Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 1 - Blues v Tigers Thurs March 14th 7:30pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 62 66.0%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He knocked the ball out of his hands. We've known for years now that Richmond like to push the boundaries with the rules when it comes to delaying play to allow their defenders time to get back and set up.

The 50 looked about right. It was paid about 3m inside the line for the square. The square is 45m long and the new mark was set 1-2m inside the 50m arc. If it was over, it was only by a little bit.
I think people just get confused because they don't know the field dimensions and maybe just saw it as 'back of the square to inside 50'.
View attachment 1928417View attachment 1928418
They measured it on Fox Footy as nearly 58metres. What’s an extra 8 metres though right?

If Carlton had lost we would all be talking about what a massive choke it was. Should have been a comfortable win
I didn't expect the game to be so close, but we had some very good ins and the boys had a point to prove after the GC loss.

I'm disappointed that we lost, but pleasantly surprised by the margin.

Take the 4 points and run mate.

So "Country Road" up at the GABBA doesn't exist in your reality?
the woof is worse. a) he is a long kick but most teams have about 7 or 8 players that kick it that far or further and b) Carlton didn't even draft Saad initially so it's hard to claim him as a blue boy when he's been a trade in player and c) a lot of his kicks are short anyway which adds to the cringe.

The wolf started with Val Perovic who played for the Saints before Carlton - not sure what drafting the player has to do with anything...

It has nothing to do with it. Danny wasn’t aware of that though, despite what he’s likely about to tell you…

Kidding me right. An embarassing amount of Tigs supporters dedicate their lives to umpire complaining and act like it's part of an absurd conspiracy against them.
The so called "neutral" fans have been far worse than any Tigers fan I have seen on here tbh

They can't even judge 15m kicks correctly so this doesn't surprise me
I swear that I thought I heard from a commentator that they do the mowing with the cross hatching so each "box" is 10m x 10m. If true maybe someone should Wikileak that to the umps because so many are not called

Tell us you know nothing about the woof without telling us you know nothing about the woof.

This is a completely moronic take, Danny. I mean I’m not surprised, but surely at some point you’ve gotta reconsider how dumb you make yourself look around here?
What do you mean Jeremias? In the 2015 draft, you overlooked him completely and chose Blaine Boekhurst, Viojo-Rainbow, Clem Smith and Jayden Foster in the draft. Then in the rookie draft you consistently ignored him and chose Billy Gowers and then went on to select Brad Walsh at pick 25. So to suggest that I know nothing, I would suggest that I probably know a lot more about Carlton's rating of Saad in his draft year than the majority of Carlton fans that are woofing each week. It's a bit rich to claim him when your recruiters thought he was not afl calibre.

'Tell us you know nothing about the woof without telling us you know nothing about the woof', sounds good but doesn't apply here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I swear that I thought I heard from a commentator that they do the mowing with the cross hatching so each "box" is 10m x 10m. If true maybe someone should Wikileak that to the umps because so many are not called
I heard this too but they still get so many wrong

What do you mean Jeremias? In the 2015 draft, you overlooked him completely and chose Blaine Boekhurst, Viojo-Rainbow, Clem Smith and Jayden Foster in the draft. Then in the rookie draft you consistently ignored him and chose Billy Gowers and then went on to select Brad Walsh at pick 25. So to suggest that I know nothing, I would suggest that I probably know a lot more about Carlton's rating of Saad in his draft year than the majority of Carlton fans that are woofing each week. It's a bit rich to claim him when your recruiters thought he was not afl calibre.

'Tell us you know nothing about the woof without telling us you know nothing about the woof', sounds good but doesn't apply here.
What does our rating of Adam Saad in his draft year have to do with anything relating to the woof. He IS a Carlton player now and that's all that matters

The woof started with Val Perovic who played for the Saints before Carlton - not sure what drafting the player has to do with anything...
I'm more referring to the 2015 draft when Carlton basically told Saad, 'we think you're a spud' with their drafting that year.

It's the same reason why I think fans should embrace players that the club has embraced from the start and had faith in from the beginning. The same reason why I will never warm to say a Jake lever or Ed Langdon as I would say a Neale-Bullen or Gawny and that's not taking into account the disregard showed to Saad in his draft year.

I'm more referring to the 2015 draft when Carlton basically told Saad, 'we think you're a spud' with their drafting that year.

It's the same reason why I think fans should embrace players that the club has embraced from the start and had faith in from the beginning. The same reason why I will never warm to say a Jake lever or Ed Langdon as I would say a Neale-Bullen or Gawny and that's not taking into account the disregard showed to Saad in his draft year.
Ok and it is you right to support your club in that way. Doesn't mean everyone else has to

Richmond got lucky free kicks early - three of their first 5 goals were absolute gifts, but from therein Carlton got the rub of the green and were very lucky to win in the end. Looks like the umps will be favouring them again this year - the AFL have laid down the law.

Think it was about 8 to 1 in the last quarter but it really doesn't matter in the long run. Us getting this close to a Carlton side with the injuries we had on the night will do more damage in the long run this year as it will delude us into thinking we are an ok footy side and keep playing some of the old blokes who wont be there in 2 years.
Not that it matters but frees were 6-5 in the last quarter (not 8-1)

What do you mean Jeremias?

It was self explanatory, unless you’re someone who bends over backwards to try and prove a point that isn’t there.

We didn’t draft Saad, but that is completely irrelevant when it comes to the woof.

Ever heard of Val Perovic?

“Tell us you know nothing about the woof without telling us you know nothing about the woof', sounds good but doesn't apply here.

Sure it does. But I can see how changing the topic completely might’ve confused you.

dead rubber
Drink Reaction GIF by Married At First Sight

It was self explanatory, unless you’re someone who bends over backwards to try and prove a point that isn’t there.

We didn’t draft Saad, but that is completely irrelevant when it comes to the woof.

Ever heard of Val Perovic?

Sure it does. But I can see how changing the topic completely might’ve confused you.
I was around for the Christou era. But what's the premise of the woof? It doesn't even make sense. He's not even a long kick. Or is it more that he's left footed? Doesn't add up to me. Like it's not even personalised to Saad, it could easily be transferred to Nick Newman and still carry the same meaning.

I'm not changing the subject. I referenced the 2015 draft. Surely Christou wasn't shafted in back to back drafts? So he was more a blue boy than a guy who has played most of his career for Gold Coast and Essendon.

I'm not picking on Carlton though. It's like Freo fans calling Luke Jackson 'dogga' after the dees players and fans ran with it for a few years. it's a little cringe I reckon.

I think being a one-club player should be the ones fans get behind, like Walsh.

Back