Teams Green Bay Packers - The Frozen Tundra

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthews, Neal, Perry, Jones. If they remain healthy and play to their potential that's a scary pass rush right there.

Also some very good talent still on the board, I'm expecting a WR or a safety to be drafted tomorrow in the second.

I'm thinking safety. With Woodson gone, we'll look to beef that up but you're right, heaps of talent still on the board

I'm thinking safety. With Woodson gone, we'll look to beef that up but you're right, heaps of talent still on the board
I'm inclined to agree with you there. Cyprien and Swearinger still remain. I suppose it all depends on how the team view McMillian and if he can make the jump. I'm excited for the remaining days as in my opinion we don't have any glaring needs (if anybody says RB I will slap them) and we can draft the best players on the board to a degree.

I'm inclined to agree with you there. Cyprien and Swearinger still remain. I suppose it all depends on how the team view McMillian and if he can make the jump. I'm excited for the remaining days as in my opinion we don't have any glaring needs (if anybody says RB I will slap them) and we can draft the best players on the board to a degree.

Looks like we went with Lacy in the 2nd round.

Also Rodgers has re-signed for five years :thumbsu: Fantastic news

Great two days so far. Love the Lacy pick. He wont be asked to carry it 25 times with us. 15 maybe. We'll still have Green Harris and Starks there too. RB is looking strong now.

Traded back a few times to stock up later on. I would love Barrett Jones next, can play right across the OLIne. I think we also would look at a DB and WR tomorrow too.

A hot tip so hot no one but me wants to touch it......Rodgers' play to drop off now he got a fat contract :eek:

Draft Barkley tomorrow.

Legit though would like Klien in the 7th.. Could be our 3rd string and offers something different too.

A hot tip so hot no one but me wants to touch it......Rodgers' play to drop off now he got a fat contract :eek:
Yeah that's possibly the worst thing I've heard. Rodgers doesn't want to be the highest paid player ever he wants to be the best ever, so yeah wrong.

Lacy I'm semi happy with,

FFS Passed up on Barrett Jones an All American Centre to get some unknown Tackle from Colorado WTF.
Same goes for Jesse Williams, passed him up for some other unknown DL.

Aside from that pretty happy with the draft.
Love that weve addressed RB with two of the top 3 available

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS Passed up on Barrett Jones an All American Centre to get some unknown Tackle from Colorado WTF.
Same goes for Jesse Williams, passed him up for some other unknown DL.

Aside from that pretty happy with the draft.
Love that weve addressed RB with two of the top 3 available

Yeah that is weird that we passed up on Barrett Jones. When I was doing the mock draft on here, Jones was the Centre I wanted but he was picked before I could get him.

Would've loved Williams, too. Not just because of the Aussie connection but this guy was projected to go in the first round but slid. Would've loved to have picked up first round talent in the fourth.

Reasonably happy with the draft though.

Yeah that is weird that we passed up on Barrett Jones. When I was doing the mock draft on here, Jones was the Centre I wanted but he was picked before I could get him.

Would've loved Williams, too. Not just because of the Aussie connection but this guy was projected to go in the first round but slid. Would've loved to have picked up first round talent in the fourth.

Reasonably happy with the draft though.

Jones is a leader on the line and Williams a run stuffer both what we need. Missed a couple there big time.

Pick #26 Datone Jones, DE, UCLA

Loving the pick. If anybody is interested once the draft is complete I'll do a full write up of the players and my expectations for them and how they fit into the team.
stoked with this. From all reports he competed against Eric Fisher at Senior Bowl practices and dismantled him but then again its practice but i like it.
Love Lacy pick. Cant get that bowl game out of my head. Not massively fast but would suit our open offence with the space. Dont know anything about the other picks.

Pick 26# Datone Jones, UCLA, DE
Project as a pass rushing 3-4 DE, something that the Packers have sorely lacked since the departure of Cullen Jenkins. I do love this pick as Jones plays with a bit of a mean streak and is relentless on the field. Also has experience lining up all over the d-line, will be starting day 1.

Pick 61# Eddie Lacy, Alabama, RB
A bell cow running back is what the Packers have been after since Ahmad Green, Lacy fell to the end of the second round due to injury concerns so it's going to be interesting to see if he can overcome those. I'm still not sold on this pick but due to the value I can see why we pulled the trigger as Lacy was regarded as the number 1 back this year by majority of experts.

Pick 109# David Bakhiari, Colorado, OT
Can play all over the offensive line and played LT while in college, I don't think he makes that transition in the NFL and I see him primarily as a backup to Bulaga and the RT spot with the ability to be kicked inside. Was graded as a second/third round prospect so to get him in the 4th is good value.

Pick 122# J.C. Tretter, Cornell, OT
Played as a tackle in college which he won't be doing in the NFL. He will be kicked inside where the Packers have questionable depth behind Lang and Sitton, but given a couple of years to develop I think he can be an extremely competent player. Plus can never have too many line-men protecting #12.

Pick 125# Johnathan Franklin, UCLA, RB
Not content with the best RB prospect the Pack come right back in the 4th and get the 2nd best prospect at RB. The additions of Lacy and Franklin instantly upgrade the Packers dire situation at RB and make it a legitimate threat which can only help the offence perform more consistently. Will probably be used as a 3rd down back.

Pick 159# Micah Hyde, Iowa, CB
A very speculative pick probably won't be playing as a CB in Green Bay is more likely to be turned into a safety. Does play physical though which is something our DBs in general lack at times (McMillian and Richardson excluded).

Pick 169# Josh Boyd, Mississippi, DE
Again a speculative pick by the Packers, I doubt he will be playing much as a DE though and see him mainly spelling Raji that's if he lasts through TC which is doubtful in my mind.

Pick 193# Nate Palmer, Illinois St., LB
Most likely a special teams player if he can make the team.

Pick 216# Charles Johnson, Grand Valley St., WR
Is an amazing athlete and if that can translate to on the field performances then we have gotten an absolute steal for a 7th round draft pick. Not sure if he can make the team this season, but I'm not sure he would clear waivers.

Pick 224# Kevin Dorsey, Maryland, WR
Is a good route runner which will hold him in good stead at the Packers. Will be very interesting to see if he can make the team.

Pick 232# Sam Barrington, South Florida, LB
Will be making the team as he is a pure footballer and even played some RB in high school.

Pick 26# Datone Jones, UCLA, DE
Project as a pass rushing 3-4 DE, something that the Packers have sorely lacked since the departure of Cullen Jenkins. I do love this pick as Jones plays with a bit of a mean streak and is relentless on the field. Also has experience lining up all over the d-line, will be starting day 1.

Pick 61# Eddie Lacy, Alabama, RB
A bell cow running back is what the Packers have been after since Ahmad Green, Lacy fell to the end of the second round due to injury concerns so it's going to be interesting to see if he can overcome those. I'm still not sold on this pick but due to the value I can see why we pulled the trigger as Lacy was regarded as the number 1 back this year by majority of experts.

Pick 109# David Bakhiari, Colorado, OT
Can play all over the offensive line and played LT while in college, I don't think he makes that transition in the NFL and I see him primarily as a backup to Bulaga and the RT spot with the ability to be kicked inside. Was graded as a second/third round prospect so to get him in the 4th is good value.

Pick 122# J.C. Tretter, Cornell, OT
Played as a tackle in college which he won't be doing in the NFL. He will be kicked inside where the Packers have questionable depth behind Lang and Sitton, but given a couple of years to develop I think he can be an extremely competent player. Plus can never have too many line-men protecting #12.

Pick 125# Johnathan Franklin, UCLA, RB
Not content with the best RB prospect the Pack come right back in the 4th and get the 2nd best prospect at RB. The additions of Lacy and Franklin instantly upgrade the Packers dire situation at RB and make it a legitimate threat which can only help the offence perform more consistently. Will probably be used as a 3rd down back.

Pick 159# Micah Hyde, Iowa, CB
A very speculative pick probably won't be playing as a CB in Green Bay is more likely to be turned into a safety. Does play physical though which is something our DBs in general lack at times (McMillian and Richardson excluded).

Pick 169# Josh Boyd, Mississippi, DE
Again a speculative pick by the Packers, I doubt he will be playing much as a DE though and see him mainly spelling Raji that's if he lasts through TC which is doubtful in my mind.

Pick 193# Nate Palmer, Illinois St., LB
Most likely a special teams player if he can make the team.

Pick 216# Charles Johnson, Grand Valley St., WR
Is an amazing athlete and if that can translate to on the field performances then we have gotten an absolute steal for a 7th round draft pick. Not sure if he can make the team this season, but I'm not sure he would clear waivers.

Pick 224# Kevin Dorsey, Maryland, WR
Is a good route runner which will hold him in good stead at the Packers. Will be very interesting to see if he can make the team.

Pick 232# Sam Barrington, South Florida, LB
Will be making the team as he is a pure footballer and even played some RB in high school.

Great write up.

Great draft for the Pack. Think we missed a couple. But you cant questions TTs record.

Great write up.

Great draft for the Pack. Think we missed a couple. But you cant questions TTs record.
I'll agree with that for now, I think what we have done this draft apart from Jones, Lacy and Franklin is draft people that we can develop and aren't expected to make an immediate impact.

Schedule is out:

Week 11: Sunday, November 17 - Green Bay @ New York Giants at 7:30 p.m.

Just a question on the scheduling of this game. I'm due to fly into NY on the 17th at 9:00PM, I'm looking to change the flight so I can go to the game. The earliest flight I can get lands at 3:00PM.

With the flexible scheduling is there a likelihood that this game will be shifted to an earlier timeslot? I think it would be unlikely, just looking at some of the other match ups but you never know. Cheers.

Just a question on the scheduling of this game. I'm due to fly into NY on the 17th at 9:00PM, I'm looking to change the flight so I can go to the game. The earliest flight I can get lands at 3:00PM.

With the flexible scheduling is there a likelihood that this game will be shifted to an earlier timeslot? I think it would be unlikely, just looking at some of the other match ups but you never know. Cheers.
It would be highly unlikely as both the Packers and Giants are both good teams looking to make another Super Bowl run. Also there is a bit of spice to the game after the Giants have belted the Packers in their last 2 meetings which the Pack will be looking to atone for.

It would be highly unlikely as both the Packers and Giants are both good teams looking to make another Super Bowl run. Also there is a bit of spice to the game after the Giants have belted the Packers in their last 2 meetings which the Pack will be looking to atone for.

That's what I thought as well. Thanks mate.

I like the moves that are being on made on the offensive line.

Buluga to left tackle. Sitton to left guard. Will provide Rodgers with that little bit of extra protection and experience on his blind side.

Lang to right guard. Dietrich-Smith still at centre. Looks like right tackle is more up in the air at this stage, Bakhtiari, Barclay, Newhouse and Sherrod to compete for the starting job at camp.

Anything to provide Rodgers more protection, time in the pocket and hopefully less sacks is an excellent move I think.

I like the moves that are being on made on the offensive line.

Buluga to left tackle. Sitton to left guard. Will provide Rodgers with that little bit of extra protection and experience on his blind side.

Lang to right guard. Dietrich-Smith still at centre. Looks like right tackle is more up in the air at this stage, Bakhtiari, Barclay, Newhouse and Sherrod to compete for the starting job at camp.

Anything to provide Rodgers more protection, time in the pocket and hopefully less sacks is an excellent move I think.
Couldn't agree more, also does that mean we are going to be running the ball more to the left as Bulaga and Sitton are easily our best run blocking combination (note in this scenario I see Newhouse winning the RT job). Although a line of Bulaga-Sitton-EDS-Lang-Barclay is one tough and mean line, something that has been lacking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back