Richmond vs Carlton - 7:45pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

He'd rucked 85% of the game time. He's incredibly tall (I'd discuss the mechanics of kicking a football but it would be lost on you). Only some fat kid who never played football would overlook those facts and put it down to "he's s**t he shanked a kick in the last minute".

Mate: "mechanics of kicking a football" - give it a rest! The guy's a hack. Clever though - we have five ruckmen on our list; he wouldn't have a contract ahead of any of them if he'd stayed with us.

Why is it Carlton never finds good players or so goes the argument... I am sure Carlton has played finals five of the past six seasons. Murphy, Gibbs, Henderson, Jamison, Daisy, Yarran, Garlett, Walker, Warnock are in their prime... Kreuzer is injury riddled and I am glad we have rested him instead of playing with injuries so unlearned idiots throw dirt at him... Tuohy, Buckley, Menzel, Bell are still youngsters.... Judd, Waite, Carrazzo are ageing stars but still very good players. We do not lack talent we lack a winners mentality we need Brendan Rodgers to have a chat to this group - Mick is going no where and too old school.

Apparently both teams are useless and wont make the eight already. Richmond beats Footscray and they're 2-1, is that really obvious bottom ten material? Come on bigfooty, you can be better than this.

I'm not sure it can. This thread has just been atrocious. No insight, just constant bagging and bullshit.

Definitely need more games to settle everything out. Tricky to learn much from games that were that close when the losing side butchered goals like that Garlett masterpiece.

Yeah we really should've lost that one, just lucky Carlton weren't good enough to kick goals. Wish I got to see the first half because it looks like we played quite well.

Not sure if Trent Cotchin or David Copperfield. Did quite the disappearing act in that final qtr when the game was on the line.

Was a shame, think he only had 8 disposals in the second half? Same with Deledio and maybe Martin? Kind of guessing there. Can't remember but as a team we didn't really play well in the last quarter, so I don't want to put the blame on those individuals.

And yet a few drama queens on BF will focus only on those kicks and ignore everything else.

I still have some queries about Warnock, in these two games, he's taken a grand total of one mark. I get that given his height, he'll never be the best kick, but given his height, shouldn't he be able to take a few marks? They don't even need to be up forward, Richmond kicked to a lot of packs in the last quarter, you'd think he'd be able to push into one of them and take a mark.

Warnock had a decent game besides a few shanked kicks.

As always there are people who watch football who have no clue what they are watching.

i.e you
I watch a game played between two teams of 22 players who chase around a pig-skin and attempt to kick it through the middle two sticks. What do you watch?

The guy's a hack. Clever though - we have five ruckmen on our list; he wouldn't have a contract ahead of any of them if he'd stayed with us.

That hack had 30 hitouts, 15 contested touches and the third highest clearances numbers of the game. Played a big role in keeping the ball in the forward half in that last quarter too. Yeah he muffed a couple of kicks, but he played pretty well tonight. Take the blinkers off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really fair potting Richmond players and fans for being stoked with that win, how many times in the past have they been in that situation against Carlton and ended up losing? Carlton have had the wood on Richmond for a long time so it's obvious they'll be pretty raucous. Can't be underestimated either the effect fatigue has on you mentally, many of the errors in that last quarter were from lack of composure but that's footy for you.

Mate: "mechanics of kicking a football" - give it a rest! The guy's a hack. Clever though - we have five ruckmen on our list; he wouldn't have a contract ahead of any of them if he'd stayed with us.
I wouldn't bother arguing with him, he's either the most deluded fan in history or high as a kite.

Smarter bet than I thought in the end.

I can just imagine those out there who bet Under on the game score.. whenever I have that sort of bet that comes off last minute I do spare a thought for the poor losers.

I still have some queries about Warnock, in these two games, he's taken a grand total of one mark. I get that given his height, he'll never be the best kick, but given his height, shouldn't he be able to take a few marks?

Agreed marking is a real weakness in his game, but there's no point focusing only on what he can't do, while ignoring what he can do.

Was a real key in Carlton's comeback tonight and had a more than reasonable game.

I think Warnock's fantastic shank followed by kicking it straight to Vickery in the dying minutes deserved special mention. Essendon must be terrified at the sight of the Blues juggernaut. At least Richmond have got the Bulldogs they should win that one even playing like that.
Yep! And we got Mr Gale as well which means we got Megan and he beat Warnock. Win win!

Lol at people using Carlton's poor kicking as an excuse... You weren't the only team, we should've been 10 goals up at half time.

Carlton missed a stack of easy opportunities. They had you on toast and didn't finish. Well done on the win, but don't get too ruffled by people pointing out that Carlton kicked themselves out of a comeback win.

Yep! And we got Mr Gale as well which means we got Megan and he beat Warnock. Win win!
Warnock is the only opponent Hampson is going to beat in 2014, though. He's a complete spud and Richmond fans are the biggest hypocrites in the league if they're going to talk him up - they were bagging him from pillar to post last year.

That hack had 30 hitouts, 15 contested touches and the third highest clearances numbers of the game. Played a big role in keeping the ball in the forward half in that last quarter too. Yeah he muffed a couple of kicks, but he played pretty well tonight. Take the blinkers off.

Yeah - you might have inferred there's no love for him at Freo. Like I said he's obviously clever and I'm sure he"s enjoying playing in the big smoke. Vision's perfect btw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back