NFL 2022 NFL - Week 17 (thread will be closed if not respectful)

Remove this Banner Ad

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 30 @ 12:15 PM
Dallas at Tennessee LIVE

MONDAY, JANUARY 2 @ 5:00 AM
Arizona at Atlanta
Carolina at Tampa Bay
Chicago at Detroit
Cleveland at Washington
Denver at Kansas City
Indianapolis at New York Giants LIVE
Jacksonville at Houston
Miami at New England LIVE
New Orleans at Philadelphia LIVE

MONDAY, JANUARY 2 @ 8:05 AM
New York Jets at Seattle LIVE
San Francisco at Las Vegas

MONDAY, JANUARY 2 @ 8:25 AM
Los Angeles Rams at Los Angeles Chargers
Minnesota at Green Bay LIVE

MONDAY, JANUARY 2 @ 12:20 PM
Pittsburgh at Baltimore LIVE

TUESDAY, JANUARY 3 @ 12:30 PM
Buffalo at Cincinnati LIVE

AUSTRALIAN T.V. GAMES
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 12.20 PM ON 30/12: Dallas at Tennessee
LIVE ON 7MATE AT 5.00 AM ON 2/1: New Orleans at Philadelphia
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 5.00 AM ON 2/1: Miami at New England
LIVE ON ESPN2/KAYO AT 5.00 AM ON 2/1: Indianapolis at New York Giants

LIVE ON 7MATE AT 8.05 AM ON 2/1: New York Jets at Seattle
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 8.25 AM ON 2/1: Minnesota at Green Bay
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 12.20 PM ON 2/1: Pittsburgh at Baltimore
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 12.30 PM ON 3/1: Buffalo at Cincinnati

LIVE ON watchESPN AT 5:00 AM on 2/1: NFL RedZone

NB: VIC, NSW, TAS times
less 30 mins SA, NT
less 1 hour QLD
less 1.5 hours NT
less 3 hours WA

Last edited:
No new news on Hamiin that I can find, just same, critical condition. :(

As for the schedule, seems week 18 is going ahead as per scheduled. This game will be played at a later date if it is.

As for the schedule, seems week 18 is going ahead as per scheduled. This game will be played at a later date if it is.
The NFL said in a statement Tuesday afternoon that the game will not be resumed this week and that no decision has been made regarding playing the remainder of it at a later date

The NFL said in a statement Tuesday afternoon that the game will not be resumed this week and that no decision has been made regarding playing the remainder of it at a later date

Thats what I said, it wont be played this week, "This game will be played at a later date if it is."

First thing looked at when I woke up. Pretty delicate situation to try navigate through for the nfl. With one week to go and also which game it effected being one of big playoff implications.

Think they’ve done the smart thing. Lot of moving parts trying to change a whole week slate of games this week. Gives the nfl more time to check in on hamlan, think of all scenarios of how games go this week and if they will need to replay it. Nfl hoping for a chiefs loss this week I’m assuming and a bengals win? Would that mean top seed buffalo and Cincinnati nfc north crown? But would that mean Cincinnati would be a shot at top seed with a win over buffalo?

You would think using up the week off before the Super Bowl is the best solution

Mike Brown, the Bills, the NFL, Hamlin's family, and many others have released statements today of love and support. Tom Brady, Mike Tomlin, etc. Mike Florio dedicating his live show to Hamlin-only talk. Skip Bayless turned up for his show to apologize for his tweet, Shannon Sharpe took the day off. The NFL has canceled media day today. Etc around the league.

First thing looked at when I woke up. Pretty delicate situation to try navigate through for the nfl. With one week to go and also which game it effected being one of big playoff implications.

Think they’ve done the smart thing. Lot of moving parts trying to change a whole week slate of games this week. Gives the nfl more time to check in on hamlan, think of all scenarios of how games go this week and if they will need to replay it. Nfl hoping for a chiefs loss this week I’m assuming and a bengals win? Would that mean top seed buffalo and Cincinnati nfc north crown? But would that mean Cincinnati would be a shot at top seed with a win over buffalo?

You would think using up the week off before the Super Bowl is the best solution

Its a mind *. Very delicate situation as you said. You'll upset people no matter which way you go. I think the best way to go about things is to ask the Bills what they want to do as STO has said. Let them decide. Forfeit or play. Play week 18's games and give the Bills a chance to think it over.

Move the playoffs to a week later? That would mean no 1 seed gets two weeks in a row without football..first playoff would be first game in three weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fairest to whom? It hurts both teams, and gifts the AFC to Kansas City.

Imagine the image of Buffalo rallying through this and fighting on into the playoffs, only to have their season end on the road in the AFC championship game, with this being the only reason they're on the road.

They shouldn't do it.
But what’s the better solution? There’s just no viable way to play the game without putting both teams at a disadvantage with shortened week.

Crazy, Dane Jackson, Damar's childhood friend it says under that interview, I thought the worst when Dane Jackson got injured early in the season. His neck bent back to where I thought he was paralysed at a minimum. Hopefully there is a miracle recovery for Hamlin also.

Move the playoffs to a week later? That would mean no 1 seed gets two weeks in a row without football..first playoff would be first game in three weeks.

I don’t think this late in the season you can have a mid week game anywhere. Disadvantage the sides way to much compared to another week off for a top seed

Its a mind *. Very delicate situation as you said. You'll upset people no matter which way you go. I think the best way to go about things is to ask the Bills what they want to do as STO has said. Let them decide. Forfeit or play. Play week 18's games and give the Bills a chance to think it over.

Think you’ll get buffalo with the mindset of we’ll play and beat anyone anywhere if they lost a potential 1st seed because of not playing the game.

Just kind of asterisks the situation a bit. Like I said cincinatti could have had a 1st seed potentially and not probably 3. Kansas city could end up with the 1st seed and if they did progress will always have an asterisk in regards to a home afc champ game if it came to that. Just unfortunate but also the league and world has to move on without trying to be insensitive

cursed field.
Not entirely true tho....Foles' injury was just as bad, so was Alex Smith's and Joe Theisman's...the latter two happening on the same field too i think. Dak also had a bad break there? Fields of play are going to see their share of bad injuries over time. Still, four there in Cinci is a bad trend

Think you’ll get buffalo with the mindset of we’ll play and beat anyone anywhere if they lost a potential 1st seed because of not playing the game.

Just kind of asterisks the situation a bit. Like I said cincinatti could have had a 1st seed potentially and not probably 3. Kansas city could end up with the 1st seed and if they did progress will always have an asterisk in regards to a home afc champ game if it came to that. Just unfortunate but also the league and world has to move on without trying to be insensitive

The Bengals dont deserve a tie. Not only was it a home game but they were leading 7-3 at the time and driving. Sucks that the Bengals are put in a situation like this where they can only be seen as having heart if they accept a tie when they handled the situation with class yesterday.

Some things are bigger than the game itself and that's why the game didn't continue out of respect for the situation.

There is no right answer to what happens with the game now and anything that happens from now on will be to the advantage of some teams and the disadvantage of others.

I will be surprised if they decide to finish the game on a stand alone weekend without any other games and I do not see them moving the date of the super bowl.

Without too much thought I would call it a tie and both teams would probably be content and have no fear playing the Chiefs at arrowhead.

Whatever is decided it will impact elsewhere.

I don't envy the NFL at all.

Just a quick nuffy look without study I wonder if week 18 is played as scheduled and if any win/loss/tie still impacts position the game is replayed .

tl;dr if playing the game doesn't change ladder why play?

Some things are bigger than the game itself and that's why the game didn't continue out of respect for the situation.

There is no right answer to what happens with the game now and anything that happens from now on will be to the advantage of some teams and the disadvantage of others.

I will be surprised if they decide to finish the game on a stand alone weekend without any other games and I do not see them moving the date of the super bowl.

Without too much thought I would call it a tie and both teams would probably be content and have no fear playing the Chiefs at arrowhead.

Think this will be the outcome also

Remove this Banner Ad

Back