Hume League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Rfl is definitely a step up but to play 100 games Should not be worth 4 points. 4 is basically the maximum. I know guys who could play 100 rfl games and not make OnM. The gap between rfl and hume league isn't enough to say it's a major step down which is what the whole points system is about

The only justification I can find for it is it is based on the top players from the league. Most would be easily o and m standard. What it does it would stop say for e.g an Osborne or a Lockhart recryiting 2 top line RFL players if they were to be worth say 2 points. It would give these clubs an advantage to say a magpies who can only recruit 1 o and m player who would be of the same standard.
Thats the only way I can see that it is classified same as the o and m.
Speaking of points with the clearances open will be interesting to see where r/w sit. They'd have to be close to exceeding

R
The only justification I can find for it is it is based on the top players from the league. Most would be easily o and m standard. What it does it would stop say for e.g an Osborne or a Lockhart recryiting 2 top line RFL players if they were to be worth say 2 points. It would give these clubs an advantage to say a magpies who can only recruit 1 o and m player who would be of the same standard.
Thats the only way I can see that it is classified same as the o and m.
Speaking of points with the clearances open will be interesting to see where r/w sit. They'd have to be close to exceeding
R/W are safe with points apparently, iv'e heard these Canberra boys are absolute dynamite...

Rfl is definitely a step up but to play 100 games Should not be worth 4 points. 4 is basically the maximum. I know guys who could play 100 rfl games and not make OnM. The gap between rfl and hume league isn't enough to say it's a major step down which is what the whole points system is about
Thats where lockhart are smart and get in and get the young ones before there even at game 50.

Yes it is a big call, but I don't fence sit. It's not so much the amount of players they have picked up but the quality. As always though, everyone needs a good run with injuries.

I agree. Thereais no soft side of the draw this year. With the bottom sides all improving you will have to be on every week

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting thought, who out of their recruits are quality in your opinion?
Depends what u class as quality but In my opinion, quality as players who would be a walk up start to any hume league side, and be able to play in a higher league.
Nathan McPherson. David trotter. Zane Litchfield. Marc Ablett. James Richards. John Hoey. Zac sheather. Anthony Watt. Then there are others who are still definite solid 1s players. Add these to the quality they had last year (they had a lot of high quality but it dropped away savagely after that which won't win u games), they should be top 4

Depends what u class as quality but In my opinion, quality as players who would be a walk up start to any hume league side, and be able to play in a higher league.
Nathan McPherson. David trotter. Zane Litchfield. Marc Ablett. James Richards. John Hoey. Zac sheather. Anthony Watt. Then there are others who are still definite solid 1s players. Add these to the quality they had last year (they had a lot of high quality but it dropped away savagely after that which won't win u games), they should be top 4

With the guys you have named and where they are coming from I'd say they be wrapped just to make finals. Talking to a mate from Wagga, McPherson is still a really good player but not as good as he once was. Hoey struggles to get on the ground through injuries and Richards was a fringe RFL player and a solid Farrer leaque player, which I'm told is a step down from Hume.

Trotter is quality player but unfortunately I don't know a great deal about the rest. They seem to have a massive amount of in and outs every year, is their any reason for this?

Hawks2009 I reckon you are spot on mate, I have been spruking to every man and his dog that I reckon Lockhart will finish top 2. They have a good home ground advantage and some ripper recruits. Nathan McPherson is one of the best players I've seen in the league, there would be no tougher fella, and he has good skills. He is my early tip for the Azzi. You forgot to mention Jade Clements in the recruits also, fast, smart and skillful.

Yes, that James Richards is an absolute gun. Will tear this league part, don't you think Hawks2009?

Yes, that James Richards is an absolute gun. Will tear this league part, don't you think Hawks2009?

You are dead set kidding yourself GeeUUess. Richards and hoey completely over rated and would only just get a kick. but saying that I do wish them the best at trying...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back