Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - North v Carlton Good Friday Appeal Game March 29th 4:20pm AEDT (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 40 57.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Expected loss.

Unsurprisingly the floggish comments flowed thick and fast.

It makes me wonder what sort of dickhead thinks that abusing people in a public forum is a wise use of their time? My ignore button got a good workout today.

As a neutral supporter that is only watching this game as there is nothing else to do on Good Friday, my only take away thought is….

The 3 umpires that gave officiated this game should never by allowed anywhere near an AFL field of play again.
Too many free kicks for sure like 1 of 8 goals early on wasn't from a free kick lost track after that

Umps deserve a gatorade shower for that performance

Arguably best on ground
Yeah for sure Umps dont get involved you guys win for sure…. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️😍

Curnow exaggerates contact a lot, the rest is fair North let McKay walk for a compo pick.
I actually reckon the Curnow frees are the most uncontroversial from today

But, so many midfield frees given today are oftentimes ignored - moreover many iffy trees weren’t given to North

A lot of HTB calls were hot today, and given both ways

Don’t think it was umpired well

2017 lost to WB by 3 points
2018 beat StK by 52 points
2019 lost to Ess by 58 points
2021 lost to WB by 128 points
2022 lost to WB by 68 points
2023 lost to Carl by 23 points
2024 lost to Carl by 56 points

A brilliant day for a brilliant cause, owned by a club that gutlessly rolls over at any sign of adversity. Good Friday deserves more than this.

A brilliant day for a brilliant cause, owned by a club that gutlessly rolls over at any sign of adversity. Good Friday deserves more than this.
Damning evidence that we need another 3-4 priority picks

Don't like Carlton, never have.
Suddenly they are the media darlings so I have to hear about them all the time when i couldn't care less.
Not our fault we are not minnows and tin rattlers with save our club slogans asking for 50c hand outs from strangers at traffic lights on Punt road so we can even field a team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would I be annoyed by the umpiring if it were against Carlton?

Simple answer, yeah

All the trees were there but generally speaking you don’t see every free kick that’s there paid. A lot is ignored in the average game. North were stiffed a bit.
It's not just the frees paid against, it's also that they wouldn't pay htb our way, called a clear handball from Simpkin htb, Carlton getting away with a throw we get pinged for one + 50m penalty.

Makes you almost question following the sport with umpiring like that.

Not our fault we are not minnows and tin rattlers with save our club slogans asking for 50c hand outs from strangers at traffic lights on Punt road so we can even field a team.
I don't know if you're joking, but we have won 2x flags since your last

Carlton are a minnow. Nobody gets into finals and thinks, "oh jeez, we have the Blues!" lol

Based on that performance the begging isn’t going to stop at the end of the year. That’d be 5 consecutive years of going to the AFL cap in hand asking to be bailed out.

What happened to the shinboner spirit? How sad has this club become.
Spirit got Wishboned.

That said I thought nmfc were better than ok, esp as little went right for them.

Thought the umpiring was interesting to say the least. Looks like the AFL has declared the Blues the equivalent of 2016 Footscray.

I don't know if you're joking, but we have won 2x flags since your last

Carlton are a minnow. Nobody gets into finals and thinks, "oh jeez, we have the Blues!" lol

Really have to hear this s**t again?

Back