Big 4 superclash - Richmond v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true I can't see them winning many games at all. Probably 5-8.

Hopefully we are still good when they're ready to challenge for the flag
Yet to be officially confirmed, but im led to believe Richmonds final ladder position is 7th (the Pies 8th) and the Commission meeting (the Essendon saga one) also on the agenda was the fixturing and it was agreed that the top 6 will be grouped in the hardest bracket.

singing the theme song while the boys were in the rooms singing it on the big screen was pretty awesome, hope they could hear us!

That was great to be a part of that moment.
Never seen anything like that in all the years I have been going to the footy.

If this is true I can't see them winning many games at all. Probably 5-8.

Hopefully we are still good when they're ready to challenge for the flag

Should still manage to beat Richmond twice (like we have the last 6 years).

Funny how Tigers suporters talk up their improvement when their average losing margin has increased so dramatically this season. Bunch of soft front runners playing bruise free footy.

Funny how Tigers suporters talk up their improvement when their average losing margin has increased so dramatically this season. Bunch of soft front runners playing bruise free footy.

Very soft team. I warned them that their bruise free football that focused on uncontested possession and low tackle numbers would fall apart when the finals came around.

15 wins (half a game off top 4) and wins against the Dockers and Hawks + an Elim final appearance. I would've taken this at the start of the season.

Yet to be officially confirmed, but im led to believe Richmonds final ladder position is 7th (the Pies 8th) and the Commission meeting (the Essendon saga one) also on the agenda was the fixturing and it was agreed that the top 6 will be grouped in the hardest bracket.
As North Melbourne, Essendon, & yourselves have found, getting into the finals on the back of a softer fixture doesn't really do you too many favors come September. It is no coincidence the teams that generally play off in the GF have had a tougher fixture. Nothing prepares a team for finals footy like having to beat the best consistently to get there in the first place.

We are your bunnies, there's no denying that. But, you haven't beaten Hawthorn since 2005 and we beat them all the time. You also lost to Footscray and St Kilda this year. You can't beat anyone but Richmond.

Means nothing and it will change anyway.

As North Melbourne, Essendon, & yourselves have found, getting into the finals on the back of a softer fixture doesn't really do you too many favors come September. It is no coincidence the teams that generally play off in the GF have had a tougher fixture. Nothing prepares a team for finals footy like having to beat the best consistently to get there in the first place.
And thats one of the reasons were were underdone on Sunday as our 2 lead up games against GWS and Essendon were as soft as butter,

Earlier in the thread to a few Richmond supporters. Told them that Carlton was heavily focused on contested possessions and one on one football while Richmond relied on uncontested possession and zone football which always fails during football unless your Freo.
By the tone of your post it was like you warned the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are your bunnies, there's no denying that. But, you haven't beaten Hawthorn since 2005 and we beat them all the time. You also lost to Footscray and St Kilda this year. You can't beat anyone but Richmond.

Means nothing and it will change anyway.

Beat every single mid table side this year including North who smashed you guys by 60 points.

Lol Tiger fans hoping for another soft draw, but that's ok let them get a soft draw and make the finals again only for it to fall apart in the hard, tough, pressure cooker finals games, lets see how Martin and Jack stand up, or are we going to get more excuses about how Jack was injured but yet played all over the ground?

Beat every single mid table side this year including North who smashed you guys by 60 points.

You had a bad season. You're just lucky you finished 9th and got bumped up because of the drug cheats and then got to play your bunnies.

Lol Tiger fans hoping for another soft draw, but that's ok let them get a soft draw and make the finals again only for it to fall apart in the hard, tough, pressure cooker finals games, lets see how Martin and Jack stand up, or are we going to get more excuses about how Jack was injured but yet played all over the ground?

Soft draw? Not really... We beat the prem favourites and 3rd placed Freo anyway. We had a great season and exceeded all our fans expectations for this year.

You had a soft draw, so what you beat the Hawks you beat them most times and I always tip the Tigers against the Hawks, but it's ok as soft draws won't help your team in finals. a lot of people have criticized Carlton for being soft front runners including me, but geez Richmond are very soft, too many so called "elite" players who go missing when the heat is on. At least at Carlton over the last 4 weeks I have seen a mentally stronger Carlton team and I am enjoying it.

The whole bunnies excuse is lame RG. Its very rare for a side to be successful if they can't shake off their bogey teams.

There's plenty of time for that and we did beat you in Round 1. It's a bit like you guys and Hawthorn who have a similar game style to us. We are still inexperienced though.

You had a soft draw, so what you beat the Hawks you beat them most times and I always tip the Tigers against the Hawks, but it's ok as soft draws won't help your team in finals. a lot of people have criticized Carlton for being soft front runners including me, but geez Richmond are very soft, too many so called "elite" players who go missing when the heat is on. At least at Carlton over the last 4 weeks I have seen a mentally stronger Carlton team and I am enjoying it.

Enjoy it while you can because the rebuild starts soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back