AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see what's so surprising about that.
Haha maybe he's a bad example. Blokes like Milne, Koschitzke and Guerra still running around

I remember in AFL 2005 the retirements/delistings/drafting of older guys was so out of whak.

Matty Primus would turn 32, get cut by Port and then get picked up by the CPU as the #1 pick in the draft for whichever club was down there, only to retire at the end of the following season.

Good times...

Anyone who didn't give this game a chance because it wasn't made by Bigant are making a mistake.

In some respects it's a far better game. The gameplay is better. The presentation is not.
It's also a far better multiplayer title to play at home with a mate.

So agree with this. Ross and Big Ant were (and still are) fantastic with their communication around AFL Live, but I think it lessoned the criticism on what was just an average game. We could all tell Ross was on the same page as us and our expectation was Big Ant would take it to the next level next release.

After having the excuse to buy this for my son for Christmas I found AFL Live 2 to be a far more playable game than the original, and has a career mode. It has some floors which hopefully will be enhanced in future iterations (the most glaring for me is kicking out after a behind).

What ever the reason Big Ant did not continue with AFL its time to get on board this one. Make suggestions for enhancements and hopefully the developers have someone with their eyes on forums such as these.

They would do themselves a massive favour also if they communicated with their consumers such as Big Ant and particularly Ross has over the past couple of years.

Whenever i try to put the sub on the game just freezes.

Anyone else having this problem aswell?

Yep, on Xbox anyway I've seen many people mention it on the 2 threads on here and it happens to me. Someone suggested a solution involving changing the sub settings off and on again, but it didn't work for me.

Is there a way to put a player onto a different team without trading? For example I'd like Gumbleton to Fremantle, without giving any of our players away.

Don't be greedy Susan! Haha seriously in career mode just trade a bunch of picks but otherwise no there is no player swap without going something back
I thought as much, thanks anyway.

Played today for the first time for quite a while and enjoyed it. Will probably play lots of it when the AFL season starts again like I did with the original AFL Live.

It's $30 on the PSN for Australia Day Weekend if anyone is keen. I just picked it up in preparation for footy season, I'll probably enjoy it despite any flaws and $30 is very reasonable.

Anyone on ps3 wanna help me get the online trophies?

Sure, I'd be keen once I've learned the controls, get them out of the way.

Anyone know how to win the ruck on Legendary. Really hard to beat teams like Geelong and Hawthorn when you can't win more then 2 tapouts.

If you're on the Playstation you can punch the ball in the ruck with L2 I think. Eventually Legendary becomes easy though and you won't need to punch it because it will make the game even easier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 questions:

1. So after the patches and s**t, is it a game worth buying? (haven't played it)

2. What's the player and team customisation like? Can you create/edit players and edit teams freely?

2 questions:

1. So after the patches and s**t, is it a game worth buying? (haven't played it)

2. What's the player and team customisation like? Can you create/edit players and edit teams freely?

1. It's okay but I wouldn't buy it if its still 70 dollars. A lot better after the patches though.

2. You can create and edit teams, players stats and appearances all you like. Game is still based on 2012's list so if you want Buddy Franklin your going to need to move him from the Hawks to Sydney.

1. It's okay but I wouldn't buy it if its still 70 dollars. A lot better after the patches though.

2. You can create and edit teams, players stats and appearances all you like. Game is still based on 2012's list so if you want Buddy Franklin your going to need to move him from the Hawks to Sydney.

Cool. I thought the roster and player editing was restricted, I like to mess around with ratings and rosters.

Cool. I thought the roster and player editing was restricted, I like to mess around with ratings and rosters.
Roster editing is super restricted as far as the team side goes. You can "create a custom team" which is Wicked Witchian for "There is one copy of every AFL team that you can edit." No creating your own team from another city with a different guernsey. And there's no delisted pool or anything, if you want to take someone out of a team, you have to trade them for someone.

Roster editing is super restricted as far as the team side goes. You can "create a custom team" which is Wicked Witchian for "There is one copy of every AFL team that you can edit." No creating your own team from another city with a different guernsey. And there's no delisted pool or anything, if you want to take someone out of a team, you have to trade them for someone.

You can just create the players from scratch.

It's $30 on the PSN for Australia Day Weekend if anyone is keen. I just picked it up in preparation for footy season, I'll probably enjoy it despite any flaws and $30 is very reasonable.

Thanks for the heads up (looks like the deal's good until 30/01) I'm downloading it now. At that price even a couple of hours isn't bad value.

The punch seems to work every time.

Enjoy the game, it's quite satisfying and enjoyable once you get the hang of it, but the constant substitution freezes are unforgivable. Can barely get through a game.

Chuck us a PM with your PSN whenever you're ready:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back