Social Cats Chat about Our Pets

Is your Pet a Geelong Cats supporter?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

yeh I found it interesting searching the logos and wanted to share them but I have no idea what type of cat is it, doesn't look like a domestic breed but more of a wild cougar or something

changes every decade or so it seems

Geelong2008Logo1.jpg

^^^ my favourite - the stalking cat!

Floyd 'money' Mayweather are you a Geelong Cats supporter? He is gorgeous jarrod87

yeh I found it interesting searching the logos and wanted to share them but I have no idea what type of cat is it, doesn't look like a domestic breed but more of a wild cougar or something

Hahaha- when you think about it we are probably the most undefined mascot of the league?

Us and those spaz's that have "human" mascots.

footscore you still havent answered my question.. just shown me a whole lot of pics of our mascots. :D:p

According to Pivotonian

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/origin-of-geelong-colours.1004063/#post-28118471

The idea seems to have stemmed from a Collingwood-Hawthorn Reserves match a month ago, in which the arrival of a black cat among the players at 3/4 time suddenly had them playing well and winning the game.
The Herald cartoonist Sam Well took up the idea , with a cartoon suggesting the a black cat might help Geelong against Carlton. It did. After loosing 5 of 7 matches , Geelong beat Carlton 13.15 (93) to 13.10 (98)*.
Now there are Cats replicas all around the club and "Carn the Pivots" is mingled with cries of Carn the Cats"

My boys,Arnie & Archie in their backyard enclosure

arniearchieoncathouse11.jpg

Got them from GAWS around 3 years ago

and my entertaining budgie Fizz,who loves surfing on his spinning mirror.Suprisingly he's lasted nearly 6 years.

The purple bird in the bottom is Wizz,but she died a few years ago.
Yes Wizz & Fizz.That's what happen when you let a 10 year old niece name them.Wizz's replacement was named Caramel.Why ?
Because when I asked my niece to pick her name she was eating a caramel chocolate.

fizzswing2.jpg

Just voted. From the way my dogs react to feral cats who dare to come into my paddocks, I don't think they're cats fans at all. But they love to chase magpies so they're not all bad.

I win this thread (if its a competition) as I have had to return to living back with my mum after returning from overseas till I find work in Melbourne.

She currently has:
8 cats - Gary (I named that one), Charlie, Audrey, Holly, Mouse, Jess, Chloe, Oscar
2 dogs - Bear and Rove (Yes, named after rove mcmanus but we saved him from a shelter and was already trained to respond to the name Rove. I blame the previous owners)
2 rats - (did have 3 but Charlie the cat got hungry)
Fish - 10 goldfish, 5 guppies, 4 large tropical snails

TO answer your questions (I presume I might get asked the below as I always seem to be asked these questions):
- Yes, I am currently living in a zoo.
- No, I do not like living with 8 cats. I like them individually but not as a group
- Yes, the cat hair is damn frustrating and is EVERYWHERE
- No, the cats usually dont eat the fish or rats - they are all friends.
- Possibly - my mum may or may not be a hoarder, but in her defence she used to be a vet and all the animals she owns have been saved from death row at shelters etc etc or found in horrid, disgusting conditions and saved. Except for the fish.
- About double - in my 24 years I (and when I say that I mean my mum as I refuse to be part of the animal circus) have lived with a total of 13 cats, 6 dogs, bout 50 fish, 8 rats, 6 birds, 5 hermit crabs, 4tropical snails and probably some other animals I have forgotten. Enough animals for a life time. And I really gotta find a job soon so I can move back out of home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I win this thread (if its a competition) as I have had to return to living back with my mum after returning from overseas till I find work in Melbourne.

She currently has:
8 cats - Gary (I named that one), Charlie, Audrey, Holly, Mouse, Jess, Chloe, Oscar
Is it hairless and chases coins you drop ?

Back