BigFooty NBA Fantasy League 2013/14 (Season 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
Brah's it is that time of the year again!! Time for some fantasy basketball.

The draft will be held on a similar date to last years.

Sunday the 6th October at 2:00pm (AEST)
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20131005T23&p1=179&p2=152

Like previous years the draft order is randomized an hour prior to the Draft.

With much discussion I've changed the scoring to Roto

rotisserie scoring, the real-life statistics accumulated by the players on a team are aggregated and ranked against the same statistics for the other teams in the league. Fantasy points are earned based on these rankings. For example, in a twelve-team league, the team with the highest number of rebounds over the course of the season to date would be awarded twelve fantasy points. The team with the next highest number of rebounds would be awarded eleven fantasy points, and so on, with the team with the fewest number of rebounds being awarded a single fantasy point. For negative categories like fouls or turnovers, the team with the fewest statistics are awarded the most fantasy points. This is done for all categories counted by the particular league. The team with the highest number of fantasy points at the end of the season is the winner.
Rotisserie scoring encourages balance on the team's roster. Winning the rebounds category by one rebound or by one thousand rebounds counts the same, while winning the steals category by one steal and the assists category by one assist is worth twice as many points as winning the single rebounding category by one thousand rebounds. Successful teams must fare well in several categories to win in rotisserie leagues.

I have increased the league to 20 teams while also increasing everyone's bench by 1. We now have 5 starters and 4 bench players. (I'm up for suggestions prior to the start if you have any)

1. SilverScope (SAC)
2. [B]krayfesh[/B] (OKC)
3. copthat (LAL)
4. Lockyer24 - (MIA)
5. [B]flaps[/B] (??)
6. Latro - (DAL)
7. Gus Poyet
8. Absolute Gun -(FLEM)
9. Footypie32
10. [B]Gee Dub[/B] -(BEST)
12. Forthwrite - (FORT)
13. Tygan - (TDD)
14. Drummer_19 (PHI)
16. Arkie - (ALT)
17. Cameron K - (HOU)
18. nbaman1- (??)
19. Vital Dread - (VEM)
20. deeman87 - (GSW)

Bolded is confirmed for next year, please reply to this thread if you are still keen.
Also if you're interested in joining just PM me your e-mail. There are 3 spots available, first in best dressed.

2 SPOTS ARE STILL OPEN !

League Page is here: http://games.espn.go.com/fba/leagueoffice?leagueId=115613

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will there be a IRL spot available?

Is anyone up for an 8 man draft based around the Auction Draft system? Also thinking should put some coin on the line? Like $15-20 entry? Anyone interested?

Yeah I'd probably be up for that.

The draft is this Sunday. Are we going with 18 players?

And any other rules discussions required?

That's the fun of roto imo.

The last guy on your roster can be just as important as the first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back