Dons more likely to avoid doping ban, says lawyer

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets go back to the future

what are your thoughts on this?

IV drip use at Windy Hill enough to breach doping law

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...reach-doping-law/story-e6frf9jf-1226578316393

Whether those infusions carried legal drugs or banned peptides, it is the manner in which they entered they body that would breach the AFL's code.

The AFL's code makes it clear intravenous infusions are "prohibited except for those legitimately received in the course of hospital admissions or clinical investigations".

Those breaches of the code - "prohibited methods" - are viewed as just as serious as using "prohibited substances", and attract a two-year ban.

It is alleged Essendon players were taken over the road from Windy Hill to a Botox clinic and given intravenous drips.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...reach-doping-law/story-e6frf9jf-1226578316393

??????
Iv injections less that 49mls are WADA compliant. But of course Essendon staff wouldn't know such technicalities

This is where is gets ugly for the AFL and I don't think they would want to go there. If (hypothetically) 6 players received a ban I think the AFL will put all sorts of pressure on Essendon to take the hit and put this thing to bed. The AFL would want to avoid overturning any ban put it place by WADA/ASADA and be forever seen as a league that turns a blind eye. Integrity isn't the AFL's main game. It's PR.

AFL and/or Essendon should set aside a few million dollars and draw up some watertight confidentiality agreements. Hand the "EFC6" a briefcase with a million or two in it and say they can keep it if they just sign the agreement.

So you know who the number goes to?
actually, as stated previous. Our family has a relationship with an afl player. We are fully aware of the talks given pre season, and during for all clubs and all players around this.
One particular BBQ we were at, this person was called for testing and had to leave.ALL players are to avail themselves 24/7 for testing,they all have access to asada 24/7.

actually, as stated previous. Our family has a relationship with an afl player. We are fully aware of the talks given pre season, and during for all clubs and all players around this.
One particular BBQ we were at, this person was called for testing and had to leave.ALL players are to avail themselves 24/7 for testing,they all have access to asada 24/7.
How dare you inject facts into @mxett's spurious arguments!

ALL AFL players are given education and talks every season around their legal responsibilities and peds and rec drugs. ALL players are advised it is their responsibilty to check everything they put in their body , down to cold tablets etc. Therefore ALL players who chose for whatever reason to have a susbstance put into their bodies that is outside the code, are liable and will incur penalties.

ANY drug that is not deemed suitable for human use is outside the code period......
So it's not just me that's not getting the excitement about the confusion of the ACC report.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh, just like all media reports, means nothing til we have all the information.

It's just that this one is nicer to read as an Essendon supporter.

Mind you, it's just as relevant as the other crap too.
This is my conclusion also. Essendon fans can't defend their clubs to the hilt against every article that presents a negative point of view; calling for people to wait for the facts on one hand while pumping up the opinion of one lawyer who defends them on the other.

If the AFL does nothing on this, it'll be a green light.

AFL should have the balls to do what the NRL did with storm and their cheating. Send a message that taking illegal substances in sport is a big no.

If the AFL don't WADA will.

I suppose it's a guess.

Everyone is reduced to having guesses until Essendon finally at long last step forward and inform the world as to who formulated the consent forms and who is the "I" mentioned on those consent forms.

Until then, you lot can keep absurdly deflecting to the ACC website.

You think that's going to happen? The drug cheats keep coming up with new lies every day, then the following week they find new evidence, and still the lies continue. I Would have had sympathy for Essendon fans, but after seeing the amount of crap they are spinning I feel no sympathy for them. I hope they get screwed over and raped hard. They are nothing but liars and drug cheating junkies.

I believe One case involved an athlete who was told by her trainer that he was giving her one substance but gave her another banned substance. She won and rightfully so

Interesting.

What happened to the trainer?

This is my conclusion also. Essendon fans can't defend their clubs to the hilt against every article that presents a negative point of view; calling for people to wait for the facts on one hand while pumping up the opinion of one lawyer who defends them on the other.
In fairness to a lot of the Essendon supporters here posting on this board I reckon they are being a little cheeky and doing what half the trolls from other teams are doing in the other threads. Getting a bit back so to speak and I don't blame them.

In the Essendon board thread about ASADA there are plenty of supporters also picking holes in this article.

I believe One case involved an athlete who was told by her trainer that he was giving her one substance but gave her another banned substance. She won and rightfully so

Well it remains to be seen if this particular case is at all relevant to what's happening at Essendon. Very interesting point though.

But at the end of the day, someone has to be held to account, I don't think Essendon should get away with this is, someone has to fall on their sword because there needs to be an example set to stop it from happening again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back