Fantasy The Terrible Fantasy Manager / Bad Beats Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a fun thread to add something new to the board where you can vent on your own diabolical Fantasy team selections much to the amusement of everyone else or post up those Bad Beats, like when your QB1 throws a Hail Mary that is INT on the last play so you lose by .5.

May not take off, but thought sometimes it is good to get those terrible selections off your chest, the ones that in hindsight it was obvious they were bad choices or where the Fantasy Gods shafted you.

I will start from yesterday:

Played:
1699916872622.png
On Bench:
1699916896298.png

Just a fun thread to add something new to the board where you can vent on your own diabolical Fantasy team selections much to the amusement of everyone else or post up those Bad Beats, like when your QB1 throws a Hail Mary that is INT on the last play so you lose by .5.

May not take off, but thought sometimes it is good to get those terrible selections off your chest, the ones that in hindsight it was obvious they were bad choices or where the Fantasy Gods shafted you.

I will start from yesterday:

Played:
View attachment 1852255
On Bench:
View attachment 1852256

Great idea for a thread.

However starting LaPorta over Hockenson im not sure was bad management given the Lions scored 41 points. Just one of those games where if you played it again LP could easily have had a day like Hock did. The Chargers couldn't stop St.Brown (or the Lions running the ball) so Goff just continued to feed him

Great idea for a thread.

However starting LaPorta over Hockenson im not sure was bad management given the Lions scored 41 points. Just one of those games where if you played it again LP could easily have had a day like Hock did. The Chargers couldn't stop St.Brown (or the Lions running the ball) so Goff just continued to feed him
I put that in the category slight poor choice/slight bad beat (on a player front when a 50/50 shot).

Will be plenty more people can add to this I reckon week in week out. Triggered by recent losses in some leagues where people have lost because of late adjustments by fractions of points.

View attachment 1852508
Booms all-over the place, yet benched Harris after weeks of production and down by a point.

Great thread, I feel I'll be posting here most weeks 😞
Jeez, some big numbers in that game. 2 high scoring teams for the week?

Yep, it's a good thread idea.

As long as stat corrections keep giving me a flukey win, i have nothing to complain about, especially given how s**t all my rosters are, can only blame myself.

For instance, in Empire, before this week, i was the third worst team out of 16 teams in every statistical meteic, yey i was 5-4 and leading my division. Probably same in Alpha is happening. But in Omega ive got nowhere to hide

Jeez, some big numbers in that game. 2 high scoring teams for the week?
Yeah, a few 130s and the rest were trash.

Each season I let one team get done on auto picks to see how it plays out over my poor drafting.

It's now a 5&5 team and normally scores in the 100-120 range so a big outlier.

A re-draft league I'm in, have no luck at all. Lost Chubb, Have Aaron Jones too. Would be going well if it wasn't for my RB issues.

Anyways, lost to the two top teams in Wk 6 and Wk 8, by 0.24pts each week. Fairly close league, I'm sitting 2nd last with a 3-7 record, if I had won these two games, I'd be one of 4 teams on 5-5

Week 6.jpg

Week 8.jpg

Thursday Night Football.... Turdsday Night amirite! Unpacking some Fantasy implications this far out from final results that will no doubt come back to haunt and deliver that Bad Beat or Terrible Fantasy Manager moniker.

Did you:

Start Joe Burrow (luckily for me swapped him out for Goff in one league)
Start Mark Andrews (luckily I have no shares). But the big kicker is sounds like season over for those that own.
Start Bengals pass catchers. Check, got me here Starting Tyler Boyd ahead of Puka and Nico in one league.

One that could go against if you are playing him, JunkTime TD to Chase (particularly when you had 3 other Bengals pass catchers in your lineup on the turf when that happened). Bollocks.

Thursday Night Football.... Turdsday Night amirite! Unpacking some Fantasy implications this far out from final results that will no doubt come back to haunt and deliver that Bad Beat or Terrible Fantasy Manager moniker.

Did you:

Start Mark Andrews (luckily I have no shares). But the big kicker is sounds like season over for those that own.
Start Bengals pass catchers. Check, got me here Starting Tyler Boyd ahead of Puka and Nico in one league.

One that could go against if you are playing him, JunkTime TD to Chase (particularly when you had 3 other Bengals pass catchers in your lineup on the turf when that happened). Bollocks.

Yep QB injuries dont just impact your QB position, WRs become borderline useless also. Much like the Browns pass catchers, they are all ****ed now. I have Watson, Amari and Moore in one $50 cash league. Can write them all off for the rest of the season. Chase will put up Garrett Wilson style points if Burrow misses time. His ceiling comes way down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you:

Had Lamar in one team which was a decent result.

Andrews and I've got the 3 Wideouts in various teams so they're all toast now, and managed a meager return today.

I've got Schulz as a backup. But also dealing with a godert issue to. As if TE wasn't thin already

Normally need further scans and arent 2+ month injuries unless their like are the dreaded high ankle sprain.

Harbaugh said he needs ankle surgery so must have been something pretty bad on the x-ray

RIP Burrow, Chase and Higgins owners. I dont have any of them in any of my 9 fantasy teams strangely.
I hitched my wagon to theh Burrow train in as many dynasties as I could. Still got Mahomes in a couple at least, but overalll Im done :(

RIP Burrow, Chase and Higgins owners. I dont have any of them in any of my 9 fantasy teams strangely.
Bloody hell ..you need another interest/hobby. I’d be confused on who I have in what

Bloody hell ..you need another interest/hobby. I’d be confused on who I have in what

Haha, yeah, its really testing my limits, luckily two of them are best ball so dont need to set lineups for them which is nice. Have quite enjoyed best ball this year.

Blacky's mate who was managing Tuanami in empire last year is in 35 leagues this year. ******* mental.

Haha, yeah, its really testing my limits, luckily two of them are best ball so dont need to set lineups for them which is nice. Have quite enjoyed best ball this year.

Blacky's mate who was managing Tuanami in empire last year is in 35 leagues this year. ******* mental.
35!! FMD!

To be in 35 it'd be all prizemoney leagues....and all those basic requirements....a few offensive players and a DST to roster, best ball whatever.

"Who doesnt love money, gotta have more"

Yeah, some of the leagues are just redraft where they dont even have waivers, once you draft thats it, best ball and offense only

Remove this Banner Ad

Back