Autopsy AFL 2024 Opening Round 0 - Lions v Blues Friday March 8th 7:40pm AEDT (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 42 39.6%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 44 41.5%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Had they kicked straight in the 2nd the lead would've ballooned past 10 goals & no coming back for Carlton.
So when we dont kick straight we are just crap but when others dont they are just unlucky??

🤦‍♀️

Yeah they shouldn't be celebrating an ordinary win like that
Demons supporters are a special bunch! The Covid flag that didn’t count and constantly failing ever since in finals has them all very critical of others to remove the focus from themselves. To be honest though who cares about them anyway? 🤣

Demons supporters are a special bunch! The Covid flag that didn’t count and constantly failing ever since in finals has them all very critical of others to remove the focus from themselves. To be honest though who cares about them anyway? 🤣
Haha. What exactly is the rationale behind the ‘COVID’ flag? Did no other club play in a hub that year? I love that apparently it doesn’t count with literally no rationale to support it other than being a massive sook. Remind me how well Carlton have done since they bought their 1995 premiership.

See, it’s easy to play that game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha. What exactly is the rationale behind the ‘COVID’ flag? Did no other club play in a hub that year? I love that apparently it doesn’t count with literally no rationale to support it other than being a massive sook. Remind me how well Carlton have done since they bought their 1995 premiership.

couple hug GIF

Its ok mate snow season is not far off.

When your team exits the finals in straight sets 2 years running and opens the year with a loss in a match where your ex-VFL ruckman dominates your Captain and best player 😂 That's a special brand of misguided arrogance right there. Gold! Never change, Dess supportes! 🤣

When your team exits the finals in straight sets 2 years running and opens the year with a loss in a match where your ex-VFL ruckman dominates your Captain and best player 😂 That's a special brand of misguided arrogance right there. Gold! Never change, Dess supportes! 🤣
Win a flag, come back to me…. Misguided arrogance is the big circle your fans are jerking off in after round one.

They know we’re coming!

Just want to put it out there that i thought this game was umpired excellently.

They were invisible in the first quarter or so when the game was slippery and those conditions can be tough at the best of times.

Then in the last quarter when it was close and tense i think they got most of their calls right, including several tricky ones (a couple.of grappling 1-1 contests between Saad and Cameron for example). Even ruck contests - the last one to McInerneny agaonst TDK was absolutely there and clear to eveyone watching, which is rare for ruck contrst infringements. The only contentious decision i can remember is the deliberate OOB that we got that looked like it was more accidental by the Brisbane player but that was still not a howler.

To.layer on top, it is hard for umpires in the first game of the year. They also haven't been able to umpire a real game at full pace.in 5 months and often have to also bring in new interpretations etc.

Basically for the umpiring to NOT be a topic of discussion in a tight round 1 game is a testament to them doing a good job....

Win a flag, come back to me…. Misguided arrogance is the big circle your fans are jerking off in after round one.

They know we’re coming!
Salty tears 🤣

Your supporters should mellow out and get on some of the gear your players and coach love so much.

Probably just still dirty that Barassi moved to a real footy club 😂 Time to get over the past and work on getting off the bottom of the ladder.

Any body notice a subtle change in these two games just done?

Watched both,thought an easing of the strictness in the umpire rulings. Saw very few deliberate OOB.
Noticed a shirt front not called, less ball ups, saw some incidents where last year a free would have been called, which LAST YEAR had the game look like rugby packs.
Stop and start ,momentum killing, these two games looked as open as I've seen for a while, I saw two players Bris and Carl punch each other mildly , but nothing , I hope the bleeding MRP stays the hell out of it.
I loved Brodie Grundy Thursday, hell I wish the Hawks had have hunted him.

I actually never got real angry with anything Thurs and Fri.
I hope and pray that this is how the game will run this year, I was worried about the long penalty suspensions pre season which in many cases are penalties, for playing football as it should be hard.
I couldn't find the crime committed needing penalties?
We want players playing not getting holidays for a bump or a tackle.
As I said a shirt front last night on a Carlton player was a ripper, flattened him, can't remember who it was but the game moved on quickly and it was not even mentioned.
Heh heh it felt a bit good?

I think when the Blues guns went to town Brisbane lost the need, Joe Daniher is a champion. One thing though, Joe's either there or he isn't during a match , when he is, he is a superman, when he isn't, its like he's gone to sleep.
Hope that's not too harsh I think he is a ripper, he seems to be somewhere then nowhere?
Melbourne look a bout as ready as a Russian recruit.

I can't believe anyone would write off Brisbane. I still think they are the real deal and will go deep into September.

As for Carlton, I love the rush, a continuation of last year but I won't get through the year is this continues.

Hope we bury the Tigers next week off a 5 day break.
You do owe us about 10 years so you probably will unfortunately.

Their goal kicking again proves a liability. Until they fix that they won't win a flag.

But what a comeback from the Bluebaggers. I do hope the Blue train derails Collingwoods hope for b2b if not anyone else.
They sure fired up in the third quarter, but first half I thought, game dead.

Any body notice a subtle change in these two games just done?

Watched both,thought an easing of the strictness in the umpire rulings. Saw very few deliberate OOB.
Noticed a shirt front not called, less ball ups, saw some incidents where last year a free would have been called, which LAST YEAR had the game look like rugby packs.
Stop and start ,momentum killing, these two games looked as open as I've seen for a while, I saw two players Bris and Carl punch each other mildly , but nothing , I hope the bleeding MRP stays the hell out of it.
I loved Brodie Grundy Thursday, hell I wish the Hawks had have hunted him.

I actually never got real angry with anything Thurs and Fri.
I hope and pray that this is how the game will run this year, I was worried about the long penalty suspensions pre season which in many cases are penalties, for playing football as it should be hard.
I couldn't find the crime committed needing penalties?
We want players playing not getting holidays for a bump or a tackle.
As I said a shirt front last night on a Carlton player was a ripper, flattened him, can't remember who it was but the game moved on quickly and it was not even mentioned.
Heh heh it felt a bit good?

I think when the Blues guns went to town Brisbane lost the need, Joe Daniher is a champion. One thing though, Joe's either there or he isn't during a match , when he is, he is a superman, when he isn't, its like he's gone to sleep.
Hope that's not too harsh I think he is a ripper, he seems to be somewhere then nowhere?
Melbourne look a bout as ready as a Russian recruit.
So you think the hit on Simpkin was just good hard footy?

Back