• Rozee

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • Smith

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Butters

Votes: 38 42.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

2021 AFLCA vote Walsh only had 10 votes 4 times compared to Butters 7 times, only had 93 votes for the year. In the end Champion data and the coaches agree butters was better. But I guess we all have to believe a nuffie like you on the internet
Again Top 4 team vs Bottom 6 Team, Port won 9 more games this year then Carlton in 2021 yet he only had 3 more 10 votes and 17 more votes* with the extra round added not quite the check mate argument you thought you made

Nah, Butters 2023>>> Walsh, port are not a high disposals team just coz he got more disposals doesn’t mean anything. Even at his best champion data had Walsh at a top 50 player due to his ball usage and impact on the game. Butters is far superior

I agree.
Butters this season has been far superior to anything Walsh has ever produced.
In fact, there was patch there of 3-4 weeks where Butters was being likened to Ablett Jnr such was his dominance.

He has dropped away as the season draw on but Butters may just win the Brownlow medal.
No doubt he wins his clubs B&F.

A truly brilliant season of football where he announced himself as one of the top three midfielders in the competition.

Last time Walsh had a pre season this was how the Geelong faithful viewed him. Oh how quickly they forget.

Again Butters impact made us a top 4 team. Walsh best year got Carlton to 13th. Says a lot
Top 4 means nothing when you go out in straight sets. May as well scrape in to 8th really.

People forget how good Walsh was in 2021 and he seems to be finding that form again this finals series. Seriously good player and looks like he's hitting his straps again and finally injury free

No doubt Rozee and Butter failed in the two most important games on the year for us. They will have to live with that. Luckily they are young. Hopefully it burns and overall makes them better players because of it.

No doubt Rozee and Butter failed in the two most important games on the year for us. They will have to live with that. Luckily they are young. Hopefully it burns and overall makes them better players because of it.

They probably read your posts on BigFooty and thought it was all just going to happen.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im taking Rozee over any of them including Butters. Not too worried about Rozee and Butters poor games against GWS, it was a Ken Hinkley Port side in an elimination game. Everyone was poor, as you would expect.

Decent chance Walsh takes the Gary Ayres Medal.

Would be the youngest winner and by some margin.
How often does that get won by a non GF player especially as they get 1.5×votes in the GF?

He had 3 strong games but not sure any pie or lion have had 2 good games. Been an even spread from both teams

How often does that get won by a non GF player especially as they get 1.5×votes in the GF?

He had 3 strong games but not sure any pie or lion have had 2 good games. Been an even spread from both teams

It hasn’t happened before. But the award is quite young.

Walsh should get 6-8 votes against Brisbane, I think De Goey is the only realistic threat from here as he will get 10 against GWS.

Rozee still for me he has so much damage with his possesions and now is finding it close to 30 times a game.

Walsh would be my captain though he is made of some different material!

Butters is an all round great player and I see him and Serong as the best smaller midfielders in terms of winning the ball and having very good inside and outside games.

In terms of those 4 ranked in 2023:

Butters >= Walsh > Rozee >>> Smith

However I think Rozee will be the best of the four within 3-4 years.

Back