AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Won't be at all surprised if they decide that they've made the bulk of whatever money they're going to make and cancel the major update in favour of just the new lists..... Will still be pissed though

Won't be at all surprised if they decide that they've made the bulk of whatever money they're going to make and cancel the major update in favour of just the new lists..... Will still be pissed though

Yeah no doubt. Would be good to play the game through the footy season with updated lists etc

2013 Season Results:
Premier: Essendon
Norm Smith: J. Daniher
Brownlow: J. Daniher
Coleman: J. Daniher
Rising Star: J. Daniher

Some game this is.
WHY DON'T THEY HAVE CARRER GAMES PLAYED AND GOALS KICKED FOR INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS? THE MOST OBVIOUS INCLUSION IN THE WORD!

2013 Season Results:
Premier: Essendon
Norm Smith: J. Daniher
Brownlow: J. Daniher
Coleman: J. Daniher
Rising Star: J. Daniher

Some game this is.
WHY DON'T THEY HAVE CARRER GAMES PLAYED AND GOALS KICKED FOR INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS? THE MOST OBVIOUS INCLUSION IN THE WORD!

Hey that shouldn't be strange to Essendon fans. ;)

I have accepted the gameplay as it stands - not perfect but playable fun. I just want new lists.

where is these mysterious statements?

From the AFL Live 2 page in September last year:

"Unfortunately 12 months isn’t a long time in game development, so in an effort to please our anxious fans we didn’t have time to include fancy cut scenes, or glamorous graphics, these probably needed another 6 months work. Most people switch these off after a few games but for the truly devoted, we are continuing to work on these features and we intend (pending AFL approval) to release a glamour DLC pack mid-next year which would also include the new 2014 update.
No, it is not free (what is?), but you are saving a fair bit on this game and I can’t imagine the DLC price exceeding your saving"

From the AFL Live 2 page in September last year:

"Unfortunately 12 months isn’t a long time in game development, so in an effort to please our anxious fans we didn’t have time to include fancy cut scenes, or glamorous graphics, these probably needed another 6 months work. Most people switch these off after a few games but for the truly devoted, we are continuing to work on these features and we intend (pending AFL approval) to release a glamour DLC pack mid-next year which would also include the new 2014 update.
No, it is not free (what is?), but you are saving a fair bit on this game and I can’t imagine the DLC price exceeding your saving"

Happy with that. I just hope they don't just leave it. I mean I know we shouldn't be comparing these games to the likes of FIFA, NBA Madden etc who get a roster update every week but after the trades and all drafts were complete a roster update would have been handy. At the end of the day the game didn't come out a cheaper price then titles like that so we should therefore expect some sort of standard in the modern age of gaming.

I'm going for this Ron Evans medal trophy. Won the brownlow etc but didn't bloody win rising star. What's the deal. They were 18 years old. I'm guessing they had to be 18 at start of year? Had the DOB as 2 may 1995.

Last edited:
I remember in AFL 2005 the retirements/delistings/drafting of older guys was so out of whak.

Matty Primus would turn 32, get cut by Port and then get picked up by the CPU as the #1 pick in the draft for whichever club was down there, only to retire at the end of the following season.

Good times...
i remember in 2006 anthony rocca retired to start a career as a DJ o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I enjoy taking a team I have no love for and gutting the list.
I usually keep around 10 players I like and trade in about 3-5 favorite players from other clubs and trade the rest for the top 10 picks. Good fun

Ay guys I'm playin in the nab cup an it keeps play 2 quaters an finishing. . What am I doin wrong? Hiw do I get 4 quarters?

Ay guys I'm playin in the nab cup an it keeps play 2 quaters an finishing. . What am I doin wrong? Hiw do I get 4 quarters?

That's how the NAB Cup used to be played. Think it was 2 quarters for first couple rounds, then full game for the rest and final.

Havent played this garbage for months. I play AFL Live 1 still with current lists I made.

I sent Wicked Witch a Facebook message giving them an absolute baking about how disgusted I was at their attempt to make an AFL game. Sent me a reply whinging about how they didnt have much time. Incompetent idiots.

Havent played this garbage for months. I play AFL Live 1 still with current lists I made.

I sent Wicked Witch a Facebook message giving them an absolute baking about how disgusted I was at their attempt to make an AFL game. Sent me a reply whinging about how they didnt have much time. Incompetent idiots.
Surprised you got a reply out of them justifying it, you'd think they'd be more stubborn and tell you you're wrong.
I was pretty excited when it was announced because I thought it'd be another Big Ant game, but all I heard on release was that it was absolute trash, so I've just updated all my AFL Live lists, forgetting to cut a player here or there.
Hopefully we get another good footy game. We've obviously got the NBA 2K series, FIFA, MLB The Show, NHL among others, and what looks to be a decent cricket game for the first time in a few years in Don Bradman Cricket 14, so it'd be nice to have a quality AFL release more often.

Surprised you got a reply out of them justifying it, you'd think they'd be more stubborn and tell you you're wrong.
I was pretty excited when it was announced because I thought it'd be another Big Ant game, but all I heard on release was that it was absolute trash, so I've just updated all my AFL Live lists, forgetting to cut a player here or there.
Hopefully we get another good footy game. We've obviously got the NBA 2K series, FIFA, MLB The Show, NHL among others, and what looks to be a decent cricket game for the first time in a few years in Don Bradman Cricket 14, so it'd be nice to have a quality AFL release more often.

You made a good choice. It was obviously made by a bunch of dickheads who have no clue about AFL nor do they care. I made sure I told them I knew that.

The game is s**t, no question, but personally I'd suggest Tru Blu would be more deserving of a bake. They're the ones who decided that a cheap cash grab was more important than a good game and went with Wicked Witch in the first place.

The game is s**t, no question, but personally I'd suggest Tru Blu would be more deserving of a bake. They're the ones who decided that a cheap cash grab was more important than a good game and went with Wicked Witch in the first place.

They're all worthy of my wrath. I am an addict of the 2011 game. I was disgusted.

They're all worthy of my wrath. I am an addict of the 2011 game. I was disgusted.
Good. Just wanted to make sure TruBlu were copping their rightful wrath.

I'm with you on the 2011 game. Best AFL game ever, and by far. I felt like someone ran over my dog when i heard that BigAnt got stooged from making #2, and then like they got out of the car and banged my wife when i heard their replacement was Wicked Witch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back