Autopsy AFL 2024 Opening Round 0 - Suns v Tigers Sat March 9th 4:20pm AEDT (Heritage)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldcoast-vs-Richmond.png

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 0
GOLD COAST V RICHMOND
SATURDAY MARCH 9TH 4:20PM AEDT (HERITAGE BANK STADIUM)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets
Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets
Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets
GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams

SUNS

B: B. Uwland, C. Ballard, S. Collins
HB: C. Budarick, A. Sexton, W. Powell
C: B. Fiorini, T. Miller, B. Ellis
HF: B. Ainsworth, B. Humphrey, T. Berry
F: B. King, M. Rosas, L. Casboult
FOLL: J. Witts - C, N. Anderson, M. Rowell

I/C: S. Flanders, N. Holman, J. Lukosius, D. Swallow, D. Macpherson
EMG: R. Atkins, W. Graham, N. Moyle

TIGERS

B: D. Grimes, T. Young, J. Gibcus
HB: J. Short - C, D. Rioli, N. Vlastuin
C: K. McIntosh, T. Taranto, S. Banks
HF: M. Rioli, L. Baker, S. Campbell
F: N. Balta, S. Bolton, J. Koschitzke
FOLL: S. Naismith, J. Hopper, D. Prestia

I/C: N. Broad, T. Dow, J. Ross, M. Pickett, S. Ryan
EMG: T. Brown, S. Green, N. Cumberland

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

TIGERCAST
Topics covered:
-Welcome to everyone
-Update on Tiger71
-Jimmy Webster bump and outcomes
-Mini preview of Preseason game vs Collingwood
-Our midfields lack of speed, how do we address it?
-Our forward connection, will it improve?
-Preview of Opening Round Game vs Gold Coast

Last edited:

Lions go in favourites given they haven't lost a game at the Gabba in their last 20 outings
Lions usually start seasons slowly. Carlton finally made the next step and have good list and high confidence now. My prediction - it will be very close.

Toughest game of the round to select

Suns only because it's at home
I think this one is a fairly straight forward tip for the Suns.

Dimma will know all of our players strengths and weaknesses and even with tweaks to our gameplan, it'll likely have parts Dimma knows how to play against.

Add to that the Suns are a young talent factory and are expected to improve under a very experienced coach, while we play under a first timer.

They tend to be a thorn in our side since their inception, so I reckon they'll get up here at home.

At the MCG would've been a much harder tip.

Dimma will know all of our players strengths and weaknesses and even with tweaks to our gameplan, it'll likely have parts Dimma knows how to play against.

Add to that the Suns are a young talent factory and are expected to improve under a very experienced coach, while we play under a first timer.

They tend to be a thorn in our side since their inception, so I reckon they'll get up here at home.

Interesting clash with new coaches for both sides, perhaps a couple of upcoming scratch matches may shed some light

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just shocking from GWS fan. Expansion teams fans are supposed to stick together until GF matchup:p

BTW, I tip Lions vs GWS in GF. You played awesome footy late in the season.
Sorry man …. I think you’ll make the finals but would love the lols if the tugs beat their old coach

Sorry man …. I think you’ll make the finals but would love the lols if the tugs beat their old coach
I am not so sure Suns will make finals. It will take some time to learn a new plan. It's also crazy even competition. Good luck in 2024. I will watch GWS with interest.

Well summed up and I think most logical footy supporters would agree with everything you've written.

Just to ram home the point about the Suns being the thorn in Richmond's side, a Gold Coast win in this game would mean an even 7-7 all-time ledger between the two sides and that's during a long period of absolute dominance from the Tigers including three flags and eight finals appearances vs many seasons of very below par performances from the Suns with zero finals appearances. The Suns have undeniably been a problem for Richmond since their inception.

Well summed up and I think most logical footy supporters would agree with everything you've written.

Just to ram home the point about the Suns being the thorn in Richmond's side, a Gold Coast win in this game would mean an even 7-7 all-time ledger between the two sides and that's during a long period of absolute dominance from the Tigers including three flags and eight finals appearances vs many seasons of very below par performances from the Suns with zero finals appearances. The Suns have undeniably been a problem for Richmond since their inception.
what's the record in Queensland like? we seem to prefer to play there than Etihad. Have we even played at the G? Maybe once :$

100%, even when Gold Coast were in their infant years and couldn't win anything, you knocked us off a couple times I think.

Absolutely been a trouble for us, which is why this one GC would be deserving favourites.

We have a better chance against the Blues at the MCG than this one.

Back