Game Day AFL Round 4 - Collingwood vs Richmond Match Day and Post Match Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

The result of the match does not invalidate criticisms of the way we play.

Cloke is not going to dominate every week and I worry about where the goals will come from when he inevitably does have a quiet match. Then again, I wouldn't expect many to look further ahead than one match given what I've seen in the past.

We are one of the highest scoring teams in the league and have been for several years... there is no need to worry. Goals will come from fasolo elliot (krak/dids when they play) swan goldsack macaffer pendlebury beams thomas sidebottom dywer sinclair lynch if Cloke has a quiet one

No, Cloke will not dominate to that extent against every team; although, freed of contract thoughts and associated outside pressures, I live in hope. Is it beyond the realms of possibility that it will become closer the norm than his past, already impressive, form. He's still improving, isn't he?

Elliott will have better matches in terms of goal-kicking, won't he?

With our midfield being bolstered in the next month or so, Sidey will still be available to play forward, won't he?

Dwyer and Caff can still make a decent contribution, if not replaced by vets like Dids or Krak or Goldy, won't they?

Lynchy is looking like a great upgrade on Dawesy, is he not?

Even the much maligned Sinclair was decent, wasn't he?

One week, is not a season, sure.

Are we [am I] bothering you by enjoying the win?

They played pretty well, didn't they?

A bit more run in the legs of Daisy and Fas, plus add Beams, Ball, Maxy and whoever else you think is worthy and we're traveling okay, right?
Lynch is a superb upgrade on Dawes,y and I think Cloke is playing with great freedom this year and having Elliott dob a few and Lynch providing great support has really taken a lot of pressure off Travis.

This season because Lynch is up there and can take a grab we have not been seeing Cloke tripled team as much as last yr.I think on reflection the club have done a great job on free agent recruiting and recruiting in general in the last round of drafts.:thumbsu:

Cloke is not going to dominate every week and I worry about where the goals will come from when he inevitably does have a quiet match. Then again, I wouldn't expect many to look further ahead than one match given what I've seen in the past.
No but saying things like "signs are bad for the rest of the year" is clearly over the top. It's round 4 and we comfortably beat a good side ffs.

Not at all, we were a different team second half. Still maintain you can't win games on the back of one quarter against top teams. Tigers aren't a top team and we won't be able to pull games like the first quarter against a real time like Hawthorn or Geelong. ;)

Remember last week? Dropped off for one or two quarters and it was a blowout. Just lucky Richmond weren't able to do more damage, see the bigger picture Captain Hindsight.

Not at all, we were a different team second half. Still maintain you can't win games on the back of one quarter against top teams. Tigers aren't a top team and we won't be able to pull games like the first quarter against a real time like Hawthorn or Geelong. ;)

Remember last week? Dropped off for one or two quarters and it was a blowout. Just lucky Richmond weren't able to do more damage, see the bigger picture Captain Hindsight.

Enjoy the win mate. You'll give yourself a hernia worrying about s**t you cannot control.

Apart from any other comments about other players, Reidy played after hyper-extending his knee last week.

You know?
Then he shouldn't have played.

Even though you think playing Frost in for Reid is ludicrous, if the coaching panel didn't think Reid was up to it due to his knee, then Frost would definitely have to come in and play that role.

Looking ahead......
Outs
Jolly - can kick goals
Ball - can kick goals
Beams - can kick goals
Goldsack -can kick goals
Didak - can kick goals
Krakouer - can kick goals
Johnson - can kick goals

That's 7 players out that if we ever get to fielding a close to a full team, may make a difference?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can anyone get the replay on afl.com.au? bloody annoying when both the night games are already up.
All the money they have and they still can,t get right I am beginning think they just take delight in screwing things up for the Magpies because every week I have looked for replays we seem to be last cab off the rank every time as far as replays go.

So jealous of guys living in melbourne.That was my first game in a bout 3 years at the G and it was amazing.Just the buildup and the game itself.Couldn't have had a better day.Went to the westpac centre after the game,checked out the cups,had a few (more) beers .I have no idea how i got back to my hotel last night.

Will try and do the VFL/AFL double in a few weeks

I said to a mate of mine at half time, "I don't like the look of this". He replied, "Me neither".
Forget Swan, Ablett, Watson, Cotchin, Franklin, Trav Cloke is the MVP in the AFL.
I guess its better to get a reality check earlier in the season and thats exactly what that 3rd quarter was - clinical efficiency, we couldnt get the footy. It clearly showed the gulf between these two teams.
Well played Pies.

I said to a mate of mine at half time, "I don't like the look of this". He replied, "Me neither".
Forget Swan, Ablett, Watson, Cotchin, Franklin, Trav Cloke is the MVP in the AFL.
I guess its better to get a reality check earlier in the season and thats exactly what that 3rd quarter was - clinical efficiency, we couldnt get the footy. It clearly showed the gulf between these two teams.
Well played Pies.

Easy to say that after his monster day against the tigers, but Ablett is still better and more important to his team.

Next week we're going for the Trifecta:

Carltank = tick
Ninethmond = tick
Juice Kings = tba
It's a little annoying that we are playing them on ANZAC day, I really wanted to take a blow up syringe but I think it would be crass to do so on ANZAC day.

Anyone looked at the Tigers board the last couple of days, the morons on there blame the umpires for their loss.

What a bunch of muppets.

I could only wish one of our players got looked after like Cotchin does.
Elliott gets whacked in the head and it's no call, and that 50 for Knights was ******* soft.

Richmond are just a weak football team, with weak supporters. No wonder they have been garbage for so long, pathetic sooks.

You'll always get a few people blaming the umps. We had it last week.
I agree with what you're saying for the most part Quicky. But this game was 18/17 frees our way, Last week had a reasonable big differential in free kicks hawthorn's way(22 hawks, 13 pies) , so at least it was ever so slightly more reasonable to complain about it.

Especially with the Harry O report!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back