Mega Thread Dayle Garlett - I did but see him passing by... allegedly in a stolen vehicle (thanks Josh)

Remove this Banner Ad

I have taken over two years to lose 42 kg, I have stayed at the weight I lost, for well over six months now, walk twice a day, keep as active as I can, mow,and trim the lawn, as much as I can keep busy doing. If I could only lose wrinkles, lol, I am back to the weight I was before I married,and had children, but my wrinkle free face would be great, hehe. Not much I can do about that...:p:D

Sorry LMH but did anyone else not see this bit. Jeebus this is really a close knit forum we have here...:drunk:

I did SH and even being female myself, I just chose to let it go. LMH would understand completely.;)

Now there's a thought! He may be able to get me something to eradicate my wrinkles. He just may know what works best...:D
At the risk of going all Benny Hill / On the Buses / Julian Clarey on you, I'm pretty sure James was using something that definitely removed the wrinkles (albeit, not permanently) from a certain, um.... body part.... :oops:

I guess SD don't want to be seen as a non-professional club that accepts a "turn up when you like, do what you like" attitude. Having said that, you'd think they'd know what they're getting considering he played there last year.

I guess SD don't want to be seen as a non-professional club that accepts a "turn up when you like, do what you like" attitude. Having said that, you'd think they'd know what they're getting considering he played there last year.

My partner works with someone who is heavily involved at SD and even they were surprised the hawks took a chance. This conflicts with what was coming of the swans coaches mouth last year so it's hard to know who to believe

I would hope that the Hawks don't completely close the door on Garlett. It may take a couple of years for maturity. And homesickness may not become so hard for him. He seems to have the talent. It would be a hard thing down the track for him to realise, which he will, that he had missed an opportunity he will never get again. Will the Hawks leave the door ajar. Things and attitudes do change , especially at that age. I would leave the door ajar.

I would hope that the Hawks don't completely close the door on Garlett. It may take a couple of years for maturity. And homesickness may not become so hard for him. He seems to have the talent. It would be a hard thing down the track for him to realise, which he will, that he had missed an opportunity he will never get again. Will the Hawks leave the door ajar. Things and attitudes do change , especially at that age. I would leave the door ajar.

I would say contrary to the comments coming out of the hawks, is that the door has been slammed and the deadbolt drawn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was the Brillance of 2 small forwards in Bruest and Rioli who were able to secure the win for us tonight....the sad thing is that if Dayle was able to put his heart and mind to it he would be the third cog in the chain in the future....very disappointed that he will not be putting lots of smiles on the faces of Hawks fans for the next 10 years!

"“I’m not sure if he will come back to Swan Districts, apparently he has some issue with the club. He comes from the Eastern Midlands, which is a low socio-economic level area. In that sense he’s a victim of his generation. Some guys know what acceptable conduct is and some don’t.”

Campbell is sure that Garlett, 20, despite making the right noises, wasn’t ready to make the transition from WAFL to AFL: “I don’t think Dayle was ready to go. He has had issues for a couple of years and having one more good year in the WAFL was not going to change things off the field.

“No one really knew if he’d really changed. It was probably a bigger risk than what Hawthorn thought. His footy and attitude and training had picked up a little, but not enough to get him to a level that was required for AFL."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/so...tes-jon-anderson/story-fndv8os9-1226868655245

Just another young boy addicted to ice... That drug is killing society. That euphoric feeling is just too good to give up. I wonder when the government and sporting institutions will start taking positive steps in curing this problem.

It's not just the young. My wife and I have watched as good happily married friends of ours in their forties have gone from casual users living in a huge beautiful home with three happy kids to total addicts, now unemployed, divorce and utter depression over about 8 to 10 years. What a waste.

Unfortunately, DG didn't have the vision to see the opportunity he had:

Knuckle down, put in some hard yards and...premiership glory, honours, medals. 2014 could have been him living the dream - redemption for missing out. But he just couldn't do the hard yards. He could have just focused on 2014 - forget the years beyond.

Look at Anderson. That guy is mature well beyond his years. Rides the waves of bad fortune without any visible signs of care. Someone said he seems other-worldly - I agree.

Oh well, at least we won't have to deal with constant DG distractions now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back