Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 2 - Crows v Cats Fri March 22nd 7:40pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or lss

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You know the whole young and s**t > old and good stuff has peaked when the 24 year old Gryan Miers is being talked about as if he's close to the end. 26 touches, 3 goals and 2 assists for Messi tonight.
The narrative has switched from "you're still carried by your 34 year olds" to "well you've got 31 year old Cameron and Stewart but nothing else" to "well 24-26 is still hardly young is it?". Meanwhile Holmes, SDK, O.Henry and Bruhn are tracking along nicely behind them too.

All well and good but half of those players aren't young mate. You've listed a bunch of 25 year olds and then conveniently said 'all under 26'. Not fooling me. Mannagh is an advanced age recruit. Brad Close is 25! Guthrie 25. lol. They've had years to break out. Tell me your true young players 19-22. 23 at an absolute stretch.

Hang on so they’re old? They’re retiring this year are they?

Nope. If that were the metric, I would have included St Kilda in that list too.

Swans will struggle to beat Geelong if it's a final. As good as they look, they still don't have the inside toughness of GWS who look a class above everyone at the minute.
Green (193cm), Callaghan (192cm), Kelly, Coniglio and a remarkable turnaround by Briggs in ruck . . . and unlike Sydney, they also have an abundance of key defenders.

won a flag in 2022 and in 2 off-seasons have drafted with picks 7 + 8 and traded in henry and bruhn without giving up a pick above 21.
I agree. and that's why O'Sullivan is your best youngster automatically. because he's high end. Jhy Clark looks awful early and Bruhn has showed absolutely nothing. He was supposed to break out last year and he was still a fringe player in a team that came 12th. He got subbed 3 times.

Windsor, Pickett, Rivers, Tholstrup (I hold high hopes), McVee, Van Rooyen, Petty and Bowey. Better than Geelong's by a country mile.

Didn't you say young players are "19-22. 23 at an absolute stretch"?

Why then would you include a 24 year old in your list?

Seems a bit silly Danny, even for you.

Didn't you say young players are "19-22. 23 at an absolute stretch"?

Why then would you include a 24 year old in your list?

Seems a bit silly Danny, even for you.
I included Petty because they included 25 year olds, obviously...

I don't consider anyone over 23 as young. By 24, you're at your peak unless you're a skinny ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All well and good but half of those players aren't young mate. You've listed a bunch of 25 year olds and then conveniently said 'all under 26'. Not fooling me. Mannagh is an advanced age recruit. Brad Close is 25! Guthrie 25. lol. They've had years to break out. Tell me your true young players 19-22. 23 at an absolute stretch.

I wasn't talking about breaking out...these players have at least 6-8 years of their career left - if not longer.

Your best players week in and week out are Oliver, Petracca, Gawn, Salem, May and Lever. Add Langdon, Fritsch and Billings, and not one of those are below 26, and only Oliver and Fritsch are below 28.

I'm not getting into it because I just don't care that much. Plenty of players aged 20-25 had fantastic nights tonight. Don't know why you have to sh*t all over our parade, but whatever helps you sleep better I guess.

See ya.

Windsor, Pickett, Rivers, Tholstrup (I hold high hopes), McVee, Van Rooyen, Petty and Bowey. Better than Geelong's by a country mile.

Van rooyen is a B grade version of Membrey.
Bowey should have become a jockey. AFL should also hide player heights because Melbourne have far too many shrimps on their list.

Pickett is the only one out of all those names who looks the most promising.

You have no future rucks on the horizon. Gawn is literally on his final legs.
No key forwards of any hope.
Great midfield but that's all.

They're not young. Young is 23 and under. ideally 22 and under. Not 25!!

Is their age a liability or not? We keep getting told that our issue is that every bastard is going to retire tomorrow and we will have no one left that can play. Suddenly we have a whole group of players making major contributions that are 25 or under and the players that are 25 are some sort of liability because you don’t consider them young

won a flag in 2022 and in 2 off-seasons have drafted with picks 7 + 8 and traded in henry and bruhn without giving up a pick above 21.

I dont think Geelong were that bad last season. 10 wins, 12 losses and 1 draw. 112 % as well.

cats lost 4 or 5 games by 2 goals or less. cats turn 3 of those close losses into wins and they take carltons 5th spot.

Again, Last season freo finished 14th with 10 wins. Carlton finished 5th with 13 wins and a Draw.

3 wins and a draw seperated 5th to 14th.

I wont be suprised if that happens again this season where 3 wins seperates the 5th to 12th or even 14th placed side.

I agree. and that's why O'Sullivan is your best youngster automatically. because he's high end. Jhy Clark looks awful early and Bruhn has showed absolutely nothing. He was supposed to break out last year and he was still a fringe player in a team that came 12th.

Sorry, but 19 senior games out of 23 isn't fringe. You're delusional.
I included Petty because they included 25 year olds, obviously...

Sure.

I think you did it to make Melbourne's list longer, and you were hoping nobody would call you out on your obvious bullshit.

Might've worked too if it wasn't so obvious.

I agree. and that's why O'Sullivan is your best youngster automatically. because he's high end. Jhy Clark looks awful early and Bruhn has showed absolutely nothing. He was supposed to break out last year and he was still a fringe player in a team that came 12th. He got subbed 3 times.

Bruhn was very good last week. You didn’t watch the game did you. Clark has played 3 games 😂

Clark looks awful and Bruhn has shown nothing?

Yeah, you're either dumb or trolling. We're done here.

Rivers and Windsor are really good players. Think they have promise.

Sorry but Windsor has played 2 games hasn't he?

I'm pretty confident in saying Jhye Clark will turn out to be one of Geelong best players in the coming years. He's as tough as they come.
Had a bad run with injury since draft day but he's got all the factors you look for in a quality midfielder.

I'm far more worried about finding the next Tom Hawkins. We have key defenders set for the next decade but now need a quality forward.

Sorry but Windsor has played 2 games hasn't he?

I'm pretty confident in saying Jhye Clark will turn out to be one of Geelong best players in the coming years. He's as tough as they come.
Had a bad run with injury since draft day but he's got all the factors you look for in a quality midfielder.

I'm far more worried about finding the next Tom Hawkins. We have key defenders set for the next decade but now need a quality forward.

He has played 2 games but I included the preseason matches in that which he was better in. Perhaps you are right about him if we just take AFL performance into account.

Back