Autopsy AFL 2024 Opening Round 0 - Suns v Tigers Sat March 9th 4:20pm AEDT (Heritage)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How dumb are the commentators. He had the ball in hand before the tackler was within 10 metres from him. He waited for the tackler to come for him. That is the correct call.
No. The rule is if you have someone as close as inside the box to you, and you are being pressured, you can put it back. It was that way all last year. It's a change of the rules (for the better) but do the players even know?

We’re not in the game, but that’s not the rule.

The rule requires the player be under pressure.

When the player is in possession of the ball for a few seconds before another player approaches and they rush it over the line , I have no problem paying that as they had ample time to dispose of but chose not to.

No. The rule is if you have someone as close as inside the box to you, and you are being pressured, you can put it back. It was that way all last year. It's a change of the rules (for the better) but do the players even know?
I disagree. I think this would have been paid last year as well. He was under no pressure, waited for pressure then walked over.

Back