NFL 2022 NFL - Week 17 (thread will be closed if not respectful)

Remove this Banner Ad

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 30 @ 12:15 PM
Dallas at Tennessee LIVE

MONDAY, JANUARY 2 @ 5:00 AM
Arizona at Atlanta
Carolina at Tampa Bay
Chicago at Detroit
Cleveland at Washington
Denver at Kansas City
Indianapolis at New York Giants LIVE
Jacksonville at Houston
Miami at New England LIVE
New Orleans at Philadelphia LIVE

MONDAY, JANUARY 2 @ 8:05 AM
New York Jets at Seattle LIVE
San Francisco at Las Vegas

MONDAY, JANUARY 2 @ 8:25 AM
Los Angeles Rams at Los Angeles Chargers
Minnesota at Green Bay LIVE

MONDAY, JANUARY 2 @ 12:20 PM
Pittsburgh at Baltimore LIVE

TUESDAY, JANUARY 3 @ 12:30 PM
Buffalo at Cincinnati LIVE

AUSTRALIAN T.V. GAMES
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 12.20 PM ON 30/12: Dallas at Tennessee
LIVE ON 7MATE AT 5.00 AM ON 2/1: New Orleans at Philadelphia
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 5.00 AM ON 2/1: Miami at New England
LIVE ON ESPN2/KAYO AT 5.00 AM ON 2/1: Indianapolis at New York Giants

LIVE ON 7MATE AT 8.05 AM ON 2/1: New York Jets at Seattle
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 8.25 AM ON 2/1: Minnesota at Green Bay
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 12.20 PM ON 2/1: Pittsburgh at Baltimore
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 12.30 PM ON 3/1: Buffalo at Cincinnati

LIVE ON watchESPN AT 5:00 AM on 2/1: NFL RedZone

NB: VIC, NSW, TAS times
less 30 mins SA, NT
less 1 hour QLD
less 1.5 hours NT
less 3 hours WA

Last edited:
To me the fairest decision is abandon the match and call it a tie. Its not eutopia, but i dont think anyone should be looking for that at the moment.

Both teams are likely mentally struggling with this. Cant assume Cincinatti are ok either.

If we take the route of moving the superbowl bye week to after week 18, and finish the bengals v bills match in that week to get a winner, it could be viewed as disadvantaging the 1 seed in the NFC as they would effectively have 3 weeks off between games. So there is probably an element of disadvantage in any scenario

I know there is standings reprucssions with a tie, but in my view supports the players which is really important.

Most studies suggest this may be the result of long term affects of a * ton of people being infected with a severe respiratory virus over the past couple of years.

Higher risk of cardiac arrest following a respiratory infection has been an established theory well before COVID.

Some things are bigger than the game itself and that's why the game didn't continue out of respect for the situation.

There is no right answer to what happens with the game now and anything that happens from now on will be to the advantage of some teams and the disadvantage of others.

I will be surprised if they decide to finish the game on a stand alone weekend without any other games and I do not see them moving the date of the super bowl.

Without too much thought I would call it a tie and both teams would probably be content and have no fear playing the Chiefs at arrowhead.
100%. Clearly no ideal outcome but calling a tie is the most logical rather than moving everything else.

Move the playoffs to a week later? That would mean no 1 seed gets two weeks in a row without football..first playoff would be first game in three weeks.

Eagles probably won't complain about extra rest if they play Hurts and win, the other number one seed might well be buffalo- who won't have consecutive weeks off.

To me the fairest decision is abandon the match and call it a tie. Its not eutopia, but i dont think anyone should be looking for that at the moment.

Both teams are likely mentally struggling with this. Cant assume Cincinatti are ok either.

If we take the route of moving the superbowl bye week to after week 18, and finish the bengals v bills match in that week to get a winner, it could be viewed as disadvantaging the 1 seed in the NFC as they would effectively have 3 weeks off between games. So there is probably an element of disadvantage in any scenario

I know there is standings reprucssions with a tie, but in my view supports the players which is really important.
They're both going to play this week against different teams.

Just like ignoring the massive punishment inflicted on both teams by declaring it a tie and pretending it does fairness doesn't work no matter however many times it's repeated.

The only people treated fairly by it is Kansas City. It will taint the playoffs, and how the srason is remembered forever. Unless it's what buffalo players call for.

They're both going to play this week against different teams.

Just like ignoring the massive punishment inflicted on both teams by declaring it a tie and pretending it does fairness doesn't work no matter however many times it's repeated.

The only people treated fairly by it is Kansas City. It will taint the playoffs, and how the srason is remembered forever. Unless it's what buffalo players call for.
Who is saying it’s fair? There is no fairness is any of this, most of all for Damar and his family. It’s a terrible situation but delaying the entire schedule, impacting on not just NFL but a multitude of other events and venues makes little sense to me.

It's weird to me that people were (rightly) outraged at some shock jock w***er's tweet yesterday... and then this board has spent the last 24 hours discussing logistics when we still don't know whether Hamlin is going to live. Seems really crass, the game doesn't matter any more now than it did this time yesterday.

It's weird to me that people were (rightly) outraged at some shock jock w***er's tweet yesterday... and then this board has spent the last 24 hours discussing logistics when we still don't know whether Hamlin is going to live. Seems really crass, the game doesn't matter any more now than it did this time yesterday.
I dont think anyone was really talking schedules until we knew he was alive. where as it was the first think Skip said.

Everyone was far more concerned in Hamlin's health than the game or how the weekends upcoming games.

Who is saying it’s fair? There is no fairness is any of this, most of all for Damar and his family. It’s a terrible situation but delaying the entire schedule, impacting on not just NFL but a multitude of other events and venues makes little sense to me.

Literally the post I quoted.

I mean, it should go without saying that we all feel horrible for Hamlin, we all think what happened is awful, we all wish him well, and we all want this to be handled with appropriate sensitivity.

It's just we all end up making purely arbitrary decisions about when it's ok to begin discussing what happens next. There is usually very little rule behind them- there is no clear moral boundary around when it will be ok to return to a more normal dialogue.

If you think that the moral boundary is somewhere further than what I did, more power do you, but does that really require you to attack on it? Does it make anyone who didnt arrive at the exact same arbitrary boundary as you immoral or a bad person?

For gods sake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see nothing wrong with discussing the schedule topic any time after Hamlin's injury caused the game to be abandoned.

As has been said .... Literally every human on earth would be hoping and wishing Hamlin the best speedy recovery and that it was upsetting to see what happened.

But people can absolutely still discuss the scheduling issue and anything else football related in the meantime.

I see nothing wrong with discussing the schedule topic any time after Hamlin's injury caused the game to be abandoned.

As has been said .... Literally every human on earth would be hoping and wishing Hamlin the best speedy recovery and that it was upsetting to see what happened.

But people can absolutely still discuss the scheduling issue and anything else football related in the meantime.
Agree. Was just a ridiculous accusation completely out of line

I mean, it should go without saying that we all feel horrible for Hamlin, we all think what happened is awful, we all wish him well, and we all want this to be handled with appropriate sensitivity.

It's just we all end up making purely arbitrary decisions about when it's ok to begin discussing what happens next. There is usually very little rule behind them- there is no clear moral boundary around when it will be ok to return to a more normal dialogue.

If you think that the moral boundary is somewhere further than what I did, more power do you, but does that really require you to attack on it? Does it make anyone who didnt arrive at the exact same arbitrary boundary as you immoral or a bad person?

For gods sake.

This. You can worry about his health and wonder about what the NFL will do going forward at the same time...

Let’s make this clear.
Nothing in life is fair to anyone all the time.
Someone is always on the wrong side of things.

It’s not fair that Hamlin had to go through what he did. I think we can all agree that Hamlin has received the best possible care for what has happened to him.

Life is short. Can’t live pretending nothing has happened. Grieve when you have to.
Learn to live with heartache and loss. Life goes on.

Tee Higgins feels bad enough already, but apparently there's a ton of toxic fans blaming or criticizing him for Hamlin's injury. So bad is it, Hamlin's family are speaking out "it needs to stop". But....given he already feels bad, having all that added toxicity pushed onto him, I wonder how that may affect Higgins moving forward.

Tee Higgins feels bad enough already, but apparently there's a ton of toxic fans blaming or criticizing him for Hamlin's injury. So bad is it, Hamlin's family are speaking out "it needs to stop". But....given he already feels bad, having all that added toxicity pushed onto him, I wonder how that may affect Higgins moving forward.

Doesnt help that you now have commentators on ESPN etc now going after Higgins.

what a tool

what a *en tool

The gate keeper of when to do something is called common decency. Its so simple

When a guy is on the ground injured you don't do snow angeles next to him look over see him down and then continue to do them

When a guy is getting medical treatment you don't do go to sleep hand signal

Not rocket science or anything its called being a decent human being something Kayvon Thibodeaux isn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back