Past #43: Sam Gibson - #63 '12 RD - 130 consec. NM games (club record) - NM --> ADL for pk91 '17 ND

Remove this Banner Ad

He has a similar running capacity/skill set to Brady Rawlings, he can also accumulate like B.R did.

He adds alot but he needs to get rid of his VFL tunnel vision and also play to his strengths. He has 36 touches but should have had 13 kicks 23 handballs and not the other way around. He is very ordinary at finding someone by foot that more than 25m away. All he wants to do is kick it long and he doesn't have great penetration on his kicks.

There were quite a few cases where he kicked rather than giving it to someone with better disposal and butchered it to no one.
Another example was he wanted flash to handball to him and flash actually had to tell him to shepherd after bounce 6......Twice he should have given it to Atley running through and just burnt him....

Look he played very well against a very poor side but don't be getting carried away by him just yet. If your turning the ball over against Melbourne then god help you when we play Swans, Hawks and Co......

Wrong.

You only need to watch the first 10 mins to watch him hit up a loose man (Bastinac). The whole team was kicking it blindly inside 50 after that.
I think he is a better kick than hes shown the last couple of weeks, at least going inside 50.

I would rather be on the end of his passing than LA's thats for sure.

I think he is a better kick than hes shown the last couple of weeks, at least going inside 50.

I would rather be on the end of his passing than LA's thats for sure.

The reality is we absolutely need LA and Gibbo in the side for our spread, but until they can spot and hit targets regularly inside forward 50, we'll be a be a 5-8 side. I hope they improve that element of their game sooner rather than later as the draw and injury goods have really shined on us this year. We can be the finals wildcard.

First of all, huge plaudits to our recruiters for noticing and drafting this guy, and then to the man himself for cementing his place in the side. Had a great season, and today against Collingwood, took 11 marks, probably all of them after running into space and providing the option when it seemed no-one else would.

His disposal has improved as well. Hugely vital to our side and a lock in our best 22 at the moment. :thumbsu:

Agree on both counts OP, having said that, they had a dip with gut runners like Norris and Sierra too.

I will take my hat off, my shirt, my pants and both socks off, when we draft an elite runner with a 65m bullet, pace of the mark, wins it inside and out, and plays with reckless abandonment for his own well being.

What's Lmac's endurance like? :D

Last qtr, under 5 mins left takes a mark on the outer wing, two kicks later takes a mark on the opposite side of the ground. Guy is a huge worker, must admit i was a doubter but he has improved alot in the second half of the year. Well done Gibbo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last qtr, under 5 mins left takes a mark on the outer wing, two kicks later takes a mark on the opposite side of the ground. Guy is a huge worker, must admit i was a doubter but he has improved alot in the second half of the year. Well done Gibbo.

Spot on mate, I was just about to post the exact same thing. His work rate is ridiculous.

When I saw our guys buggered late in the 2nd quarter, he was the one still running into space. Kudos Sam Gibson. Important cog in the machine.

he ran at 90% disposal efficiency today,

there was one pass into the fwd line when it looked like he hesitated and placed it between 2 available players, i think it was black and LT,

he also took 10 marks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back