Big 4 superclash - Richmond v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah agree. MCG looked fantastic with the full house and the blue sky spring day. And the roar at the end of the anthem came through loud and clear on the tv which is actually something that rarely happens. Must have been a fantastic atmosphere at the ground.

are you sure you're not a Tigers fan? Never had any an "opposition" fan be such a booster for the Tigers...

Just stick to your 5 bays of Carlton supporters. You were an embarrassment lol. We made you look like an interstate team in the stands. We'll start beating you very soon and it'll satisfy millions around the country when we crap on you twice a year

Lol.
You noise was deafening when Garlett kicked that goal with a minute to go.

I quite like the Tigers. It's a shame Kevin Bartlett's incessant stupidity makes me feel such hatred towards them.

Hearing his whinge about the umpires on the Radio today and calling for an inquiry into the game was just the saddest, most bitter thing I've ever experienced.

People are missing the point.

Yesterday football was the winner for me.

Carlton won an incredible contest with an atmosphere that rivals the greatest in the 115 year history in the AFL. One of the greatest crowds of all time. The best live atmosphere I have ever experienced in my life.

95,000 people have a laugh, a great time and 99.99% of them went home either happy or sad, but not regrettful of anything.

Yes Richmond had more supporters, but Carlton had a large contingency there. The place went off went Maric, Judd, Garlett traded goals, I kind of wished we continued to wrestle the lead back a couple of times for a real epic last few minutes, but overall the experience was unbelievable, both teams are better for that experience and most importantly, the afl community always rave about the different flavour Richmond could add to the finals and there it was, for everyone to see. An atmosphere that even Carlton supporters would admit dwaft any Collingwood games they've ever watched on TV.

Last night was epic, there always has to be a winner and a loser. In 1995 and 2001 Richmond made finals, won, and lost and never returned. If we're to be good, we will take this experience and learn from it and make back to back finals for the first time in over 30 years.

Goodluck to Carlton too, bloody brilliant and a big, proud, powerful club, it's good to see them up and about. They deserve their spot in the 8 after yesterday. :thumbsu:

I quite like the Tigers. It's a shame Kevin Bartlett's incessant stupidity makes me feel such hatred towards them.

Hearing his whinge about the umpires on the Radio today and calling for an inquiry into the game was just the saddest, most bitter thing I've ever experienced.

I'm sick of KB's crap too it's getting boring, but he's just trolling Carlton and their supporters - he doesn't mean any of it, it's just a piss take and it sucks Blues supporters like you in. It's all tongue in cheek.

He's doing it for radio ratings.

Was there yesterday enjoying finals footy at it's finest, for all the positives the interstate teams bring to the game there isn't anything like a clash between the big 4 like we had yesterday. Apparently Matthews said it felt the closest thing to a Grand Final. This seemingly arising from the air of celebration that accompanied the tiger army and their return to the Finals. Having never been to a GF i now have a new personal benchmark for atmosphere and intensity combined.

Being there watching Carlton win is still eating me alive given my soft spot for the Tigers due to family ties. But at the end of the day footy won, a brilliant contest of old rivals and something we see less of come finals time in the modern era.

Was there yesterday enjoying finals footy at it's finest, for all the positives the interstate teams bring to the game there isn't anything like a clash between the big 4 like we had yesterday. Apparently Matthews said it felt the closest thing to a Grand Final. This seemingly arising from the air of celebration that accompanied the tiger army and their return to the Finals. Having never been to a GF i now have a new personal benchmark for atmosphere and intensity combined.

Being there watching Carlton win is still eating me alive given my soft spot for the Tigers due to family ties. But at the end of the day footy won, a brilliant contest of old rivals and something we see less of come finals time in the modern era.

Very well said mate.
Had a very old school tribal vibe about it.

I wish carlton had a "yellow and black" moment in our song - was brilliant hearing it in the crowd on the weekend. I would have hung around if we lost, just to hear it.

Ahhh the Tigers bravado came back and bit them hard.
Pity the tigers where shown to be toothless - the writing was on the wall, Richmond simply can't beat us, but the Richmond boys harked on about irrelevant fonals record and forgot the clear fact that, we have the wood over you.

Media did build us up to exploding point including KB with his 96 point prediction.:D
Hardly anything was mentioned about Carlton by the media.
We were the hunted and Carlton were the hunter.
Also getting 8th spot as a bonus,Carlton had nothing to lose.

Richmond players will learn though in time how to deal with the pressure of a big final.
A lot of Carlton players especially Judd have been there and done that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Media did build us up to exploding point including KB with his 96 point prediction.:D
Hardly anything was mentioned about Carlton by the media.
We were the hunted and Carlton were the hunter.
Also getting 8th spot as a bonus,Carlton had nothing to lose.

Richmond players will learn though in time how to deal with the pressure of a big final.
A lot of Carlton players especially Judd have been there and done that.

Lets hope next year we meet in a qualifying final instead, so we are both alive regardless of the outcome.

Another thing I forgot because I have been down in the mouth about the loss is when the national anthem was played,everyone sang it.
Not many people do but where I was it was fantastic then the massive roar afterwards.
The closest thing to a grand final in the modern era for us Tiger fans.

Can't wait to watch the lads play in a real one.

I wish carlton had a "yellow and black" moment in our song - was brilliant hearing it in the crowd on the weekend. I would have hung around if we lost, just to hear it.
singing the theme song while the boys were in the rooms singing it on the big screen was pretty awesome, hope they could hear us!

Carlton's song is the sound of doom. It was the 1982 GF all over again, walking out the gate at the finish.

How good was that moment during the national anthem when the music stopped for a few seconds! You could actually hear how loud the crowd was singing.

He's just joking. It's funny most of the time. Getting old though.

He's just joking. It's funny most of the time. Getting old though.
Its like re-runs of mash, once upon a time it was great but after the same old jokes day in day out its now just occasionally funny. For KBs sake i hope he gives up up. Im a Tiger supporter and i find it stupid.

Carlton's song is the sound of doom. It was the 1982 GF all over again, walking out the gate at the finish.
Snuck in a few sneaky "Da Dada Dada's" when we were coming back in that third quarter - with 5 minutes to go in the last, it caught on to a full song.

Amazing day, apart from the result, the atmosphere was just brilliant all day.
Even though we lost it was just great to experience the day.

The noise at times was brilliant from both sets of supporters.

I was up the Ponsford stand end and the Blues fans were going berserk late in the game, and good on `em.

Great experience for our players and I hope we can be back next year.

Just stick to your 5 bays of Carlton supporters. You were an embarrassment lol. We made you look like an interstate team in the stands. We'll start beating you very soon and it'll satisfy millions around the country when we crap on you twice a year
I hope this comforts you over the next 6 months.

Meanwhile, we'll take this under advisement for our trip to Sydney this weekend :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back