without payout part. Never happened. Unless you count Sports Alive ;)

No to the close without payout part. Never happened. Unless you count Sports Alive ;)

Yeah - sorry about that - never seen a close without payout - thought you just meant being restricted.

Is it more to do with the winning/loosing ratio or the amount you win?

They're also not going to limit you if you're clearly just a fish on a heater either.

They'll know by the patterns of your bets whether you're a fish that just happens to be winning or someone they don't want to bet with.

What markets are you crushing?

They're also not going to limit you if you're clearly just a fish on a heater either.

They'll know by the patterns of your bets whether you're a fish that just happens to be winning or someone they don't want to bet with.

What markets are you crushing?

If you mean what sports, mostly i plan to bet on the AFL and Tennis, which are the sports i watch the most.

I've tried soccer and NFL, but ended up at 0 because of them.

they aren't going to limit you if you go 10-0 and win $5

http://www.news.com.au/national/win...e-sports-bookies/story-fndo4eg9-1226501529148

'Today, internet betting forums are awash with irate small punters whose accounts have been closed. It’s as though anyone with even the faintest propensity to be a successful punter has be weeded out and weeded out quickly.
“I’ve heard of people who bet 20, 30 bucks at a time who have had their accounts closed,” our insider says.'

If you mean what sports, mostly i plan to bet on the AFL and Tennis, which are the sports i watch the most.

I've tried soccer and NFL, but ended up at 0 because of them.

Use betfair (exchange so no possibly of getting limited) or pinnacle for tennis and you won't have to worry about anything.

AFL should be fine too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Use betfair (exchange so no possibly of getting limited) or pinnacle for tennis and you won't have to worry about anything.

AFL should be fine too.

Not true, I placed a $30 stake at offered odds and my stake was more than halved, didn't even see if i would accept the less stake amount. That's a form of limiting i would say. Can't always get the amount down you want at betfair, it was a tennis match too.

Not true, I placed a $30 stake at offered odds and my stake was more than halved, didn't even see if i would accept the less stake amount.
at pinny or betfair?

if pinny then it clearly states what the max bet at those odds are, you can also put through as many bets as you like they just might change the odds after each bet

if betfair then it's fairly clearly an exchange and reliant on someone else matching your bet, this isn't "limiting" this is you asking for odds greater than what the market will bear

at pinny or betfair?

if pinny then it clearly states what the max bet at those odds are, you can also put through as many bets as you like they just might change the odds after each bet

if betfair then it's fairly clearly an exchange and reliant on someone else matching your bet, this isn't "limiting" this is you asking for odds greater than what the market will bear

it was betfair, and i didn't request higher odds, it was the instant match odds given. But really, if you put in your stake amount and it's reduced automatically by them, they should see if you want to accept at that stake amount first, maybe i'm too logical.

If you are talking about the betfair exchange then I'm not sure you understand how it works. Betfair don't limit at all in the exchange

You're not seeing it logically. The odds given are matched straight away, they were the odds I was taking. My small $30 was reduced, in a logical way, i got limited. So to assume you're always going to get what bet amount down you want at betfair all the time is not true.

You're not seeing it logically. The odds given are matched straight away, they were the odds I was taking. My small $30 was reduced, in a logical way, i got limited. So to assume you're always going to get what bet amount down you want at betfair all the time is not true.

Logic isn't involved here.

Betfair is an exchange, which means that at the given odds, an amount is available to backed or layed.

If you choose to try and back for more than is available at the given odds, your bet will stay there until someone agrees to lay it at that price.

There's no limiting involved, whatsoever.

Betfair isn't limiting you, they don't care whether you win or lose, they rake either way
The supply side of their market at the particular price you wanted was and you can see how much is available prior to placing your bets. The odds are dynamic.

They weren't scared of your picks. Solid logic though.

betfair do care if you win, and it's called the "premium charge"
once you have 20% constantly taken away from your profit on a weekly basis you feel worse :(

betfair do care if you win, and it's called the "premium charge"
once you have 20% constantly taken away from your profit on a weekly basis you feel worse :(

I'm on my phone so can't really do too much research but can you explain this charge?

I've had a betfair account for years, I don't put in much volume but my account is in a pretty deep profit and I've never been charged more than the standard commission.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back