Hume League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks i have browsed through all the BIG FOOTY Sites and have only come across one person who puts his name to what he posts.NOP you should know him he is a life member of Jindera
Hawks i have browsed through all the BIG FOOTY Sites and have only come across one person who puts his name to what he posts.NOP you should know him he is a life member of Jindera

Long way off a life member of Jindera

Hey box head, I think he is talking about max Duncan, who is a life member of jindera and he does put his name at the end of every post.

AH got ya. Misread. Was going to say I would have to give a hell of a lot more service to the club to reach that status. Any practice matcjes this week. We are playing Berrigan in a 6 qtr hit out on Saturday twilight

AH got ya. Misread. Was going to say I would have to give a hell of a lot more service to the club to reach that status. Any practice matcjes this week. We are playing Berrigan in a 6 qtr hit out on Saturday twilight

Few hume league clubs playing riverina based clubs this weekend;
R/W v Griffith
Culcairn V Marrer
Lockhart V Turvey
Crows V Collingulie
also Power V KSC

Has anyone else apart from Power played any practice matches before this weekend?
If so, how did those games go?

Two games so far for Power: Mar 7: CDHBU 11.11 77 def Moyhu 8.7 55. Mar 14: CDHBU 6.6 42 lost to Rutherglen 8.6 54

Lockhart got beat by 10 goals to north wagga last week but with not much of a side and Lost by 9 points to turvey park last night but with half a side to come back in. Zane Litchfield no showed from what I could see. Would be big odds to play out there. Obviously hasn't changed. A mate knows him and reckons he's a weak dog with zero loyalty and no commitment. Apparently had a sook at Narrandera after a few games last year and stopped playing

Last edited:
Lockhart got beat by 10 goals to north wagga last week but with not much of a side and Lost by 9 points to turvey park last night but with half a side to come back in. Zane Litchfield no showed from what I could see. Would be big odds to play out there. Obviously hasn't changed. A mate knows him and reckons he's a weak dog with zero loyalty and no commitment. Apparently had a sook at Narrandera after a few games last year and stopped playing
Hawks,
have heard the same. He came up to Broadbeach the other summer and couldn't handle the pre season thus took off back down south.... and didn't he king hit someone in the RFL last season.???

Any other news from practice matches? I heard Billabong Crows were thumped by Collingullie.

Any other news from practice matches? I heard Billabong Crows were thumped by Collingullie.
Yeah was at the game, think the final margin was about 110 points, crows too top heavy and slow, didn't look to have much of a game plan just kick and hope. Apparently were missing a couple of recruits so hopefully they improve.

Yeah was at the game, think the final margin was about 110 points, crows too top heavy and slow, didn't look to have much of a game plan just kick and hope. Apparently were missing a couple of recruits so hopefully they improve.

Yeah I was at the game as well, 92 points 120 TO 28. I believe they were missing the spine, FF, CHF, two Onballers, Fullback and a couple others. (played a lot of kids) im sure if they click we will see lots of improvement from them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NOP had a chat with S.BROOK ex-coach and he reckons that if he gets 100% fit and comes prepared to play each Saturday he will be your best recruit this season but it depends on those two factors[yes he did play a few games last season].What do you think?
True, his ex coach told me he wouldn't pick him in the reserves cause he'd hurt too many people:p Brooksy is a good player but I reckon he's suit the Tallangatta league better where he'd excel on the heavier grounds and pack footy. Did the same coach mention a bloke called Piltzy or Rat by any chance?:cool:

Kiewa-Sandy Creek looks extremely impressive based on what I saw yesterday. Power had a young team and showed some good signs, but the Hawks were very clean. I don't know how strong a team they had in, but there were Lavington, Wodonga and North Albury shorts on show. Apparently they beat Howlong by 20 goals a couple of weeks ago?
KSC 17.11 113 def CDHBU 4.6 30.
Under 17s CDHBU 14.7 91 def KSC 2.5 17.

heard RWT forward kicked 9... he sounds fairly handy
Yea I've heard the 6 Canberra boys are very handy. Lockhart have a few Canberra boys and apparently they guys from Rand train with the lockhart guys on a Tuesday night which is interesting. A group of them train as they can't make it over here.

Yeah I was at the game as well, 92 points 120 TO 28. I believe they were missing the spine, FF, CHF, two Onballers, Fullback and a couple others. (played a lot of kids) im sure if they click we will see lots of improvement from them.

Pretty poor by the crows, gullie didnt have near a full side either. The new recruits that did play for crows didnt show much.

Seems like the only team with form coming into the season is r/w.

Pretty poor by the crows, gullie didnt have near a full side either. The new recruits that did play for crows didnt show much.

Seems like the only team with form coming into the season is r/w.
Who were the recruits for crows that played? Hard to read much into preseason games. Should be interesting round 1. Anyone keen to put out their tips for round 1 yet?

Culcairn touched up by Farrer League club Marrar. Anyone have more information on that? Understand the practice matches are always hard to determine how a team is travelling, but it does give us a chance to look at a clubs depth.

heard RWT forward kicked 9... he sounds fairly handy

Taking into consideration that in 2013 , Rwt, were competitive and were not far off making finals, and in 2014 looks like they have not lost to many major players, recruited the ACT guys, plus former gun player in Warren-Memo, and a number of others that I don't know about,,, I think they will be a real threat this year. I know it was only a practice match this past weekend, but to belt Griffith was a good sign.
As I said a month or so ago, watch this Roulsoune guy from ACT... is a gun.He will be one of the best players in the comp.

At this early stage, will have a punt.
RWT
BB
JINDERA
HENTY
HOLBROOK
LOCKHART
Smokey... Murray Magpies.
Big call to have RWT on the top, BB are still the gun side everyone needs to watch out for, Flag last year and didnt loose any players and to pick up a few more, they have gotta be still the best in the comp

Don't have high expectations on Trotter, will be handy but won't be in Lockharts top 5. Recruit Anthony Watt looked a bit on the large side on the weekend, Richards, caught his finals games last year for Northern Jets, handy when he has the footy, not willing to get a hard ball or a 50/50 ball on the ground. Looking forward to the new season though, looks like it could be tight at the top.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back