Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Well its in the paper this morning. Must be lots of cash up at the TCA:p.
I see Ben Brown is off to Werribee from Glenorchy. It really shows how poor the TSL has become despite what AFLTas might say. We really are at rock bottom here. We cant keep our bestyoung players, we cant recruit any mainland good players like we use to see, We are now in a play off to get into the foxtel cup. We have to pay millions to get a few 2nd rate AFL games. Wheer is it all headed?

Just saw this in the paper! Brown was always going to go, he certainly has the ability to get a rookie deal at the end of the season, so i reckon he has done the right thing going to a bigger club, but yeah tassie footy is really struggling, i honestly preferred the way with the old regional and premier league for the SFL then the comps up north, just seems more people got out to these games then the new TSL, then again Scott Wade knows very little about what is best for the state and where it is going with its football!

Well, once again on the coast thre has been some movement. It seems to be the general way around here. Jamie Diennio was pretty solid against mty mob last year. But then again, My Magpies could have let an average player look good I suppose.

Who would be the best players in the TSL? Who would be the trickiest matchup for other clubs and who would be the one player from each club that is most dangerous?

I am chasing a bit of information on a lad we are talking to up in qld and would appreciate any word about him. I am not 100% he played in this league but anyway! Matt Allford? Again not sure on the spelling ?
Cheers

I am chasing a bit of information on a lad we are talking to up in qld and would appreciate any word about him. I am not 100% he played in this league but anyway! Matt Allford? Again not sure on the spelling ?
Cheers
Na Alford never played statewide, he doesnt have the commitment for that sort of level. Alford is a full forward, who drops hes head when things dont go away, an ok player when things are going his way. probably good for half a dozen games a year.Likes to chase the coin, but is vastly over-rated, if rated at all

Northern recruit news that ive heard -south- in brown rocherlea, bardenhagen and parker lilydale - losses johncock southport and muzica vfl.
North-in young & whitford returning + basketballer witt. Losses not sure wager?.
Launceston-rundle, edwards, c savage, b savage, bellinger returning. Payne knee and bresner rocherlea.losses lonergan, thurlow afl, derbyshire finch retired, groenewegen and sinclair ntfa.

Northern recruit news that ive heard -south- in brown rocherlea, bardenhagen and parker lilydale - losses johncock southport and muzica vfl.
North-in young & whitford returning + basketballer witt. Losses not sure wager?.
Launceston-rundle, edwards, c savage, b savage, bellinger returning. Payne knee and bresner rocherlea.losses lonergan, thurlow afl, derbyshire finch retired, groenewegen and sinclair ntfa.
why on earth would groenewegen go to the NTFA? coin??

why on earth would groenewegen go to the NTFA? coin??

Because he is s**t!!! Did anyone see the burnie games during the year and the finals???? Laycock dominated because this guy is petrified!

Young back for North? that should really make a difference... not. Didnt North have 13 at training a few weeks ago? Surely there is many, many more to leave- however none of them would be worth naming. North will challenge Hobart for the spoon this year! Magpies on the rise... even if only marginally!!:)

From the Mercury

No tests, no idea
THERE was zero drug testing of TSL players last year with AFL Tasmania admitting it has "no idea" if state league footballers are on illegal supplements.

Scott Wade. No idea. I'm shocked to see some honesty coming from AFL Tasmania.
The same words apply to pretty much anything AFL Tas touch I would have thought, no idea. (To be fair, maybe mixed with the occasional bad idea.)

I would hope that AFL TAS took preformance enhancing drugs.....
Cause there preformance in running a competition isnt working, way as well try something!!

Because he is s**t!!! Did anyone see the burnie games during the year and the finals???? Laycock dominated because this guy is petrified!

Young back for North? that should really make a difference... not. Didnt North have 13 at training a few weeks ago? Surely there is many, many more to leave- however none of them would be worth naming. North will challenge Hobart for the spoon this year! Magpies on the rise... even if only marginally!!:)

Greetings to you fellow posters. Im from QLD and follow the Broadbeach Cats in the strong NEAFL comp up here.
I hear we have recruited a 2012 Premiership player for Burnie.... his name is Jack Templeton. Would some one on your forum be able to give me some background/credentials on Jack please.? cheers.All the best for your comp in 2013.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greetings to you fellow posters. Im from QLD and follow the Broadbeach Cats in the strong NEAFL comp up here.
I hear we have recruited a 2012 Premiership player for Burnie.... his name is Jack Templeton. Would some one on your forum be able to give me some background/credentials on Jack please.? cheers.All the best for your comp in 2013.

Jack played the last two years in the statewide league for Burnie. Really developed last year into one of the best backman in the league, shutting down some of the best big forwards. Works hard, is tall, strong and mobile. Good bloke too :thumbsu:

Jack played the last two years in the statewide league for Burnie. Really developed last year into one of the best backman in the league, shutting down some of the best big forwards. Works hard, is tall, strong and mobile. Good bloke too :thumbsu:
I think he will really struggle playing neafl footy, remember how much of a touch up tassie got against qld a few years ago! The players playing then wouldn't compare to him! Will struggle to shut down key forwards in this league I'm telling you!

I think he will really struggle playing neafl footy, remember how much of a touch up tassie got against qld a few years ago! The players playing then wouldn't compare to him! Will struggle to shut down key forwards in this league I'm telling you!

Probably just as well you are not coaching Broadbeach then as you wouldn't play him on the key forward but the number 2 or 3. Enormous amounts of courage plays that 3rd man over the top well or a defender that has the courage to leave his man and cut off the leading key forward. I would have him in my side any day and especially at that level. He is still very young and will only get better.

Bit hard on temps there Jesse!! He has developed into a very handy player over the last couple of years! Will do well over there I reckon.

Burnie's losses from the Premiership side last year - Jack Templeton, Brody Mihocek, Shaun Knott, Robbie Fox, Travis Davies, Kade Brakey, Trent McCrossen and also Vinny Ponsonby who didnt play in the grand final and most of the season through injury.

Pick ups - Nick Walters, Clint Riley, Brad Harvey, Tyrone Morrison, All training nicely apparently.
Not sure if these have signed - Brennan Reeves, Bryce haneveer and a few others who have been training.

Some big losses but some nice pick ups. Think they still look strong enough to challenge for back to back titles.

Thanks Redrover....
saw the other guys comments as well.... obviously he is at a young age and developing quickly. Whilst the step up to NEAFL level will be challenging, its the best way to improve himself... he will be up against high quality opposition but will also have high quality team mates around him.Looking forward to see how he goes and I will give u updates on his performances during the season... cheers.

Its a pity that all we can discuss is who has left the competition. SWL is on a nosedive. Thanks Mr Wade.
With the Swl falling apart will only mean the other competitions will get stronger. I'm looking forward to watching a bit more old scholars with strong lists in the top sides. Also looking forward to watching few more Sfl games with some good recruiting done over the off season.

With the Swl falling apart will only mean the other competitions will get stronger. I'm looking forward to watching a bit more old scholars with strong lists in the top sides. Also looking forward to watching few more Sfl games with some good recruiting done over the off season.

If the SWL keeps going as it is, the standard of each league SWL, SFL & OS will be about the same. All crap.
The idea of a SWL is to be the best standard for guys wanting to play against the best & developing players for the AFL. If guys dont want to do the work then they drop down a level. The way its going nobody will get any proper development so all levels of football will suffer.
Soccer now has a SWL starting. maybe they will take over as the best code in the state? Thanks Mr Wade.

Soccer now has a SWL starting. maybe they will take over as the best code in the state? Thanks Mr Wade.

Your are onto something here Madmug, take a look at the attendance for the rugby union game last month, it was only a practice match but the numbers are similar to the SWL grand final, if the people at Arygle St carnt see that as problem then what are they doing???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back