Hume League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

No wouldn't say that mate. The others I mentioned are better then him. Especially McPherson, Litchfield, Ablett and sheather. I expect those boys to dominate games.
Heard litchfield isnt a lock in yet....heard off a few people pretty close to him.any truth to this anyone

thanks orange peeler, correct. three of the act guys will be top players in the hume comp. the others may be ok, but they were not even rated players in the neafl.but they should be decent contributers at hume comp level.
Time will tell i suppose, my tip for the top six lies with BB, Lockhart, Jindera, Holbrook, Henty, RW Murry magpies to improve but it is hard to return from 100ft of s**t that they were last year

Depends what u class as quality but In my opinion, quality as players who would be a walk up start to any hume league side, and be able to play in a higher league.
Nathan McPherson. David trotter. Zane Litchfield. Marc Ablett. James Richards. John Hoey. Zac sheather. Anthony Watt. Then there are others who are still definite solid 1s players. Add these to the quality they had last year (they had a lot of high quality but it dropped away savagely after that which won't win u games), they should be top 4

Wasn't David Trotter a top 10 AFL draft pick? He is going to carve up this competition.

if trotter plays half the year they will be finals material,
more to the point is who has walla picked up other than stead.could be another long year for them.

I also hear billabong crows have kept a few handy players and recruited pretty decent

There game against collingullie in a few weeks should give some indication where they are at. The 3 blokes from wagga they have picked up all have history of leaving clubs and the "melbourne players" are coming out of the ellinbank league which is ranked 29/32 in the vcfl. After talking themselfs up big last year and the loss of kerr, kiley and austin etc they are likely to be similar to last year.

There game against collingullie in a few weeks should give some indication where they are at. The 3 blokes from wagga they have picked up all have history of leaving clubs and the "melbourne players" are coming out of the ellinbank league which is ranked 29/32 in the vcfl. After talking themselfs up big last year and the loss of kerr, kiley and austin etc they are likely to be similar to last year.

Not sure practice match results give any indication. Unavailabilities rewarded of fringe players for doing the work means that ypu dont necessarily have your best side out there.
I know we have a few unavailable for ours as well as trying blomes in different roles

Austin is a big loss for the crows, Kiley only played 4/5 games and dont think he is a major loss (yes a loss of cause) Arho, kerr have returned. not much talk coming out of the crows, there not giving much away. but whispers are that the players they recruited are of good quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jindera bud. Its common knowledge on here who i am. I dont deny nor hide from who I am and what I say.
Ah ok mate, just asking, I didn't know. The talk I'm hearing around the place is you guys are the team to beat this year. As for the crows, I've seen the guys play they have recruited from wagga and they are just your every day average 1st grade footballer. Good solid players but not guns

Last edited:
NOP had a chat with S.BROOK ex-coach and he reckons that if he gets 100% fit and comes prepared to play each Saturday he will be your best recruit this season but it depends on those two factors[yes he did play a few games last season].What do you think? Just reading on here there must be some wealthy clubs in this league if they can afford to pay players from Canberra/Melb to travel each week. Personally i think no player is worth more than $300 per-game in minor leagues and that is what the hume league is .My top six Henty, Jindera, Lockhart, R/W, CDHBU, Holbrook and Murray Magpies to fight for 6th spot

NOP had a chat with S.BROOK ex-coach and he reckons that if he gets 100% fit and comes prepared to play each Saturday he will be your best recruit this season but it depends on those two factors[yes he did play a few games last season].What do you think? Just reading on here there must be some wealthy clubs in this league if they can afford to pay players from Canberra/Melb to travel each week. Personally i think no player is worth more than $300 per-game in minor leagues and that is what the hume league is .My top six Henty, Jindera, Lockhart, R/W, CDHBU, Holbrook and Murray Magpies to fight for 6th spot

Yeah brooker is a beauty. Puts the fear of god into most of us during our handball games and competitive drills. Will be super if he can maintain training and get into realative shape.

Wouldn't Bb Saints be in the top six. From what in hear they haven't lost many from last year

Kerr and arho havnt left aswell as kerr,s brother who is meanto be as good,the melbourne players will still be very handy.

W
Wheres BB sit in this, they have defiantly gotta be in top 6 after inclusions this year,.... I tip for the League to improve out of sight,
BB were the worst Premiership winning side have seen in years, would of been spanked by Osbourne back in their day.... Hume league will be the best it has ever been this year, every team will be competitive besides poor old Walla trailing behind

W

Wheres BB sit in this, they have defiantly gotta be in top 6 after inclusions this year,.... I tip for the League to improve out of sight,
BB were the worst Premiership winning side have seen in years, would of been spanked by Osbourne back in their day.... Hume league will be the best it has ever been this year, every team will be competitive besides poor old Walla trailing behind
Agree. There is probably 12 sides that could genuinely play finals. There is no soft part of the draw. Depth and injuries will play a huge part.
Can't agree with a "bad" premiership side. There is no such thing and saying so shows disrespect to those who were lucky enough to play in it. I'd swap a bad premiership with a really good runners up anyday.

I know their is no such thing as a Bad premiership winning side, but the league last year was the worst it had been in years

Wouldn't Bb Saints be in the top six. From what in hear they haven't lost many from last year
Sorry Hawkeye21 forgot BB Saints to many teams in the comp drop out CDHBU but they won't go back to back.Instead of Holbrook fighting Magpies for 6th spot i will replace them with CDHBU, Their door is just about shut[holbrook]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back