Franklin V Roughead

Franklin V Roughead

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This year Roughead.

I feel like Buddy can be more of a game breaker, but Roughead is the one every coach would pick. He can play literally everywhere, ruck, midfield, back or forward. I would take Roughy.

Buddy can tear a game a part at any moment.

Plus, if he can earn $10m over a 9 year deal he must be alright. :p

Franklin if talking career but if the last two years have anything to say it would Roughead, can actually take a contested mark and actually knows how to kick straight at goals, he also bring leadership to the team which Franklin will never be able to accomplish

Buddy easy. He can do things no other player can do. Sure roughie is versatile but I'd rather a ruckman in the ruck and a midfielder in the midfield. As far as pure forwards who will kick you goals go buddy is still the best in the comp.

Roughy. Buddy was brilliant a few years ago but is now a shadow of his former self.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy easy. He can do things no other player can do. Sure roughie is versatile but I'd rather a ruckman in the ruck and a midfielder in the midfield. As far as pure forwards who will kick you goals go buddy is still the best in the comp.

Roughead won the Coleman.

Franklin is the only current forward averaging more than 3 goals per game, in fact he's the only current player averaging more than 2.5 goals per game too.

He kicked 60 goals this year (incl finals) for the 6th consecutive season. Nobody has been so consistent since Dunstall did it for 11 straight years from 86-96. (Lockett, Ablett, Lloyd, Richo, Carey, Hall, Fev were never that consistent).

I would still take Franklin, he's been more consistent. It was only two years ago that people were calling Roughead a spud.

How many games did buddy miss? Also buddy had a down year by his standards. How many career goals does roughhead have compared to franklin?

Roughead is on 366 career goals from 184 games @ 2 goals per game
Franklin is on 580 goals from 182 games @ 3.2 goals per game

So buddy is smashing him and roughhead winning this years Coleman ahead of buddy is an anomaly.

You do know that Franklin has had about 3x more forward 50 delivery in his career then Roughead? For a forward who's not even our number one target, Roughead certainly did well from limited ball inside 50. Go swap the roles they play and Roughead would kick even more goals.

Except he can't kick on his non-preferred or take contested and overhead marks consistently.

Back