Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 1 - Pies v Swans Friday March 15th 7:40pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Swans by a goal or less

• Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Pies by a lot

• Swans by a lot

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Coll-vs-Sydney.png

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 1
COLLINGWOOD V SYDNEY
FRIDAY MARCH 15TH 7:40PM AEDT (M.C.G.)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams
MAGPIES

B: B. Maynard, D. Moore - C, C. Dean
HB: S. Pendlebury, I. Quaynor, J. Howe
C: S. Sidebottom, N. Daicos, J. Daicos
HF: J. Crisp, A. Johnson, B. Mihocek
F: P. Lipinski, J. Elliott, B. McCreery
FOLL: D. Cameron, J. De Goey, L. Schultz

I/C: F. Macrae, B. Hill, W. Hoskin-Elliott, O. Markov, M. Cox
EMG: T. Mitchell, J. Noble, B. Frampton

IN: J. Howe, F. Macrae
OUT: T. Mitchell (Managed), J. Noble (Sub)

SWANS

B: L. Melican, T. McCartin, D. Rampe - C
HB: O. Florent, N. Blakey, J. Lloyd
C: M. Roberts, Ch.Warner, E. Gulden
HF: R. Fox, L. McDonald, I. Heeney
F: T. Papley, H. McLean, W. Hayward
FOLL: B. Grundy, J. Jordon, J. Rowbottom

I/C: H. Cunningham, B. Campbell, J. McInerney, J. Amartey, S. Wicks
EMG: C. Mitchell, P. Ladhams, Co.Warner

No changes

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Collingwood's March to the G' will return for the Club's first home game of the season on Friday night.

Led by Collingwood Board Member and past player Paul Licuria, the 2023 Premiership Flag will be carried from the AIA Vitality Centre to the MCG at 5.35pm, ahead of the flag's official unfurling ceremony during the pre-game.

Last edited:

Think this one just took on a little more importance.

Pies have Brisbane at the Gabba in round 3. The potential to be 1-3 obviously wouldn't be overly disastrous for them but still wouldn't be ideal.

Would think they should be too good for Sydney however and expect them to go to 1-1 on the season.

Pies should win. I’m not salty because of last week, I just think Swans aren’t that good.

Looking forward to Cox v Grundy 😂

honestly Grundy is probably the most important player for the swans given the undersized midfield.

I’m looking forward to seeing Errol strut his stuff in front of some adoring Magpie fans and showing them who the true future GOAT is. Quiet game last week but the young man works in mysterious ways so I daresay he was just saving himself for this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m looking forward to seeing Errol strut his stuff in front of some adoring Magpie fans and showing them who the true future GOAT is. Quiet game last week but the young man works in mysterious ways so I daresay he was just saving himself for this.

Apparently he had a really bad case of the flu a few weeks ago and is still recovering. Hopefully the extra week has helped.

Collingwood are a fast team, very fast. I like fast players.

BUT, an extra 2 day recovery for Swans in context of early season sees them running away with this. Pies are awesome and will be coming hard at the business end of the season, they just look a touch underdone atm but for sure will come good.

Collingwood to bounce back, Craig McRae will be fired up this week.

Pies by 18 points.

I think the biggest story and intrigue of round 1 is whether Sydney can back up their performance next week or whether it was one off event.

If they win, I think we can label them as a genuine flag contender given the difficulty of beating Collingwood at the G. If they lose, and lose badly, then I think they're in for another meh kind of season.

Exactly why there's more interest in this game than the match between the also-rans on Thursday night.

Two potential GOATs doing their thing - a must watch for all genuine football lovers.

Back