Game Day AFL Round 4 - Collingwood vs Richmond Match Day and Post Match Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Really frustrated me when we could've had shots, and instead decided to dish it off to 3 Richmond players on 1 Collingwood player. Also, some of our kick outs were beyond woeful

I'm all for players passing to others in a better position, but it pretty much has to be risk free for them to do it IMO..otherwise just back yourself in and kick the goals. Swan handpass in the first quarter to Fasolo rings a bell.

Krakouer 36 possessions in the VFL. Seems ripe for the picking to be reselected for ANZAC day. Will murder the stats in comparison to Alwyn Gravy. No Hurley either. Possibly no Fletcher and no Paddy Ryder. Hille is over the.....hill haha :p

A few positives from today:

- Clokey kicking seven. Kicked a bag in all games except the Carlton game when it was wet. Suited crumbers like ello and dwyer. His marking was exceptional and he is getting his hands on the ball too.

- Sidebottom was superb around goals. How he crumbs and just converts his opportunities. Really ignited us in the third and early in the fourth. His possessions around the ground were fantastic as well.

- Swanny touching up the tiggers with thirty plus. No brownlow votes or at least in comparison to Cloke, but he gets cudos for performing on the big stage week in week out.

- Hudson rucking and doing well again. He might not be spectacular, but often the best players are seen and not heard.

- Third quarter effort. First eight goals were AMAZING!!

Hope we come out all guns blazing and smash the bombers. Sure every win we have from here on in is not over the Hawks. That opportunity is gone. Still worth building up to round 21. Maybe we can have our side sorted for finals and subdue Buddy and his mates for once. Still prefer to beat them in finals though, or perhaps the last Saturday in September ;)

Trav leading the Coleman. Does anyone really remember the poor form last year when he was in the media wanting the big deal? No me either. What a beast.
Sidey at home after the worst game in 5 years at the club, he was immense.
Swanny was a bit ridiculous too - when it mattered. A 200th game to be proud of.

I hear Krak had 36 possessions in the twos today. :thumbsu: Must be close to a return..

I just remember him coming back in the first final against the Hawks last year and having a massive impact - can anyone else feel that for ANZAC Day? Wouldn't that be a absolute pearler of a bloody story.

Well done pies. Super impressive performance in that third quarter. Cloke looked just about unstoppable and had the nostrils flared like a raging bull.
Just shows some of the more excitable Richmond fans that we've still got a long way to go yet.
Your blokes wanted it more, ran like hell and attacked in packs. To good. Hopefully not for much longer.

Oh yeah, and do us all a favour and beat the bombers next week.... by a point.

Very good win. Love you Swanny, and Cloke keep that up and maybe a coleman medal is a chance.

Sat next to a feral Tiges supporter today. When the Tiges looked good early he was abusing all the Pies players and whistling loudly everytime the Tigers did something good.
Made my day by stirring him up in the third by loudly proclaiming how these shit Richmond players would be playing for Coburg next week. He was getting quite angry, i found it hilarious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus Christ. We're losing to ******* Richmond.

These seems to be the issue with a lot of comments so far. I know I'm responding to people way after the game, but I just got home. Why are people thinking it is somehow beneath us to take a while to get past Richmond? They are much better team than before.

Reid loves hand balling to team mates in a disadvantage...
And he also has a crush on no look hand ball up in the air 5 meters away from his team mate and towards opponents advantage..

Lets not mention he is unstable in a marking contest...

He's a shadow of his former self... Low confidence and need to fire up and get a lecture in playing in control.... Could be due to some pie defenders allowing many entries in the Half back causing pressure but... Best defender make best decisions ... Reid hasn't... For a long time.

Get a grip.

The result of the match does not invalidate criticisms of the way we play.

Cloke is not going to dominate every week and I worry about where the goals will come from when he inevitably does have a quiet match. Then again, I wouldn't expect many to look further ahead than one match given what I've seen in the past.

The result of the match does not invalidate criticisms of the way we play.

Cloke is not going to dominate every week and I worry about where the goals will come from when he inevitably does have a quiet match. Then again, I wouldn't expect many to look further ahead than one match given what I've seen in the past.

No, Cloke will not dominate to that extent against every team; although, freed of contract thoughts and associated outside pressures, I live in hope. Is it beyond the realms of possibility that it will become closer the norm than his past, already impressive, form. He's still improving, isn't he?

Elliott will have better matches in terms of goal-kicking, won't he?

With our midfield being bolstered in the next month or so, Sidey will still be available to play forward, won't he?

Dwyer and Caff can still make a decent contribution, if not replaced by vets like Dids or Krak or Goldy, won't they?

Lynchy is looking like a great upgrade on Dawesy, is he not?

Even the much maligned Sinclair was decent, wasn't he?

One week, is not a season, sure.

Are we [am I] bothering you by enjoying the win?

They played pretty well, didn't they?

A bit more run in the legs of Daisy and Fas, plus add Beams, Ball, Maxy and whoever else you think is worthy and we're traveling okay, right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back