Media 2014 BFFL National Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a reason why some teams have larger squads than others? I have 41 players but apparently have no draft picks left?

I am not actually sure mate, may have happened when i was placing the trades through and exchanging picks, it seems that they didnt give you extra picks for the ones you have relinquished in trades, would explain why i am 1 pick short as i gave up 2 and 31 and got 14 back, leaving me one short, not sure how to fix this mid draft.

There seems to be a few teams affected? Can we take our missing pick on here and you could add them to the list later? Is that too hard with the order already set on UF and most people doing auto picks with their rankings?

I think that is just about the only option, i dont know if i can stop teh draft though with so many picks still to take

yeah it will just mean we need to move the draft back here, and then let teh draft expire and pick up players as free agents maybe if that is even possible?

yeah it will just mean we need to move the draft back here, and then let teh draft expire and pick up players as free agents maybe if that is even possible?
Oh ok yeah cause you will need to slip other picks inbetween yeah??? Happy to move draft to here. Then we can skip Danger in Texas ;)

I cant alter picks atm, it would involve cancelling the draft and re entering the draft manually again i think which is a bit of a job, but there may be no other way?

I was assuming the lists will be reverted to 43 or what ever it is as default when the draft finished, then we can do the rest of teh draft here and then pick players up as free agents?

Why don't we just let the draft run as is, then let people who are short pick players off waiver. (If we can do that). Let's be serious not gonna be much to pick from the further we get.
Yep agreed

Well my draft is now over, so here's what I did.

#5 (Tom Boyd) - didn't expect him to be available here, I had planned to draft Josh Kelly. That would have changed the rest of my draft, but since I missed Kelly I tried my best to get some other potential midfielders

#19 (Jimmy Toumpas) - #4 draft pick in 2012, and regarded by many as the best midfielder in the draft. The desperate hope here is that the hopeless basketcase that was Melbourne has not completely destroyed his career.

#33 (Beau Waters) - a top 10 defender when fit, which is not very often. Thought he was worth a punt

#34 (Darcy Lang) - midfielder taken in the first round who had good numbers as a junior

#35 (Patrick Cripps) - see Lang

#47 (Blake Acres) - see Lang

#61 (Matthew Watson) - expected to play most/all games for Carlton this year and was a high producing junior player

#75 (Ryan Schoenmakers) - expecting him to play at both ends of the ground, proven AFL player and still very young

The realistic hope is that Boyd becomes a starting forward for me in a few years, statistically I'm hoping 1 of Toumpas/Lang/Acres/Cripps becomes an excellent player, 1 becomes serviceable, and 2 will be delisted/mediocre, and hoping Watson and Schoenmakers can provide depth and KPP options

Well my draft is now over, so here's what I did.

#5 (Tom Boyd) - didn't expect him to be available here, I had planned to draft Josh Kelly. That would have changed the rest of my draft, but since I missed Kelly I tried my best to get some other potential midfielders

#19 (Jimmy Toumpas) - #4 draft pick in 2012, and regarded by many as the best midfielder in the draft. The desperate hope here is that the hopeless basketcase that was Melbourne has not completely destroyed his career.

#33 (Beau Waters) - a top 10 defender when fit, which is not very often. Thought he was worth a punt

#34 (Darcy Lang) - midfielder taken in the first round who had good numbers as a junior

#35 (Patrick Cripps) - see Lang

#47 (Blake Acres) - see Lang

#61 (Matthew Watson) - expected to play most/all games for Carlton this year and was a high producing junior player

#75 (Ryan Schoenmakers) - expecting him to play at both ends of the ground, proven AFL player and still very young

The realistic hope is that Boyd becomes a starting forward for me in a few years, statistically I'm hoping 1 of Toumpas/Lang/Acres/Cripps becomes an excellent player, 1 becomes serviceable, and 2 will be delisted/mediocre, and hoping Watson and Schoenmakers can provide depth and KPP options

Was impressed with your selections Swansfan, thought you did well and are showing a clear direction with your team picking up young talent, and Waters as he was just too good to refuse, showed a good knowledge of the draft crop imo and didnt go early on any of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

some teams also seem to have these extra picks, so it will be interested if they can use them because it will make there lists to large

Toffs - 42
Dragons - 43
Taipans - 43
Seahawks - 43
Hurricanes - 43
Cobras - 41
Sheep - 45
Bulldogs - 43
Nancyboys - 42
Bluedogs - 46
short people - 45
SA 4 Lyf - 43
Eagles - 40
Soldiers - 43

Toffs - 42
Dragons - 43
Taipans - 43
Seahawks - 43
Hurricanes - 43
Cobras - 41
Sheep - 45
Bulldogs - 43
Nancyboys - 42
Bluedogs - 46
short people - 45
SA 4 Lyf - 43
Eagles - 40
Soldiers - 43

I win, I win :D

It says in the League settings;
Max Team size: 43
Total starters: 19
Total Emergencies: 5
Number bench spots: 19
Yeah? Well I live in Queensland so I get two extra.;)

Also says that the weekly sign/delist deadline is the first game of the week.

So I am guessing that for those teams that have more than 43 players on their list will have to cut a few.
Yep, sounds like a plan.

Also says that the weekly sign/delist deadline is the first game of the week.

So I am guessing that for those teams that have more than 43 players on their list will have to cut a few.
I'm also shitty at you for taking Nick Robertson. I'm not talking to you anymore.

He could be a smokey this year
Getting big wraps from the coaching and playing group, will definitely get games early in my opinion.

I'm still not talking to you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back