News Mazda sign on

Remove this Banner Ad

Sco

Cancelled
Mar 14, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The great news continues to roll in as North Melbourne will announce tomorrow that Mazda has signed-on as major sponsor.

Full details to be revealed tomorrow but terrific news as our longest ever sponsor agrees to stay on!

Mazda have been our major sponsor since 1999.

You'd like to think so given the 'window' is where a lot of their investment will pay greater dividends. Still, in today's environment, that's good news, and I think this caps off our off-season premiership. ;)

Great news.

Just want to clarify though; due to the AFL's sponsorship deal with Toyota, any car companies that want to sponsor a team need AFL approval (only one they've approved is Skoda for GWS) UNLESS it's an existing sponsor.

So it makes sense for Mazda to keep sponsoring us so they can stay in the AFL.

Regardless, awesome news.

Great news.

Just want to clarify though; due to the AFL's sponsorship deal with Toyota, any car companies that want to sponsor a team need AFL approval (only one they've approved is Skoda for GWS) UNLESS it's an existing sponsor.

Cant be anything but a positive for us. Cheers for that info wiko

What an off season. Great time to be a member :thumbsu:

Do we get discounted Mazdas with our membership?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news.

I think that's a great situation. Means Mazda won't want to leave us in a hurry. Carro won't be happy. I remember when Brayshaw went on Footy Classified a long while back (was it 2009?):

Caro: 'Are you absolutely convinced that you'll have Mazda on next year?'
Brayshaw: 'yeah I am.'
Caro: 'But they do have a clause don't they? A get out clause they can use.'
Brayshaw: 'Yeah they do, but I'm very confident that they'll be there.'

And they were, they still are, and it seems they will be for a while yet.

Great news. I've had my CX-7 for 3 years now and must say how pleased I am that I bought a Mazda.

Well I did my bit a few years ago and purchased a brand new Mazda CX9, got a $500 'voucher' to spend on car accessories for being a NMFC member. Used it to put a tow bar on the car. Must say it has been a fantastic buy, no problems whatsoever. Service from Mazda has been excellent. I actually convinced my wife to buy the CX9 rather than the other cars in that range.
It's been a very bizarre month for our club, too much excitement, not used to all this positive news, it's very 'unNorth like'. It's usually Caro s**t talk, doom and gloom, relocation crap, no cash, poor membership blah blah blah....
Looking forward to a massive 2014, no more excuses from the team.

Great news.

It makes more sense that we are brilliant partners, but put a less positive spin on it if you like.
Jeep - Richmond
Renault - Port
Hyundai - Brisbane
VW - Sydney
all happened after Toyota took over sponsorship of the AFL.

Vey happy to hear this news! Mazda has been a fantastic sponsor for North! I hope they receive lots of exposure with North hopefully playing in more prime time slots on TV next year and also when North win the Grand Final in 2014 of course! ;)

Great news. I've had my CX-7 for 3 years now and must say how pleased I am that I bought a Mazda.

Great news, for we're a flyin':thumbsu:

Absolutely agree, my first car was a Mazda a nice comfortable drive, a sensible vehicle you might say. Not much to look at, rusty and dented. BUT!

A 1974 RX4 Coupe with a 13B monster Port! ( will maybe mean something to a enthusiast)

I was dating young lass from Berwick at the time so'd travel home through Dandenong , many a time a GT 351 would pull up at the lights and look at my sorry arsed Mazda. I'd give 'em a nod and yeah.

I think that's a great situation. Means Mazda won't want to leave us in a hurry. Carro won't be happy. I remember when Brayshaw went on Footy Classified a long while back (was it 2009?):

Caro: 'Are you absolutely convinced that you'll have Mazda on next year?'
Brayshaw: 'yeah I am.'
Caro: 'But they do have a clause don't they? A get out clause they can use.'
Brayshaw: 'Yeah they do, but I'm very confident that they'll be there.'

And they were, they still are, and it seems they will be for a while yet.

Wasn't that around the time of chicken-gate when Caro and Sham Lane were stalking Mazda senior executives and shaming them into expressing concern that a Mazda vehicle was visible in the video.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back