Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

He gives 100% nearly every match, he's one of the few players on our team that I can say is as consistent as Swallow. Always chases, tackles, shepherds for teammates and hits the scoreboard well. Tough for a little guy too, hardly squibs, even against bigger opposition.

He's the only 'type' of player on our list. Very important.

Looks like he is getting better too. Wouldn't be surprised if he won our goal kicking this year.

If he could get a few crumbing goals to add to what he gets he would be very much elite.

[quote="giantroo, post: 27637742, member: 20191"]He also got labelled a faker by Eagles lawyers and that has caused the AFL to change the laws in regards to a right of reply.[/quote]

And by Nathan Buckley.

Is that you mav?

Hats off to LT, who's faced more than his fair share of hurdles along the way to now be one of our best players.
think he was referring to the Eagles lawyer. Funny how this thread turned into a love fest about that one game against Carlton.

And I love the comments, He bleeds blue and white, loves the club, hada hada hada. Show me any interview where one of our players has dissed the club and said how they don't want to be there!

Love that play against Geelong. More of that and less of the snipping s**t on the weekend. If that was a player on any other team you lot would be on their board saying what a snipping bastard he is. Funny how one week people say how football should all be about the attack on the ball and the next week praising behind the play pick offs!

We better not change the team until all the young guys have had 100 games to develop into so so players

This was awesome by LT. A little surprised that the likes of Gerard Healy or Kevin Bartlett didn't want him suspended for it. One of the unfortunate things about being on holidays is that I get the chance to listen to some of the drivel on Hungry for Sport in the mornings. Seriously KB has lost grip on reality - nice to see Neil Balme put him in his box about LT this morning.

But back to LT. He is a very good player. I heard Bon say he had the best accuracy record of any small forward last year. Better than Betts or Milne or anyone. Yet ask anyone about Lindsay Thomas and they'll probably mention he's a squib who can't kick and plays for frees. Well this clip show he is not squib, and he is a good kick and.....well, that's all.

826002-lindsay-thomas.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

think he was referring to the Eagles lawyer. Funny how this thread turned into a love fest about that one game against Carlton.

And I love the comments, He bleeds blue and white, loves the club, hada hada hada. Show me any interview where one of our players has dissed the club and said how they don't want to be there!

Love that play against Geelong. More of that and less of the snipping s**t on the weekend. If that was a player on any other team you lot would be on their board saying what a snipping bastard he is. Funny how one week people say how football should all be about the attack on the ball and the next week praising behind the play pick offs!

We better not change the team until all the young guys have had 100 games to develop into so so players

Flog.

Just how good and important he is

The video is in two parts because that's how good his game was that night.

He is an absolute gun. On raw stats he's right up there with the top forwards in the league. On impact he could make a case as one of the very best small guys running around. I don't see Milne destroying players in tackles nor Betts having having anywhere near the physical impact.

Very easy player to like as a supporter. Wears his heart on his sleeve and goes in for the club every week. A few of his team mates could learn a thing or two about how to put their best foot forward when under pressure from him.

It's not about interviews or what players say. It's what they do on the field and how they respond to adversity that defines them and how they display their respect for the club and supporters. I would have thought even you would understand that.

Thomas deserves the respect and admiration that he receives from supporters because of his actions - not because of fluff articles. Open your eyes - and yes, as NB said, you are a flog.

Heard him speak a few years ago and knows that footy probably gave him a life that he would not have had back in S.A...and for that he is forever greatful, esp to his bro who encouraged him to keep going.

Loves the club and the game. Good mates with Eddie B.

One of the most disappointing things I remember when he had the yips was the Collingwood game and Tarrant getting in his face with a patronising clap.

Never thought much of Tarrant after that (didnt think that much before).

To come back from the depths of that day shows the guts of the man.

Go LT.

I was.

Its awesome that after kicking 4.1 against a legitimate contender that such a thread exists.

Was clearly in our best 2 from the weekend.

A snipping bastard?

His willingness to apply a legal front on shepherd to a much bigger player on the weekend, as he often does, demonstrates his courage. Really admire the way he's beaten his mental challenges too. He's tough as nails and a brilliant example for the younger players.

Future captain if you ask me. He has cemented his spot for the year and his show of strength last Sunday to flatten Reid was a sure sign he is ready to take over the captaincy role in a year or 2 as Boomer enters the twilight of his career.
It's time for LT to enter the midfield where he'll be able to inflict maximum damage across half-forward and hit the scoreboard like a maniac.

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere on here but he became a father for the 2nd time last week. He is an incredibly grounded young man and it's a privilege to have him in a North jumper.

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere on here but he became a father for the 2nd time last week. He is an incredibly grounded young man and it's a privilege to have him in a North jumper.

I think it's an unwritten law on here that we don't acknowledge players having baby girls. Great news for Thomas family though.

who would commit the time to write this drivel and use the term 'you lot'?

a pom...a whinging pom who doesn't fully comprehend the game and doesn't see the high value of a small forward who actually consistently kicks goals and creates contests.

and who doesn't understand the historical context of how wrong it is to chime in with a tedious whinge in a feel good thread about a koori footballer who has consistently overcome adversity. that's the only way i can explain this nonsense.

what is snipping anyway?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back