Radiohead tour

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah if I had've known that they would play that song live in Melbourne, I would have considered flying down just to hear Thom sing that song live.

My life would feel complete.

btw - I hope for your sake you don't like Pablo Honey ;)

Ha ha. Funnily enough I don't. Maybe they won't hate me as much now.

pyramid song was the highlight for me; gee that tune makes the rest of their catalogue sound second rate. 15 step, reckoner and there there were fantastic as well. idioteque was interesting too; i liked it. staircase was a cool new tune.

most of the tkol tunes have much better arrangements live (bloom, feral and morning mr magpie in particular) than on the album itself. still a dud album.

they played a few songs i don't really like and plodded along a bit. songs i do like such as myxomatosis (drums way too far back in the mix) and climbing up the walls (didn't like thoms vocals; solo was cool though) weren't very good live.

never seen a higher % of guys too self conscious to take a slash at the urinal.

loved thom's (i assume) pre-gig music choices. zomby ftw:

they played a few songs i don't really like and plodded along a bit. songs i do like such as myxomatosis (drums way too far back in the mix) and climbing up the walls (didn't like thoms vocals; solo was cool though) weren't very good live.

:O Climbing Up the Walls blew my mate's and I's minds. Probably my favourite song of the night, it was so eery.

never seen a higher % of guys too self conscious to take a slash at the urinal.

Hahaha this is so true though

loved thom's (i assume) pre-gig music choices

And this

what are you talking about?
Thom Yorke DJ'd in Sydney. He quite often does random gigs where it's not really publicised. The one in Sydney was just rumoured, and the line was immense. I had a guess that he might do one in Melbourne at the Corner Hotel in Richmond. You know, because it's kind of close to Rod Laver. Is that too hard to comprehend, mate?

Thom Yorke DJ'd in Sydney. He quite often does random gigs where it's not really publicised. The one in Sydney was just rumoured, and the line was immense. I had a guess that he might do one in Melbourne at the Corner Hotel in Richmond. You know, because it's kind of close to Rod Laver. Is that too hard to comprehend, mate?

Was just looking for some supporting information, which you've provided, thanks.

I am so jealous of you Vic based Radiohead songs. Things I'd do to hear that song performed live by Radiohead themselves!
Jesus, it's not like they played the On A Friday EP and then walked off in Brisbane. Didn't you guys get The National Anthem? Don't complain.

Jesus, it's not like they played the On A Friday EP and then walked off in Brisbane. Didn't you guys get The National Anthem? Don't complain.

He wanted to hear a song, stop being such a pretentious f*ckwit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People shouldn't go to a Radiohead show and expect Karma Police, High and Dry, Fake Plastic Trees, and Creep. That is not the band they are. Complaining about it is pointless.

Telling people what they should expect from a Radiohead gig makes you look like a tool, I was there last night they covered a high variety of albums. Stop trying to act like you "understand" the band. You are a nobody. A nobody who thinks he understands how bands think by reading magazines and watching youtube interviews. You are the worst kind of fan.

Get over yourself, you giant, giant douche.

Amazing show.
Thankful I got tickets on Thursday, seemed not many people knew about the extra tickets that went on sale.

Telling people what they should expect from a Radiohead gig makes you look like a tool, I was there last night they covered a high variety of albums. Stop trying to act like you "understand" the band. You are a nobody. A nobody who thinks he understands how bands think by reading magazines and watching youtube interviews. You are the worst kind of fan.

Get over yourself, you giant, giant douche.
I don't understand them. I am a nobody. And getting upset over someone you acknowledge as a nobody is futile. Don't upset yourself.

What's wrong with telling people what to expect? If you take a quick, two minute glance on setlist.fm, you'll see the kind of show they play. What's douchey about realising it's not all about the hits? Go see Coldplay if you want to see big, soaring, pop songs.

ps this shudda been the album they made!!! hey where the guitars thom???
tumblr_m5vjeqTnDU1qz5yzjo1_500.gif

Silent Alarm, your posts in this thread have been cringeworthy. I was glad that there weren't many people like you around last night. Where I was standing, everyone was really friendly. We were all grateful to be sharing an amazing experience. You, on the other hand, seem desperate to convince everyone that you're a bigger Radiohead fan than they are. And yet a quick glance over the last few pages of this thread reveals that you scalped your only ticket (am I right to assume that you sold it well above cost price?). Some fan.

I don't understand them. I am a nobody. And getting upset over someone you acknowledge as a nobody is futile. Don't upset yourself.

What's wrong with telling people what to expect? If you take a quick, two minute glance on setlist.fm, you'll see the kind of show they play. What's douchey about realising it's not all about the hits? Go see Coldplay if you want to see big, soaring, pop songs.

ps this shudda been the album they made!!! hey where the guitars thom???
tumblr_m5vjeqTnDU1qz5yzjo1_500.gif

Poster says he wished they played KP in Brisbane, you tell him not to expect them to play KP anymore. Radiohead play KP in Melbourne.

How's that setlist website working out for you?

Silent Alarm, your posts in this thread have been cringeworthy. I was glad that there weren't many people like you around last night. Where I was standing, everyone was really friendly. We were all grateful to be sharing an amazing experience. You, on the other hand, seem desperate to convince everyone that you're a bigger Radiohead fan than they are. And yet a quick glance over the last few pages of this thread reveals that you scalped your only ticket (am I right to assume that you sold it well above cost price?). Some fan.

There are 2 types of Radiohead fans, the type that enjoy their music and the type that tell others to enjoy their music. Silent Alarm falls under category two. These are the Radiohead fans people despise. The crowd last night was fantastic, very much category 1 types.

I pity people that get stuck next to SA at a gig.

I was basically telling him that they don't play it on a consistent basis. Once every three or four shows isn't a guarantee. Why are you getting so worked up, man? Why so defensive? Relaaaaaax.

I sold it for $140. That covered the price, the booking fee, and the postage to the guy. Well above? Barely. I didn't want to be a douche about it.

Karma Police isn't their best song. There's a reason Radiohead stopped playing Creep in 1998. Pricks going to see them for one song and coming home disappointed because they didn't play it. They have never been a band to parade singles or to be a typical pop band. It's like lamenting the lack of guitars in their newest stuff... like... shouldn't you expect it? Why get annoyed about it when they're not going to change.

It's like someone going to the Atoms for Peace shows and being disappointed that they didn't play a Radiohead song.

I was basically telling him that they don't play it on a consistent basis. Once every three or four shows isn't a guarantee. Why are you getting so worked up, man? Why so defensive? Relaaaaaax.

Wait...bands don't play the same setlist on a consistent basis?

Holy s**t, you're a visionary.

I sold it for $140. That covered the price, the booking fee, and the postage to the guy. Well above? Barely. I didn't want to be a douche about it.

Karma Police isn't their best song. There's a reason Radiohead stopped playing Creep in 1998. Pricks going to see them for one song and coming home disappointed because they didn't play it. They have never been a band to parade singles or to be a typical pop band. It's like lamenting the lack of guitars in their newest stuff... like... shouldn't you expect it? Why get annoyed about it when they're not going to change.

It's like someone going to the Atoms for Peace shows and being disappointed that they didn't play a Radiohead song.
Just... stop

Karma Police isn't their best song.

Thank you for proving my point you fall under category two. Bands don't have "best songs" they have a variety of songs that some people like more than others. This is what's great about music that pretentious hipster shits such as yourself fail to understand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back