Richmond 2017-20 v Hawthorn 2012-15

Which side was stronger and had the better period of dominance?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No, I’m just going off results. Simple.

Three in a row is harder than 3/4. 1 more GF appearance too.

Brisbane v Hawthorn Dynasty is where the comparison gets harder.
What that actually shows is all the great teams lost 1 they should have won at some time during their dominance. We, along with Geelong just lost 1 in between flags, the other 2 at either end of theirs.

No, I’m just going off results. Simple.

Three in a row is harder than 3/4. 1 more GF appearance too.

Brisbane v Hawthorn Dynasty is where the comparison gets harder.

Not to me but I don’t count anything pre AFL era as much as I count state league flags.

Less teams = Easier
According to you're own logic u may have just answered you're own question here...

Hawks team would demolish Richmond. Brian Lake vs Lynch, good luck with that one Tom.
Even the rucks for Hawthorn would be too much as McEvoy/Hale would overwork Nankervis by the end.
Martin never troubled them during dominant period. Hawks had great defense and two-way runners through the midfield.

Forward line for Hawthorn is the real kicker. Franklin, Roughead, Rioli, Puopolo, Breust, Gunston vs Lynch, Riewoldt, Castagna, Martin, Caddy, Rioli, give me a break!

Pretty obvious to see which team made the most of a weak competition.

Hawks would have no issue flattering the tigers tough pretenders , tigers would try to intimidate physically and would get murdered easily …their Auskick rolling maul wouldn’t work with hawks list had actual defensive mids that ran two ways

Hodge would flatten Martin who would disappear very quickly after that..would be beautiful to watch

You value a shallow comp vs a deep comp?
The competition was piss weak during those Richmond flags. When do you think the impact of the two additional teams kicked in?? 5-6 years later, or immediately when they got introduced?? The answer is later which was around Richmond’s flags.

That GWS side was pathetic, and that Adelaide team was pretty ordinary, and geelong had more holes in the team than Swiss cheese.

The competition was piss weak during those Richmond flags. When do you think the impact of the two additional teams kicked in?? 5-6 years later, or immediately when they got introduced?? The answer is later which was around Richmond’s flags.

That GWS side was pathetic, and that Adelaide team was pretty ordinary, and geelong had more holes in the team than Swiss cheese.
It’s an interesting proposition you put forward. After 2011, how good were Collingwood and St Kilda? Saints were putrid straight away and Collingwood dropped off quite quickly.

if we are comparing who they each beat - Sydney & Geelong as both had been up for a while, Freo & GWS had a couple of good yrs & WCE & Crows teams were both 1 yr wonders in terms of being a contender...

Hawks team would demolish Richmond. Brian Lake vs Lynch, good luck with that one Tom.
Even the rucks for Hawthorn would be too much as McEvoy/Hale would overwork Nankervis by the end.
Martin never troubled them during dominant period. Hawks had great defense and two-way runners through the midfield.

Forward line for Hawthorn is the real kicker. Franklin, Roughead, Rioli, Puopolo, Breust, Gunston vs Lynch, Riewoldt, Castagna, Martin, Caddy, Rioli, give me a break!

Pretty obvious to see which team made the most of a weak competition.

Thank god Lethal won’t ever hear your opinion. He’d probably have a heart attack 🤣. I hope you are just trolling cause it’s getting pretty sad now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s an interesting proposition you put forward. After 2011, how good were Collingwood and St Kilda? Saints were putrid straight away and Collingwood dropped off quite quickly.
St kilda made two grand finals in a row and collingwood the same including a win in one of them.. so quite a silly thing to say… how did Adelaide go the year after?? How did GWS??

if we are comparing who they each beat - Sydney & Geelong as both had been up for a while, Freo & GWS had a couple of good yrs & WCE & Crows teams were both 1 yr wonders in terms of being a contender...
That geelong 2020 side was extremely flawed.. go ask our supporters. Way too many holes to be called a top side. A lot changed between then and 2022.

GWS and Adelaide garbage sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without Cox we wouldn't have got Dom Sheed. So if you really think about it we did get 4 in a row, we all won in '18.
Sliding doors could mean if you win 18 you choke in 19/20. Who knows, I just go off results.

Hawks three peat better than Richmond 3/4 and it’s not subjective.

Hawks fans are loving the butt sniffing from the cats supporters here

Congratulations Hawks cats have finally admitted your dominance over their regional club.
Big Hero GIF

Accurate Richmond polls are all but dead on BF, the fake news trolls are ruining history. Makes this kind of discussion almost pointless, may as well get some Russian bots involved.

Strange anomaly that such a dominant and skilled team kept losing to a weaker Richmond team in their strongest years. Kind of defies logic to suggest the same team would dominate a much stronger Richmond team.

Rich 137
Haw 75

Rich 107
Haw 66

Rich 52
Haw 118

Rich 71
Haw 53

St kilda made two grand finals in a row and collingwood the same including a win in one of them.. so quite a silly thing to say… how did Adelaide go the year after?? How did GWS??
So you are comparing the Saints and Collingwoods poor outputs post their GF runs with Adelaide and GWS after they played their GFs. I dig that.

That geelong 2020 side was extremely flawed.. go ask our supporters. Way too many holes to be called a top side.

I didn’t really rate the 22 year as strong. In fact I reckon it’s probably the weakest we have had in a while.

A team that got smashed by 15 goals in the GF.
A prelim side that finished 17th the year before.
And a reigning premier that was absolutely running on fumes by the time finals hit.

Reminds me of the 2019 season.
Geelong were the best last year by a fair margin. In a comp that was pretty much non existent.

I didn’t really rate the 22 year as strong. In fact I reckon it’s probably the weakest we have had in a while.

A team that got smashed by 15 goals in the GF.
A prelim side that finished 17th the year before.
And a reigning premier that was absolutely running on fumes by the time finals hit.

Reminds me of the 2019 season.
Geelong were the best last year by a fair margin. In a comp that was pretty much non existent.
Given that last year was deemed by many as the most even season in a while I'm not sure that last sentence is true.

I do agree that Geelong were a class above, hence the 16 game winning streak.

Only the great sides win that many in succession.

Given that last year was deemed by many as the most even season in a while I'm not sure that last sentence is true.

I do agree that Geelong were a class above, hence the 16 game winning streak.

Only the great sides win that many in succession.
Yeah they were clearly the best team in a poor comp. No shame in that.

Back