NFL 2022 NFL - Week 17 (thread will be closed if not respectful)

Remove this Banner Ad

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 30 @ 12:15 PM
Dallas at Tennessee LIVE

MONDAY, JANUARY 2 @ 5:00 AM
Arizona at Atlanta
Carolina at Tampa Bay
Chicago at Detroit
Cleveland at Washington
Denver at Kansas City
Indianapolis at New York Giants LIVE
Jacksonville at Houston
Miami at New England LIVE
New Orleans at Philadelphia LIVE

MONDAY, JANUARY 2 @ 8:05 AM
New York Jets at Seattle LIVE
San Francisco at Las Vegas

MONDAY, JANUARY 2 @ 8:25 AM
Los Angeles Rams at Los Angeles Chargers
Minnesota at Green Bay LIVE

MONDAY, JANUARY 2 @ 12:20 PM
Pittsburgh at Baltimore LIVE

TUESDAY, JANUARY 3 @ 12:30 PM
Buffalo at Cincinnati LIVE

AUSTRALIAN T.V. GAMES
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 12.20 PM ON 30/12: Dallas at Tennessee
LIVE ON 7MATE AT 5.00 AM ON 2/1: New Orleans at Philadelphia
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 5.00 AM ON 2/1: Miami at New England
LIVE ON ESPN2/KAYO AT 5.00 AM ON 2/1: Indianapolis at New York Giants

LIVE ON 7MATE AT 8.05 AM ON 2/1: New York Jets at Seattle
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 8.25 AM ON 2/1: Minnesota at Green Bay
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 12.20 PM ON 2/1: Pittsburgh at Baltimore
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 12.30 PM ON 3/1: Buffalo at Cincinnati

LIVE ON watchESPN AT 5:00 AM on 2/1: NFL RedZone

NB: VIC, NSW, TAS times
less 30 mins SA, NT
less 1 hour QLD
less 1.5 hours NT
less 3 hours WA

Last edited:
dont look up Hamlin's name on twitter and go to recent. its starting to get filled with anti-vax campaigners.
They are absolute trash people of the lowest order. I remember when a couple of teens died here. Some Anti Vaxxers would message their parents privately on social media asking questions about their death. Trying to convince the parents that it was from the Covid shot, and to side with their anti vax cause. Naturally they got told to F off. Another time they used anothers death to push their agenda, only to cop a wave of abuse from family and friends who pointed out the said person had not been vaxed at all, they did not even bother to apologize. And also used another person who already had a pre existing heat condition from years back, that had high risk of future problems regardless of any vaccine.

Pretty sick behavior if you're going to the lengths to harass people who had lost loved ones just hours or days after they passed. Every single death now mentioned anywhere, there is always at least one idiot screaming it was the Vax. They act like Heart Attacks in sport were never a thing, despite the fact I'm pretty sure it is the number one cause of death on field for athletes going back for decades. Even if it gets pointed out someone had previous heart history, they ignore the point and keep running with their beliefs. For a group that claim to know so much about everything, how little they actually know about science, medicine etc.

Last edited:
Hope Hamlin will be ok

I watched a doctor explain the hit and how it could happen and the first thing I thought of was Bruce Lee Inch Punch - apparently the doctor said it was a fluke timing issue where his heart was in one moment it couldnt recover when it got hit

Just a shocking turn of events

Whilst what happened is very rare, it can happen. Getting hit with a shock wave from a bomb, a small electric shock, blunt force from even a minor car accident. All can cause a disruption of the hearts rhythm and general function. That is why they say if you get electrocuted badly, but am still able to walk away. Go to hospital anyway, so they can monitor your hearts rate. If the rhythm is out of synch, they can set it correctly to avoid any potential issues that may lead to an attack or arrest.

I have played the sport at local level before, and I have placed many tackles that have left the sternum sore or bruised over time. Just takes the right amount of force and angle to get hurt, even if it does not look like much from the outside.

Last edited:

Any chance they could move this to next week have week 18 the week after and not have the week off between the conference championships and super bowl if need be?
This is what I guessed would happen.

Very, very unlikely. the broadcasters would already have everything scheduled all the way up to the Super Bowl
I think they would be happy to make the change if the NFL insisted on it given it's the biggest thing on TV

This is what I guessed would happen.

I think they would be happy to make the change if the NFL insisted on it given it's the biggest thing on TV

Yea I don't see the issue, all the games for week 18 would still be in the same place, not like thats putting anyone out really, setup for games the same they just have an extra week to do it.No playoff games have been decided so that's not putting anyone out. Superbowl stays the same date for people who have purchased tickets. It's pretty good given what's happened. They had to deal with more ******* round during covid and made it work.

Any chance they could move this to next week have week 18 the week after and not have the week off between the conference championships and super bowl if need be?
They did this with 9-11 when that happened.

They did this with 9-11 when that happened.

That kind of impacted every team though. I can't see them vacating an entire week when there's nothing impacting upon 14 of the games being played. It's such a monumental logistical impact.

True but they also moved the games back like 4 months not 1 week
They put the games into the vacant week in the season and kept the Super Bowl on the same day.

There were covid reschedulings that were one week ahead
But still the Super Bowl never changed its date it was scheduled to be played

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some interesting tidbits, list of rescheduled abd canceled games since 1933. I havent scrolled thru, wonder if any have been rescheduled after already starting...

I wonder if they will start the game from scratch should they not cancel it entirely? Or if they will resume from the time and scoreline the game stopped?
Bengals were up 7-3, and looking good on possession to go 14-3 up when the game came to an end from what I saw.

As someone suggested before. Cannot see why they cannot move the playoffs one week ahead, scrap the two week layoff before the superbowl, and play it as a lone game after week 18. The game still has playoff implications. So whether the league chose to issue no points, or split the points should they cancel it fully, it can still impact overall playoff standings. Will be a hard one for the league to balance out.

I wonder if they will start the game from scratch should they not cancel it entirely? Or if they will resume from the time and scoreline the game stopped?
Bengals were up 7-3, and looking good on possession to go 14-3 up when the game came to an end from what I saw.
Thats what im most curious about. Havent read that wiki page to see if its ever happened before, rescheduling a game after its already started and whether they continue on from where it was or start anew.

Reading some of the deleted posts. Some of the blow ins really need to take a look at themselves.

But thankfully the regulars have handled this with the respect it deserves and we haven't had the video reposted over and over.

Thank you everyone. And I'm glad that Hamlin is doing better and hope he continues to improve. Even if he never plays again.

Life is bigger than the game we love.

The NFL could move games back a week. Because of the week off between championship weekend and superbowl Sunday. But it will make the Superbowl week logical nightmare for the teams.

I think one scenario is to try and play week 18 as scheduled and move the bye to what would of been Wild card weekend and pick up this game that weekend. Not sure if they will restart from scratch or pick it up from 5mins left in the 1st Q

Splitting the points undermines the entire season. May as well call it all off if they do that.

(Cue the lols)

And it punishes Buffalo.

Unless its the players choice, it absolutely should not happen.

Call a tie fairest way. Just bad luck unfortunately. Makes it harder to reschedule with final week coming up otherwise they could have replayed Thursday and maybe play their following games Mon or Tues.

Fairest to whom? It hurts both teams, and gifts the AFC to Kansas City.

Imagine the image of Buffalo rallying through this and fighting on into the playoffs, only to have their season end on the road in the AFC championship game, with this being the only reason they're on the road.

They shouldn't do it.

Fairest to whom? It hurts both teams, and gifts the AFC to Kansas City.

Imagine the image of Buffalo rallying through this and fighting on into the playoffs, only to have their season end on the road in the AFC championship game, with this being the only reason they're on the road.

They shouldn't do it.
Pretty sure splitting points would also cost the Ravens a shot at the Div title and a better playoff run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back