Official Match Thread S17: Round 12 - East Side Hawks vs Geelong Gumbies @ Waverley Park

Remove this Banner Ad

ESH.jpg ESH.jpg ESH.jpg VERSUS GUM.jpg GUM.jpg GUM.jpg

Look. I've done a lot of unbiased reporting around these parts, a lot. But in all my decades of service I don't believe I have ever, or indeed will ever, come across another match so garishly one-sided.

It is unthinkable that the horridly out of form Gumbies could even come close to knocking off an East Side team who are absolutely flying right now and certainly the premier team of the league. Having won one game on the trot lately, a last-minute thriller against the last-placed Furies, there is not a device that can measure the amount of dominance the Hawks are impaling on every one of their unfortunate opponents. Meanwhile, the Gumbies remain on a one-loss streak, thrashed mercilessly by the Baghdad Bombers and finding themselves crashing down the ladder from 2nd to 3rd. For those playing along at home, the Hawks wait in rabid anticipation at 5th.

This is like David and Goliath, except David is the size of a bumblebee and has all the coordination of - well - a Gumby. East Side is Goliath, except with a hint more strength and the stability of a 10 metre by 10 metre cuboid of pure steel.

It will amaze me if the Gumbies decide to even turn up to this potentially incredible destruction of spirit and soul. It would be infinitely better for their egos if they just stayed at home and drank clay-infused wine. Cannibals they would be but humiliated, they would not be.

A Bit High personifies the Gumbies ladder position. Itsmyshow personifies the Hawks position in the league. When the captains are predicting the result it's beyond all reasonable doubt. Get ready folks to see the greatest destruction of your life. The single most significant annihilation your pretty little eyes have ever had the honour of witnessing. It's killin' time.

With no further ado, my obvious and blatant prediction.

Gumbies by 12.

TEAMS TO BE IN BY 11:59PM FRIDAY NIGHT. MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE THE TERM "OFFICIAL TEAM SHEET" IN THIS POST. LOGGER DOESN'T MIND A TAG EITHER, SO IF YOU'RE FEELING GENEROUS, GIVE HIM A THOUGHT.

Last edited:
Solid OP, Karnezis_13. Fairly accurate. I look forward to a demolition job on these Gumbies!
Thanks, Karnezis_13. Replies to my threads really are appreciated. Lucky you were here, or it could've been a whole first 20 minutes without a single post! :hearts:

Nice OP of sorts Karnezis_13 had me wondering if you were serious until I noticed common sense prevailed with your selection.

Gumbies disappointing last outing and I expect a better showing this week and unfortunately the Hawks will feel the full force of an angry Gumbie. I make no apologies for this but and hope you appreciate the warning well in advance.

I keep trying to tell him that, but he just won't listen.
Well slap him into line then as there's no room for dissent

fish-slapping-dance-o.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just dealing in facts here. After our easy win over the powerful Furies I think we're entitled to some cockiness. :rainbow:
Your wins are not in dispute ,your arrogant assumption which stem from it are The only certainty in life is...

This is a big game for us, it will be great to continue the form against this group of plastic type flogs.

With bomberlegend2007 and Pie in the Sky in the side, the Hawks are a different outfit, Hawks to win this comfortably.

Hey Tarkyn_24 do you reckon I can make peterss my bitch again and watch the Gumbies fall over themselves with a matchup? Maybe A Bit High can step up to the plate this time and get smacked like his former skipper..

This is a big game for us, it will be great to continue the form against this group of plastic type flogs.

With bomberlegend2007 and Pie in the Sky in the side, the Hawks are a different outfit, Hawks to win this comfortably.

Hey Tarkyn_24 do you reckon I can make peterss my bitch again and watch the Gumbies fall over themselves with a matchup? Maybe A Bit High can step up to the plate this time and get smacked like his former skipper..

Jimmies will not be rustled IMS but if you want to play on me just do it, you know where I am.

Or you could play BP on peterss as FP is where he played last week.

Come at me biatch :)

And this is just another game for us, no bigger than any other. Just a game we expect to win

Last edited:
Jimmies will not be rustled IMS but if you want to play on me just do it, you know where I am.

Or you could play BP on peterss as FP is where he played last week.

Come at me biatch :)

And this is just another game for us, no bigger than any other. Just a game we expect to win

Yeah, as cowardly as you have proven after I called you out, I won't be needing to move, I will dominate just fine, as per usual, as per first time around and the result will be the same, with you lasses sobbing into your wheaties.

Tarks is back in form, Karney and GB are flying and the new lads have just torn the place apart.. It's going to be a long week for you lot.

Time to bounce back from our dissapointing loss last week and show who the true champions are.
Is this just like a lesser version of Jimmy1992? I don't care if you are or not, you are eternally christened "Jimmy" in my mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back