Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 2 - Crows v Cats Fri March 22nd 7:40pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or lss

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Great seeing Cats fans up and about.
Show me a club that's been written off in practically all the preseason predictions...

...and I'll show you a supporter base that's feeling pretty good about itself the morning after an away win in Adelaide to go 2-0.

There's always bias involved with rating your own club and it's no picnic to win at Adelaide Oval at the best of times, but looking at the respective team lineups - even following our late outs - I was pretty confident in our chances.

Have Crows regressed?
The i50 dyfunction, and unconvincing ball movement is a worry, though still early doors.

Too early for an answer, but the Q is flashing.

Cats look quite good. Defense / Stewart excellent. I thought he was BoG, defenders skill set are under rated by hoipolloi though inside clubs, they are primary and fundamental. He's soooo good.

Mids despite being undermanned, were very good.

Cats are very organized, and their arrangement of ball slick movers across the ground creating +plus 1 at each successive contest was excellent. Organization and discipline. And getting it to Tom and Jezza has become an art form. They are not at 2022 levels, for if they were, they would won this game by 40 plus. But they look terrif, reliable, and .... really well organized.

Been a while since I've seen a game where Geelong got only 9 frees - or many games for any team matter.

Laid 75 tackles and not a single holding the ball. Becoming a bit of theme this year.
Geez, don't go back and watch the geelong vs St Kilda match from last year.

We got 4 frees for the day, and from memory one of them was out of bounds on the full. So we had 3 decisions go our way for the whole match!

Catters with the soft opening, no real challenge until rd6 at the gabba. Adelaide have fallen off a cliff

We played the team who finished 6th last year and the team who finished 10th interstate. It’s not exactly taking on the grand finalists on their home deck but it isn’t facing 17th and 18th on ours, either.

Yes we have bigger challenges to come but in fitting with where we ourselves finished last year it’s been a middle of the road start in terms of difficulty. Adelaide went 9-4 at AO last year and of the 4 games they dropped, 3 were to Collingwood, GWS and Sydney so they are tough to beat there. We did ok

And the fixture is not even a surprise. When we said we would bounce this year pre season because we get a full pre season and a good fixture based upon not making the finals last year it was dismissed and we were Max Gawn. Now we have used the fixture of a team that finished 12th last year people are greeting about that. Gotta love it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who cares about age I only care about now.

Why do people in threads try to play out the 2028 premiership? Devils will win it anyway

You would think that the last two premiers winning flags with the oldest lists in the league would be enough to shut people up, but no.

Geelong’s veterans are still stars and we are getting a more than promising contribution from the youngsters in Holmes, Henry, Dempsey and co.

Yes, it's not a criticism that teams are relying on their 30 year olds but it's the quantity of 30+ year olds that I'm critical of.
What’s the Danny approved number of 30 year olds a team can be reliant upon?

Or does it depend on your mood and the weather?

What are you banging on about petty for? Some guy listed a bunch of 25 year olds as being young so I rightfully, and in response, named a 24 year old. Who I do not believe should be included as young. I literally said 19-22. What part of 19-22 don't you understand.

Lol Danny. Please. Stop embarrassing yourself.

You jumped up and down (fairly) because someone listed players who were old, in their list of youth.

You then gave parameters on what “youth” should be.

And at the very next opportunity you listed a player outside your own parameters.

Why’d you do it? Well it sure as s**t wasn’t because the person you responded to did it.

It was either:

(A) you didn’t realize Petty was that old; or
(B) you needed an extra name and decided to add him in, not thinking anyone would notice.

Lock in B, thanks Eddie. I guess you forgot that after all this time your bullshit is transparent and incredibly easy to see through.

You made a mistake. Own it and move on, rather than digging that hole deeper.

Yeah, the same number of games as Clark has. Clark tonight, showed no awareness. He got caught multiple times, he run into trouble and consistently struggled to find the ball. I haven't seen any traits in him that show me to be an A grader. Last week, 7 of his 13 possessions were clangers. 7!

Yeah, finding key position players is hard and that's why we've had to play a 20 year old Van Rooyen as our main ruck for far too many games.

I think it's silly to write off a kid in only his third game.
Personally, have seen a bit of Clark in the VFL and he stood out like a sore thumb at that level. Really made a impact and was quickly promoted to the seniors. It's not like it's easy to do so either as Geelong have a lot of seasoned players who usually hold their spot in the best 22 so Clark's forced his way in.

He is touted as having very similar traits to what Joel Selwood possessed. There's no doubting his courage and want to do all the nitty gritty things. He needs to get more of the ball but that will come in time.

Clark, Conway, Holmes, De Koning are going to be among our best for a long time. I'm very surprised with what Dempsey has done in a short amount of time also. He looks a very natural footballer.
Bruhn & Henry look the goods as well.

Obviously every team relies on their older players, but Geelong has more of them. Everyone knows Geelong is a retirement village. Don't disagree just because you like doing it.

And Melbourne is in for a world of pain if/when we lose Petty as he is our life after May but Melbourne's list couldn't be anymore irrelevant to Geelong's list. Focussing on Melbourne is a major deflection. At least I'm not saying Jefferson is our future key Forward, Will Ferrell is our life after Gawn, Kynan Brown will step into the midfield. Basically listing a bunch of guys that haven't shown anything at afl level.
Did you not learn anything from 2022?
Or from the last 15 years.
It’s the same thing year after year. Geelong are too old blah blah blah.
You’ve literally just said Geelong relies on their older players to win games and then admitted your team does too.

You seem to have a real disliking for the cats. I don’t blame you. If any team had humiliated my team by 186 points in the AFL era I would be bitter too.
It’s ok mate. You have your non MCG covid flag and drug culture. You’ll be fine.

Obviously every team relies on their older players, but Geelong has more of them. Everyone knows Geelong is a retirement village. Don't disagree just because you like doing it.

And Melbourne is in for a world of pain if/when we lose Petty as he is our life after May but Melbourne's list couldn't be anymore irrelevant to Geelong's list. Focussing on Melbourne is a major deflection. At least I'm not saying Jefferson is our future key Forward, Will Ferrell is our life after Gawn, Kynan Brown will step into the midfield. Basically listing a bunch of guys that haven't shown anything at afl level.
I'd probably just stop talking about Geelong at this point buddy. It's not going to work out well for you.

I'd probably just stop talking about Geelong at this point buddy. It's not going to work out well for you.
This is the same twisted poster who argued Dangerfield should have been hung, drawn and quartered for kicking the winning goal last week

This is the same twisted poster who argued Dangerfield should have been hung, drawn and quartered for kicking the winning goal last week
then clearly you don't have basic footy IQ. it was the wrong call. And that's exactly why it was brought up in several footy shows afterwards. Dumb as a doorknob play. Imagine thinking that you needed to kick a goal to win the game lol. the complete inability to seperate the result to the decision-made.

then clearly you don't have basic footy IQ. it was the wrong call. And that's exactly why it was brought up in several footy shows afterwards. Dumb as a doorknob play. Imagine thinking that you needed to kick a goal to win the game lol. the complete inability to seperate the result to the decision-made.
Name the several footy shows and who said what.

Nothing in this write up except that Danger’s goal won the game for the Cats

Or this report

Last edited:
Name the several footy shows and who said what.
Damian Barrett was talking about it on one of his shows something along the lines of 'there's been a lot of noise about Dangerfield's decision to have a shot for goal given that there would have been 30 seconds left for the opposition to score' etc.

Not that you even need other shows as a source. It's basic common sense. Shouldn't need explaining

Damian Barrett was talking about it on one of his shows something along the lines of 'there's been a lot of noise about Dangerfield's decision to have a shot for goal given that there would have been 30 seconds left for the opposition to score' etc.

Not that you even need other shows as a source. It's basic common sense. Shouldn't need explaining
Garbage, unless you are Damian Barrett

Back