List Mgmt. Free Agency 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You make it seem like I believe Gibbs is going to leave when I've actually said the opposite. I understand supporters being on the edge when one of their players is in question but if you truly believe he isn't going to leave then it shouldn't bother you.

You are going to get a lot worse than what I've said if Gibbs is still off contract in June.

Not on my watch! :D

Tell you what. I'd hate to lose Bryce and see him as a must-sign, but if we're going to lose him and we decide to not dip our toes into the FA pool this year....a 1st round compensation pick plus Dangerfield would do me just fine.

Why is Rucci such a idiot? I listened to that entire interview minutes ago and Malthouse never said anything along those lines.

exactly. Rucci & the other guy were the ones who stated given paddy is a fa next year would you be interested.

then again, every gibbs article has been exactly the same. each of them taken out of context and were based on comments from sando/hinkley when probed by rucci.

This should be Gibbs big contact for his career. Would guess he is looking at a 4-5 year deal on good dollars as this is what it seems to take. To keep a gun FA or get them to leave this is the likely asking price. One consideration for Gibbs maybe chances of long term success. If Carlton start the season well and look to be building well for the seasons ahead Gibbs will be more likely to sign IMHO. If Blues don't and either Port or Adelaide have a big 2014 Gibbs would be easier to sway.

How important do you Blues posters think this maybe in retaining Gibbs?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This should be Gibbs big contact for his career. Would guess he is looking at a 4-5 year deal on good dollars as this is what it seems to take. To keep a gun FA or get them to leave this is the likely asking price. One consideration for Gibbs maybe chances of long term success. If Carlton start the season well and look to be building well for the seasons ahead Gibbs will be more likely to sign IMHO. If Blues don't and either Port or Adelaide have a big 2015 Gibbs would be easier to sway.

How important do you Blues posters think this maybe in retaining Gibbs?

If Gibbs can tell how Port and Adelaide are going to go in 2015, can he tell me the lotto numbers too?

Because that tells everyone so much, Mick never gives a straight answer, I know people who work at Adelaide and they have been in to him for a few years now waiting for him to come out of contract
Adelaide were big time into trying to convince Sticks to go back to Adelaide and become their inaugural captain. He declined the honour to stay with the Blues. And considering the relationship Gibbs Snr has with Mr Kernahan, I would say that he isnt going anywhere soon.

exactly. Rucci & the other guy were the ones who stated given paddy is a fa next year would you be interested.

then again, every gibbs article has been exactly the same. each of them taken out of context and were based on comments from sando/hinkley when probed by rucci.

Pot.jpg

James Frawley can walk away from Demons
Frawley, who is one of the game’s most sought-after free agents this year, has surprisingly been classified as ‘‘unrestricted’’ – allowing him to go to any club, without any impediment, regardless of the money offered – because he is not ranked in the top 25 per cent for player payments at Melbourne.

Jamison, 27, is unrestricted based on his 2014 contract.
James Frawley can walk away from Demons

It doesn't mean all that much, yet it's still surprising to learn that Frawley is an unrestricted free agent.

We'd have to beat back Collingwood, Richmond and Hawthorn for his services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back